Platinum Level Free Internet Time Question

bkp

:confused: Our next cruise will be our first at the Platinum Captains Circle level. My question is this - is the free internet time per person or per stateroom? Since we are both Platinum seems like we should each have the benefit for a total of around 300 minutes free but then I could also see how Princess could say no - it is per stateroom. Any clarification would be appreciated.

Thanks!

HI,

Just learned this myself...through Cruise Critic, of course! Each person (spouse and self) is a separate Platinum member. So...each person gets his/her minutes.

You need to actually "purchase" the internet package, and then it is credited back on your bill. On our recent Emerald cruise you got a 20 minute "bonus" of free minutes if you signed up for the package on the first day of the cruise, which we did (another good CC tip!). We ended up with so many minutes, neither of us used them up!

HI,

Just learned this myself...through Cruise Critic, of course! Each person (spouse and self) is a separate Platinum member. So...each person gets his/her minutes.

You need to actually "purchase" the internet package, and then it is credited back on your bill. On our recent Emerald cruise you got a 20 minute "bonus" of free minutes if you signed up for the package on the first day of the cruise, which we did (another good CC tip!). We ended up with so many minutes, neither of us used them up!

They weren't giving the bonus minutes on either the Ruby or the Crown.

You get the platinum benefits after you complete 5 cruises.

Yup - no goodies until cruise #6 :D They will send your new Platinum membership card to your cabin at the end of the 5th cruise, but don't try and get into the Platinum disembarkation lounge with it, it doesn't work....I tried :)

Just off the Emerald last week and our first time as platinum. They gave us each 250 minutes for $100 plus if you sign up the first day of the cruise an additional 30 minutes per person was added-280 total. ($100.00 credited on bill) We shared our minutes with our travel companions (they used our accounts). The internet is slow on board so a lot of minutes are wasted waiting.

Just off the Emerald last week and our first time as platinum. They gave us each 250 minutes for $100 plus if you sign up the first day of the cruise an additional 30 minutes per person was added-280 total. ($100.00 credited on bill) We shared our minutes with our travel companions (they used our accounts). The internet is slow on board so a lot of minutes are wasted waiting.

From what I'm reading the "bonus" seems to apply only to the Emerald. :cool:

Course you coud just book a suite and get internet for free......:D

Bob

Future: Emerald Princess Northern Trans Atlantic 09/09

Diamond Princess Aus/NZ 01/09

Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Celebrity Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Celebrity Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Celebrity Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

HAL Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Carnival Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

:confused: Our next cruise will be our first at the Platinum Captains Circle level. My question is this - is the free internet time per person or per stateroom? Since we are both Platinum seems like we should each have the benefit for a total of around 300 minutes free but then I could also see how Princess could say no - it is per stateroom. Any clarification would be appreciated.!

Great Question!!!!

Princess states -

Platinum Members Lounge

In recognition of your loyalty, and to make your last morning with us more enjoyable,we invite Platinum members to use the Platinum Members Lounge, offering light refreshments and peace while you await disembarkation.

Complimentary Internet Packages

Each Platinum Member will receive a credit towards the purchase of a package in our Internet Cafés or on a personal laptop! Our current internet packages onboard have now been expanded fleetwide to include wireless internet!

$75 for voyages of 7 days or less (equivalent to 150 minute package)

$100 for voyages of 8-20 days (equivalent to 250 minute package)

$200 for voyages of 21 or more days (equivalent to two 250 minute packages)

So, the answer is YES!!!! :)

Platinum member in each cabin will receive free internet.

Sharing of free minutes with those not eligible is one of the reasons given for Princess stopping unlimited free minutes that had been the Platinum/Elite benefit until last year.

Now only the full suite people can give away their unlimited sign on for internet use & not have to worry about it. :rolleyes:

Here is one very important thing to keep in mind when you're dealing with two elite/platinum members each getting minutes - When one account runs out of minutes, the system does NOT begin charging the other account associated with the same cabin. In addition, it will not automatically log you off when your minutes expire, but will rather begin charging you standard per minute rates. Furthermore, Princess WILL NOT allow you to assign the minutes used (and charged) from one account to the other.

I learned this the hard way. Lesson learned. It cost me $4.00. I'll live. I'm still torked about it, though.

Two points:

I believe the "free" internet time for platium members is only 75 minutes not 150 minutes each

Free internet in a suite does not include wireless

batting .500......

batting .500......

Ah yes ....I knew there was a 75 in there somewhere though!!!

Not paid by those who are platinum or elite or in full suites

This is good news!!! :D

it will not automatically log you off when your minutes expire, but will rather begin charging you standard per minute rates. Furthermore, Princess WILL NOT allow you to assign the minutes used (and charged) from one account to the other.
When you log off (and you are using your laptop) you have to type http://1.1.1.1 in the browser window. It then takes you to a screen that tells you how many minutes you have left and how many you used during the session. It is very important to log off to make sure it stops decrementing your account.

Archived