Adventure to deploy to South America in 2010

Loyal2RCCL

Even if the Splendour and Vision would not sell well moving a Voyager Class ship down south makes more than sense: south American mentality and Royal Promenade is a match made in heaven.

Since the cruise line is in the business of making a profit, it would seem that more hard facts and numbers should play a larger role in such a decision than some thought that what you refer to as "south American mentality and Royal Promenade" is a match made in heaven.:rolleyes: Perhaps you would like to enlighten the rest of us as to just what the "south American mentality" is.:confused:

Since the cruise line is in the business of making a profit, it would seem that more hard facts and numbers should play a larger role in such a decision than some thought that what you refer to as "south American mentality and Royal Promenade" is a match made in heaven.:rolleyes: Perhaps you would like to enlighten the rest of us as to just what the "south American mentality" is.:confused:

I don't have to enlighten anybody. Period!

Its the Splendour and Vision.

Thanks! I wasn't able to pull up RCCL at that moment but yes I do recall seeing those names in SA.

If both were replaced by one, perhaps they can sail full at less expense thus more profit to RCCL...that of course is why RCCL is in business.

Ultimately for all of us who own shares/ otherwise love RCCL we do really have to want full ships as much as possible. In the long run that is what keeps RCCL in the cruise business and able to provide the level of service we want.

J&G based on Adam's comments to me at our M&M on Mariner 19th one night cruise, there are no plans to do anything other than part time VOTS in Galveston at the moment. Of course if hard plans were in place he may not want to leak the info yet...maybe they are making final arrangements that and can't go public just yet...I hold out hope that they will see Galveston as a good option.

I've heard that Navigator was coming to LA. I've heard that Adventure is coming to LA. An RCI rep told me in November (while on Vision) that Enchantment is coming to LA. I'll believe all the new deployment rumors when they're open for booking.:)

Even then, Jean...............

I had booked the Radiance for March-April 2010.

So bookings were open.

But Radiance has been yanked from the San Diego sailings in 2010.

Things happen, things change.............Plus ça change, plus c'est la meme chose.

But FL Cruiser and Loyal2RCCL can be superior to the rest of us as much as they like.

Go for it, guys!

Even then, Jean...............

I had booked the Radiance for March-April 2010.

So bookings were open.

But Radiance has been yanked from the San Diego sailings in 2010.

Things happen, things change.............Plus ça change, plus c'est la meme chose.

But FL Cruiser and Loyal2RCCL can be superior to the rest of us as much as they like.

Go for it, guys!

At least Radiance will still be in San Diego, just doing longer cruises. We booked a Jewel coastal but the Royal Canadian Mounted Police messed that one up for us when they backed out of their charter. I think a little bit less of Dudley Doright these days...

Its all speculation, yet speculation and rumors are fun. I wish this happens if this is somewhat true.

1. The AOS goes to S. America

2. The EOS moves from NJ to SJ to replace the AOS

3. The LOS replaces EOS in NJ

This would make me extremely happy :D

I vote for this situation! IDEAL for me!! I'm hoping against hope another Voyager class goes to San Juan. Not sure they could fill a Freedom class out of SJ, but Serenade isn't going to be enough by herself. Also, I'd like the choice of two different class ships out of San Juan.

I vote for this situation! IDEAL for me!! I'm hoping against hope another Voyager class goes to San Juan. Not sure they could fill a Freedom class out of SJ, but Serenade isn't going to be enough by herself. Also, I'd like the choice of two different class ships out of San Juan.

Or Serenade will leave SJ and Liberty taking over.

I have to say that I share the same enthusiasm as Caribbeanboy - I love the LOS and have been toying with taking a cruise from SJ. If LOS takes over the AOS itineraries, I am SOLD. I rather like this 'rumor' . . .

J&G based on Adam's comments to me at our M&M on Mariner 19th one night cruise, there are no plans to do anything other than part time VOTS in Galveston at the moment. Of course if hard plans were in place he may not want to leak the info yet...maybe they are making final arrangements that and can't go public just yet...I hold out hope that they will see Galveston as a good option.

Yes, that's what we heard onboard Voyager last month....:(

I SO want a year-round RCI ship in Galveston! C'mon, RCI....we can fill the ship.....pleeeeeeeease!!!!!!!!! (I know...I know! Whining will not help! Maybe the stronger-than-the-rest-of-the-country Texas economy will help convince RCI.....)

Thanks! I remember when I posted about the Enchantment being stretched-- I posted 2 yrs before RCCL announced the plan and was flamed like crazy... Only time will tell if this happens to materialize, but considering they saw the S. America itins at the Capt. meeting, my guess is this is a done deal.

I have a feeling this is probably why they decided to not send Radiance back to S. America in the fall and put her in SoCal instead.

As for the popularity of the S. Am. cruises, the Splendour was selling quite well and Radiance wasn't doing too bad either, so it would make sense to consolidate those 2 ships into the Adventure. RCCL is doing HEAVY marketing in SoAm and bookings are on the rise with the local market.

Well I had BOOKED Radiance South America Dec '09 and the cruise was later CANCELLED due to low bookings and competition from Infinity. So I am stumped why they would move a LARGER ship down there unless Infinity is going elsewhere?????

Or Serenade will leave SJ and Liberty taking over.

I'd prefer it if they'd leave two ships in San Juan as it doubles the choice of itineraries. Right now, AOS and SOS both have alternating itineraries, giving passengers a choice of FOUR sets of ports. I hope this choice remains.

And while the Freedom class is great, particularly if you're traveling with kids, I personally prefer the Voyager class and would really prefer to hold onto that option.

I'd prefer it if they'd leave two ships in San Juan as it doubles the choice of itineraries. Right now, AOS and SOS both have alternating itineraries, giving passengers a choice of FOUR sets of ports. I hope this choice remains.

And while the Freedom class is great, particularly if you're traveling with kids, I personally prefer the Voyager class and would really prefer to hold onto that option.

She can also do alternating itineraries to the Southern Caribbean!

Oliver

I have zero inside information. How do we just normal human beings without insight into the secrets of RCI come to this forum and ascertain which rumors are just figments of over active imaginations or malicious intent and those that are solid and true? I think at least 80% of the rumors over the decade that I have been a member were false.

I believe that you actually communicate with people who are in a position that they might know things that are coming in the future. That said, I don't quite get why you feel the need to defend all rumors or take it so very very personal when people don't believe a rumor?:confused:

Do you have knowledge of the the future of the Adventure of the Seas doing a circuit of South America? Or are you just getting upset because someone dared to question a rumor?

I don't, as I said, have any secret knowledge. I am cursed to go through life with only the tools of skepticism, logic, and common sense. They don't stand a chance against known facts. ;)

jc

Archived