What time do you eat your dinner?

Tisha49

I read the Liberty has a 6:30 and 8:30 meals. We are a 6:30 family. But I also read there are a lot more kids at that meal...and sometimes it's just not fun to be doing stuff and have to rush back get ready, to make dinner.

We are thinking of maybe the 8:30, although I never eat that late. But maybe my schedule will be mixed up on a cruise since I'm not up in the morning for work. I don't know.

Has anybody chosen the 8:30, that never normally eats that late. Or should I just stick with my usual way of dining? What do you do?

I read the Liberty has a 6:30 and 8:30 meals. We are a 6:30 family. But I also read there are a lot more kids at that meal...and sometimes it's just not fun to be doing stuff and have to rush back get ready, to make dinner.

We are thinking of maybe the 8:30, although I never eat that late. But maybe my schedule will be mixed up on a cruise since I'm not up in the morning for work. I don't know.

Has anybody chosen the 8:30, that never normally eats that late. Or should I just stick with my usual way of dining? What do you do?

It really is up to you and your family dining habits..... Personally Iprefer the late seating simply so not to be rushed to dinner after coming back from a port of call, or to take a leisurely nap before dining....and of course you can always order room service to hold you over till then ! ;)

I did late once on my Disney cruise. It wasn't so bad because I would eat a little something as a late afternoon snack.

however, since then I have always done early and like it more. I haven't noticed having to rush back too much. It can be a little of a rush but not bad. Usually you have to be on the ship by like 5 anways.

as for more kids I have never really noticed.

and at the 8:30 one it seems like they miss more of the night stuff. They are in dinner until like 10 PM.

Why don't you do MTD...My Time Dinning...it is anytime you feel like it between the hours of 6:00 and I believe 9:30...you go up to the podium and tell them you would like to eat now and they seat you in a special section at your own table....after the first night you will generally have the same wait staff no matter what time you arrive at the MDR after that.

Just keep in mind if you do choose the 8:30 seating that you will not actually be putting any food into your mouth until close to 9 pm and will not be eating your dessert until 10 pm or later.

Something else to consider....many times the show for the 8:30 seating is before dinner, so if you want to see it, you will need to be ready by 7pm or so to see the show and then go directly to dinner.

Good luck with your decision and have a great cruise!

I'm not a fan of the 8:30 meal time but I always choose it on a cruise. Most of the time you are rolling in from port late, need a nap, ate a late lunch or snacked your way through an island or something and aren't starving your face off by that time anyway.

Dang, I miss cruise food.......:p

On the Liberty we eat around 7. We selected the anytime dining option and it was great. The service was lacking on several of the nights but the food was just as good as the dinning room and we chose when we ate.

We've done early/main sitting on our prior cruises, but on LOS this May we're trying MTD. Early is sometimes too early - and with MTD we can eat we feel like it. We did make two reservations for this next cruise, though - one night at Chops and one at Portofino's. We can't wait to try them!

I prefer late dinner in general. i get back on the ship within the 30 minutes of sailing. i have time for the psa or hot tub or a nap. works for me. since RCI now offers my time eating you can go aorund 730 and still relax before dinner.

If you decide to go with the traditional dining and are planning on going to the shows, then go ahead and book the Main (early) seating...If you do late seating, you will still have to be ready fairly early, as the shows for late seating are BEFORE dinner! You'll have plenty of time to get ready.

It's always best to try and eat at your normal mealtimes...your tummy will thank you!

At home we eat our dinner about 6:00. On a cruise our schedule is completely different than a weekday at home. We prefer late seating. After a busy day we love the luxury of a nap before getting ready for dinner. We always make the show and still have plenty of energy for staying up late to dance etc.

On the Liberty we eat around 7. We selected the anytime dining option and it was great. The service was lacking on several of the nights but the food was just as good as the dinning room and we chose when we ate.

When you did MTD did you go to any of the nightly shows? If you eat at 7 would you still make the night show (9:00?)?

Count me among the MyTime Dining fans. I booked it, with some hesitation, on my recent Freedom cruise and I'm a convert. The early time always seemed too early, particularly on port days. The late time was often too late. We fit dinner around our desired daily activities and ate at various times - but usually around 7-ish. Right in-between too early and too late! PERFECT!

As hubby swings from days to nights for work we eat at two times....4:30, or 7. We choose the late dining as there are fewer smaller kids, and there is no rush. We see the shows in our dinner wear, and then head back out after dinner. We love quest and love and marriage or just hanging out on deck 4 chatting.

We are early dinner eaters, but choose late seating on a cruise so we don't feel rushed. It works well for us. There is plenty to eat if we get hungry before dinner.

I also go to bed early at home, but stay up much later on a ship.

We are going to try MTD in February 2010.

Thanks. I've not read of MTD yet. Is this something we have to choose upfront for all nights? Do you usually get seated right away?

We want to go to shows, so I better see what time they are . I really don't want to be rushed to eat early dinner, but then again don't like eating at 9-10. This may be the perfect solution.

Has anyone cruised on Rhapsody Of The Seas?

From what i've gathered, early dinner is 6.30pm and late at 8.30pm (please correct me if im wrong!)

Is my time dining offered on this cruise ship?

Would anyone know what time the early and late shows start and how long they go for?

Thank you for your help!

We always booked the early seating, but then felt rushed to get ready and be there by 6:30 so on one cruise we changed to 8:30 and then we were starving. One night we ended up eating in the cafeteria because we could not wait until 8:30 so we're back to the early seating again. :D

We also do early seating. It is convinient and the dinner is easyly followed by the show.

Hello,

We also eat our dinner early. We have cruised to many of the places in the Caribbean several times now. We also get back to the ship early so we have plenty of time to get ready for dinner. We never feel rushed so for us it works out great.

Happy Travels. Enjoy your cruise.

Joyce & Of Course Harvey

Archived