I feel like there's something I should be doing

wannuhcruise

Ok, so our cruise is not just two weeks away and I feel like there's something I should be doing, but I don't know what it is (this is my first cruise). We have our booklets and luggage tags. Information is entered on the Web site and online check-in is complete. Excursions are booked. Our TA resolved the unexpected refunds we got which resulted in things getting canceled. All of the paperwork, including passport, is printed out and stored in a folder that's already been put in the suitcase. Is there anything I'm missing...besides packing and going on the trip?

If the situation applies to you, cancel newspaper delivery and have your mail redirected or held at the post office. Arrange your ride to the airport. If you take any prescription meds, make sure you have enough to last twice the number of days you'll be away and pack 1/2 of of your meds in your carry-on and half in your checked luggage or partner's carry on.

Pick up anything that's still at the dry cleaner's.

Take Immodium, Pepto Bismol, etc., as many, if not all the ships do not sell them on board.

Bring mini bottles of hand sanitizer.

Remember you''ll need room in your carry-on for your overnight things on the last night and possibly pack your bathing suit and short clothes in it before you have it for the pool in the event you don't get your luggage until later in the first day.

Remember you''ll need room in your carry-on for your overnight things on the last night and possibly pack your bathing suit and short clothes in it before you have it for the pool in the event you don't get your luggage until later in the first day.

That's one of the best tips...I started packing shorts/top/bathing suit/sandals in carryon quite a few cruises ago/also change of underwear and toothbrush/paste in case luggage takes longer to arrive than dinner time.

What type of luggage can you carry on the ship? Do they have the same size regulations as airlines? I am getting worried that we'll have a problem with our Murano res. on the 1st night if our luggage doesn't arrive in time (res. for 6:30 p.m.). Can I carry on a garment bag, for instance?

I'm in the same boat as OP - second guessing all my planning at this point!!

What type of luggage can you carry on the ship? Do they have the same size regulations as airlines? I am getting worried that we'll have a problem with our Murano res. on the 1st night if our luggage doesn't arrive in time (res. for 6:30 p.m.). Can I carry on a garment bag, for instance?

You can carry on whatever you can carry - with exceptions of odd-shaped stuff, like sports equipment. No restrictions. Carryons will go through the scanner just like at the airport.

I bring a change of clothes in my carryon for the first night in DR. Though my luggage has always showed up before then, it's still nice to have. Bringing a garment bag sounds like a good idea if you're dining in Murano.

quote by Infi

"I bring a change of clothes in my carryon for the first night in DR. Though my luggage has always showed up before then, it's still nice to have"

Hi,:) I have done the exact same thing for every cruise.

After traveling all day long I want to shower and change my

clothes for dinner. Most times I arrive the day before but I still

want to be a new outfit for dinner (being on the ship all day long:))

The extra clothing never takes up much space in the carry-on

and it just feels nicer to be clean in clean clothing:)

And you never know what might happen if you are flying

in from a distance. I always pack extra clothing, undergarments,

toiletries, etc in that carry on bag. A clean set of clothes

is easy and can give one peace of mind as well.:)

Hi,

The first night is Smart Casual and Above night and here is the quote from X website.

Smart Casual and Above

Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurant at any time. Shorts and flip flops are not allowed in the evening hours. Additionally, guests are asked to follow the "Smart Casual and Above" dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.

We packed our extra outfit, undies and our DD's makeup in a carry on duffle (gym) bag. We flew in the same day that we embarked, so we need to change our winter clothes. But we received all luggages by 3 PM. If you fly in one day before cruise you can wear (smart casual outfit) when you board the ship.

I don't think they have any regulations for carry on.

I would scan in your passports, DL's and credit cards (both sides) and email them to yourself. And of course we always carry two copies of passports in separate places from the passports themselves. Never had to use any of them but they sure help if you get in a pickle.

Also we recently bought a luggage scale to be sure we're okay when we get to the airport--nothing worse than having to repack--which, BTW, is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If one bag weighs 55 lbs and the other weighs 35 lbs, and you take 5 lbs out of one and put it into the other, is it ANY less weight on the plane??? How dumb is this rule!!! Also, esp. for cruising, I could get everything into one bag, but have to take two because of weight. Add to that the weight of the extra suitcase and the whole purpose is defeated.

Okay, sorry, off my soapbox--have a great trip!

Cathy

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions. I do have copies of the passport and the paperwork/passport is actually in the outer pocket of my carry-on. Not much to take care of at home as far as cancelling things. DH is staying home w/ the kids that week (this is a girls' trip!).

Other than packing, it looks like I'm ready to go!!

I would scan in your passports, DL's and credit cards (both sides) and email them to yourself. And of course we always carry two copies of passports in separate places from the passports themselves. Never had to use any of them but they sure help if you get in a pickle.

Also we recently bought a luggage scale to be sure we're okay when we get to the airport--nothing worse than having to repack--which, BTW, is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If one bag weighs 55 lbs and the other weighs 35 lbs, and you take 5 lbs out of one and put it into the other, is it ANY less weight on the plane??? How dumb is this rule!!! Also, esp. for cruising, I could get everything into one bag, but have to take two because of weight. Add to that the weight of the extra suitcase and the whole purpose is defeated.

Okay, sorry, off my soapbox--have a great trip!

Cathy

Good point! As a result of your note, we just weighed our partly packed suitcase; came in at 35 lbs with a few more last minute additions. Renting tux and no extra suit jacket /shoes that go with have really made a difference, as well as it only being 7 days!

That's one of the best tips...I started packing shorts/top/bathing suit/sandals in carryon quite a few cruises ago/also change of underwear and toothbrush/paste in case luggage takes longer to arrive than dinner time.

I always split up my clothes and my husband's clothes in our two checked suitcases. That way if something happens to one suitcase, you both have a some clothing. This was inspired by a business trip I took where my luggage was lost but my co worker that checked right after me got his luggage. Half is better than none :)

Archived