Echo, Echo, Echo?

I'm familiar with the Alpha, Bravo, and Oscar calls, but on the Liberty last week I heard Echo, Echo, Echo. Does anyone know what it means?

I have never heard that one. I also turned up NOTHING by googling it! It may be unique to Royal Caribbean.

We did have an echo call on the liberty this past week but also yesterday morning while in the sphinx lounge awaiting departure call we had the bravo call for the carpenters work room. then we had guys come through with their fire equipment on. I was ready to get off then! Never did hear what the echo echo echo call was tho

Alpha is medical, Brava is fire and Oscar is man overboard........we've experienced them all except Brava. Hearing Oscar at 5 a.m. in the morning was pretty scary.

I know they have some codes just for the crew....don't know what they are but I remember the captain saying they would be announcing some code and it was just a drill for the staff.

Echo means they are altering their course to starboard. Check out this website...

http://www.gslyc.org/Utilities/code_flags.html

Are you real?

The code words that are being used here are ones used by the company when the situation arises, they are used so as to not raise panic onboard with the passengers.

Use of the International Code of Signals (Interco) are wide know and there are likely to be some passengers onboard that are knowledgable on them therefore they are not likely to be used.

In my work we also have 'keywords/code words' that can be used over the Marine band frequencies so as to not let eavesdroppers aware.

According to your posting

Alpha - Which normally is used when dealing with dangerous cargos handling (Explosives or fuels etc) yet it appears to be for another event

Bravo - I have divers down? Nope dont think that any cruise boat would have divers down at sea

As passengers, we are unlikely to be fully aware of these meanings of these codewords as there would then be no point in having them, maybe through time we might be able to put two and two together but until them we are all in the dark.

MCY !!

Archived