No Ironing Allowed

MickeyG

Just received our travel docs. In reading them I noticed that irons are not permitted in cabins due to fire hazzards. I never really thought about this but it makes perfect sense. With no ironing allowed, just wondering what people do to keep clothes from getting wrinkled? My wife is a good packer and usually irons everything before she packs it. But there is always a shirt or two that can use a touch up. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Mick:)

on Princess there are irons in the laundry rooms, so if you really need to...

Downy wrinkle release or a steamy shower plus the bags seem to work for all but the worst wrinkles.

Happy cruising!

Kristin

Does anyone know if irons are allowed on NCL's Majesty?
Irons are generally frowned upon on all ships due to fire hazards.

There are other discussions of irons on this board, use the search function and you'll be overwhelmed with info!

Just received our travel docs. In reading them I noticed that irons are not permitted in cabins due to fire hazzards. I never really thought about this but it makes perfect sense. With no ironing allowed, just wondering what people do to keep clothes from getting wrinkled?

Unfortunately, a lot of people still bring their irons along with them, and justify it with the "I'm very careful" reply.

Apparently I am the only "slob" in the group. I presume everyone on board is aware that my clothing has been folded/rolled/crammed into a suitcase and is therefore prone to wrinkles. Doesn't bother me if YOUR clothes have wrinkles either! ;)

Marsha

I do not iron anything before I go because I can't seem to pack so things look decent when I arrive. As soon as my luggage arrives I send everything to the ship's laundry to be pressed. Everything comes back the next day looking great.

Marsha - I am so glad to see that I am not the only "slob" out there. I don't iron so I don't buy clothes that need to be ironed. I pack very carefully in the extra large ziplock bags and everything comes out just fine! The last thing I want to do on vacation is worry about laundry!

I do not iron anything before I go because I can't seem to pack so things look decent when I arrive. As soon as my luggage arrives I send everything to the ship's laundry to be pressed. Everything comes back the next day looking great.

I too take advantage of the laundrys pressing service when needed

Archived