Divi Little Bay Beach Resort or Westin Hotel

pcrum

Little Bay was wavy? It is generally calm when I have visited. I find Dawn beach on the Atlantic side to be rougher.

Super wavy! I had not been there before - but there was a storm/bad weather the day before so that may have been the cause? In fact ship switched ports antigua/st martin - as captain said bad weather in st martin would preclude us from docking so we did antigua first - arriving in st martin on a gorgeous hot and sunny day (and local guests did confirm bad weather day before).

Was great fun jumping all the waves :)

Super wavy! I had not been there before - but there was a storm/bad weather the day before so that may have been the cause? In fact ship switched ports antigua/st martin - as captain said bad weather in st martin would preclude us from docking so we did antigua first - arriving in st martin on a gorgeous hot and sunny day (and local guests did confirm bad weather day before).

Glad to hear that they were able to switch your ports around. That must have been befor we arrived on the 8th. We had fantastic weather for the week in the daytime with the rain coming in the evening while we ate dinner or through the night. We were pretty surprised just how green the mountain sides were as St. Maarten had been experiencing drought like conditions we were told for nearly a year.

Sounds like a great day to choose wave jumping over paddle boarding at Little Bay.:)

Glad to hear that they were able to switch your ports around. That must have been befor we arrived on the 8th. We had fantastic weather for the week in the daytime with the rain coming in the evening while we ate dinner or through the night. We were pretty surprised just how green the mountain sides were as St. Maarten had been experiencing drought like conditions we were told for nearly a year.

Sounds like a great day to choose wave jumping over paddle boarding at Little Bay.:)

We were supposed to be in st martin on the 7th but ended up their on the 8th - and it was fabulous! Glad you had a good week there as well.:)

• 4 weeks later...
...and we visited Little Divi bay resort a couple of weeks ago - lovely and very enjoyable.

Short cab ride from port (I think it was $4 pp?)- out to the beach where we were greeted and assigned 4 loungers and 2 umbrellas for $30.

Clean and lovely washrooms (part of the resort) and a beachside patio/restaurant - where we had lunch and drinks - also a fresh water shower nearby to rinse off as required.

Would highly recommend this and would definitely return....

Did you check in at the front desk first? They allow you to use the washrooms at no cost? This sounds wonderful!

Did you check in at the front desk first? They allow you to use the washrooms at no cost? This sounds wonderful!

It is hoped that people rent loungers, purchase food and drinks and rent from the water sports booth. If they get taxis full if people just throwing their towels down on the sand I don't think that they will have such an open policy about the washrooms. All beaches are public but access to some is the tricky part.

Was there much seaweed on the beach when you were there?

Was there much seaweed on the beach when you were there?

We did not check in at front desk - just walked thru to the beach area on the side - were immediatly 'greeted' by a worker on the beach who led us to the lounger/umbrella area and got us set up.

As mentioned there were lovely clean washrooms just a short walk into the hotel and a beach bar/restaurant right behind us.

Did not notice any seaweed on the beach at all....

DSC08808_zpswzk4fgwz.jpg

DSC08807_zpsxmqgrvst.jpg

DSC08804_zpscam5zuom.jpg

I wanted to add to this thread that the Westin Dawn Beach resort was FABULOUS for a resort for the day. Friendly staff, clean and the room was amazing. Beach was perfect and it wasn't crowded at all. Pool was great too. We were there last week.

How was the seaweed problem I have been reading about

...and we visited Little Divi bay resort a couple of weeks ago - lovely and very enjoyable.

Short cab ride from port (I think it was $4 pp?)- out to the beach where we were greeted and assigned 4 loungers and 2 umbrellas for $30.

Clean and lovely washrooms (part of the resort) and a beachside patio/restaurant - where we had lunch and drinks - also a fresh water shower nearby to rinse off as required.

Would highly recommend this and would definitely return....

Do you recall what they had on the lunch menu and possible prices?

The fresh water shower...is it outside?

We did not check in at front desk - just walked thru to the beach area on the side - were immediatly 'greeted' by a worker on the beach who led us to the lounger/umbrella area and got us set up.

As mentioned there were lovely clean washrooms just a short walk into the hotel and a beach bar/restaurant right behind us.

Did not notice any seaweed on the beach at all....

DSC08808_zpswzk4fgwz.jpg

DSC08807_zpsxmqgrvst.jpg

When you rent the chairs/umbrella, are they already set up and they take you to them? Or do they pull them out and set them up for you? I was just wondering because I seriously hate being "lined up" side-by-side at the beach. In your second picture, I see a couple of chairs up toward the top and not in the "line-up". I was just wondering if they allow you to pick a place that you want your chairs to be put. :confused:

To respond to your questions - don't recall the menu - but they had lots of options - we had some mahi mahi fish and chips which were yummy and a guavaberry colada :)....prices were reasonable for a hotel restaurant bar - e.g. maybe 9.95 and up for burgers etc - they also had snack foods like nachos/wings etc. I think the guavaberry colada was about $7 or 8??

The shower was outside - you can see the bar/restaurant behind our chairs in the 1st pic - and just to the left of that was the outside shower - very accessible and bonus as I find usually freezing cold water comes out and this was not the case :)

As for the chairs - they were set up for us along with the umbrellas but I think you could ask to have them set up wherever you like (and could of course move them as people do to 'follow' the sun?) - we liked being near food/drinks and right behind us was the 'walkway' into the hotel and the washrooms... As you can see there was lots of space to spread out - at least on the day we were there :)

Edited by Froufie

To respond to your questions - don't recall the menu - but they had lots of options - we had some mahi mahi fish and chips which were yummy and a guavaberry colada :)....prices were reasonable for a hotel restaurant bar - e.g. maybe 9.95 and up for burgers etc - they also had snack foods like nachos/wings etc. I think the guavaberry colada was about $7 or 8??

The shower was outside - you can see the bar/restaurant behind our chairs in the 1st pic - and just to the left of that was the outside shower - very accessible and bonus as I find usually freezing cold water comes out and this was not the case :)

As for the chairs - they were set up for us along with the umbrellas but I think you could ask to have them set up wherever you like (and could of course move them as people do to 'follow' the sun?) - we liked being near food/drinks and right behind us was the 'walkway' into the hotel and the washrooms... As you can see there was lots of space to spread out - at least on the day we were there :)

Thank you so much for the information and visual. I really appreciate it. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know if Little Divi had water rentals (jet skis/ paddle boards, etc)?

While I know that they have watersports for rent there (http://www.diviresorts.com/divi-little-bay-activities.htm), I can't seem to find anything that shows the pricing. Am I looking in the wrong place? Anyone know the pricing of renting like jet skis there? :confused:

While I know that they have watersports for rent there (http://www.diviresorts.com/divi-little-bay-activities.htm), I can't seem to find anything that shows the pricing. Am I looking in the wrong place? Anyone know the pricing of renting like jet skis there? :confused:

Aqua mania runs the water sports. There main center is at the Simpson Bay resort. I read that wave runners are $55 for 30 minutes at Little Bay. Take a look at http://www.stmaarten-activities.com/

Just keep clicking "more activities" it will take a couple of minutes clicking through there offerings but it's there. :)

Edited by Karysa

Aqua mania runs the water sports. There main center is at the Simpson Bay resort. I read that wave runners are $55 for 30 minutes at Little Bay. Take a look at www.stmaarten-activities.com/

Just keep clicking "more activities" it will take a couple of minutes clicking through there offerings but it's there. :)

Thanks so much. Found it. :D