Do you get up early to....

Hell no!! I did manage to catch one sunrise a couple of years ago on the trek back to my cabin during the early early morning hours. That was because I hadn't gone to bed yet. The sun was rising over the Atlantis in Nassau. It was nice but not enough to warrant getting up extra early to see. Guess i'm not a sunrise kind of guy!!:eek:

These pictures are beautiful. Keep posting them. Makes me think that I will have to get up early everyday to watch the sunrise. Going to try and catch it in Belize also from what I am reading on these boards, its pretty wonderful.

These pictures are beautiful. Keep posting them. Makes me think that I will have to get up early everyday to watch the sunrise. Going to try and catch it in Belize also from what I am reading on these boards, its pretty wonderful.

Roatan is pretty too as it is the only port on that iten. that has hills like in those pictures of St. Kitts/Nevis...

What great pictures in the thread! I love getting up early too - it is sooooo peaceful and beautiful. However, it would not be so if I tried to wake up my 14 yo to join me - she doesn't like to spend a lot of time with me anyway, much less at 6am:eek:. She'll have to enjoy the sunsets.

What a great thread. We set out on our first cruise in a weeks time and this has added yet another activity I want to experience during the cruise.

Some brilliant pictures, well done to everyone.

Regards.

John

Never have before, but tried on this last cruise twice to get up early to see the sun rise and it was cloudy both days! But it was nice and peacefull sitting up top with a cup of coffee with very little activity going on around us, besides those crazy people who were jogging!

I'm up by 5:30 every morning it's the best part of the day. I like to go up to the top deck put my running shoes on a go for a nice long run. For all you runners or walkers it doesn't get any better then that. The sea air, the cool breezes and the sunrises.:o

on the days we dont stay out till 4am, we usually get up the next day and watch the sunrise. they are usually so georgous.

we do early dinner seating and hardly ever get to see the sunset except from the windows from the dining room. may need to do a late dinner seating one time to enjoy all the sunsets.

Does anyone get up extra early to watch the sunrise? We sail on the Valor in April and I am making my family get up early the first sea day to watch the sunrise. We are always watching the sunset but thought it would be nice to have a quiet moment on deck and watch the sunrise from a deck chair (that we will occupy for the whole day)

Is it worth it?

Well . . . sunrise and sunset do look pretty much the same ya know and I AM kinda lazy. On the other hand, I will admit sunrise has a superior ambiance about it (empty decks, etc.) Seriously, we sail out of NYC a lot and it is special to be on deck as we come into New York harbor the last morning of the cruise. That also carries the benefit of not making you too tired to enjoy that day's evening activities since I won't be on board much longer. Personally, I wouldn't get up just to see the sunrise over the ocean because we live on the water anyway and I'd be falling asleep in the show that evening.

alot of time s i ve gotten up early to get a cup of coffee and OJ..only to return directly to the cabin without even noticing the sunrise..

glad to see those pictures of sunrises..but, i don t think id deliberately

get up to just watch the sunrise..but, i will look for those sunrise s in

the future..

Archived