What Not to Wear- Stacy London

Yes, we just need to know what kind of clothes.:D

Hi all,

I'm wondering if this will be appropriate for formal night? Is the bell too much or should I go with the traditional bow tie....hand tied of course.

beautiful-black-and-white-cat.jpg

Usually whatever they can get on them! I have a picture of Yankee in a baby swimsuit but can't find it among my thousands of digital photos. (Note to self: Got to get photos organized!)

Re the bell--definitely a casual night look--go with the bow tie for formal night. What a beautiful cat!

Ohhhh. I stand corrected! :D

Now... how about some fashion advice for THIS poor guy:

hoovieembarrassed1.jpg

:eek:

What a great picture!!!!! I love it.

iheartdba- what a beautiful cat! I love his white socks, or spats. haha.

I've been visiting the forums from my cell phone but couldn't wait to come home to actually see these pictures larger! What beautiful pets.

Here's my update on Bella. She also has spats; she's all black & then there's the spats haha. Her & Duke are getting along so far; he's been following her around the house a lot. Part of the reason we wanted another dog was for Duke to have a companion. Don't get me wrong, he gets a TON of attention from me, probably too much. But I think another dog would be good for him, especially when I go back to work.

Now I wonder if I can dress up Bella in outfits. Duke tries to eat anything I put on him, so no clothes for him.

To get this thread back on track. My favorite part of the show is when Carmindy does her magic. I have yet to see anyone who didn't look 100% better and most times it was minimal makeup. So many felt that makeup was too much time or too much of a hassle to bother. She always proves them wrong.:) Some don't even look like the same person.

Now Nick....I'm wishy washy on his hairstyles. Yes, most of the time the ladies definitly look better, I just don't care for how he has styled it. And thank the lord he finally tidied up his OWN hair. When he was in that "grease pot looking hair " phase, I would wonder what he would do with my hair.

Who WERE those people anyway, who went off the "deep end" here?:D:p;)

The tux cat is not mine.;) DS has 2 but I couldn't find the pix. However, growing up we had a cat and his name was Spats.

Love the puggles! We've got one outside dog, two cats. Yankee, otherwise known as the Cheeto Bandito is a tiny Himalayan who looks gigantic because of all his fur and who can hear a cheeto being crunched three rooms away. Tyson is a gray tiger, otherwise known as the Vulture because he spends most of his time perched on the top of chairs waiting for someone to sit down so he can drape himself all over them, preferably with his head snuggled into one ear. Possibly the cuddliest cat on earth.

Yankee, on the other hand, will deign to sit on my lap if I strictly don't pet him. He also never meows, just grunts.

Oh boy, way off topic, except that Stacy has cats too!

LOL! My cat, Andy is part Himalayan-I have no idea if he loves cheetos, but he loves popcorn and potato chips. We thought he was the only one that went for fats and carbs-LOL! Maybe it is something to do with Himalayans? We do try and be careful though and not allow him too much. He weighs 12 pounds, so he is not overweight. KC, our female cat, just a plain alley cat, although she looks as though she is wearing a tux, so she is very attractive too, - now, she is the overweight one, 15 pounds, and she eats nothing but catfood, she will NOT eat table scraps EVER!

Who WERE those people anyway, who went off the "deep end" here?:D:p;)

(Raises hand) ME! ME! I DID! :D

My favorite part of the show is when the person is shopping and the light goes on -- I loved the one with "sexy Christina" when she tries on the dress from "the rules," completely changes her opinions, and starts buying gorgeous things that make her look amazing. :)

(Raises hand) ME! ME! I DID! :D

:D:D

My favorite part of the show is when the person is shopping and the light goes on -- I loved the one with "sexy Christina" when she tries on the dress from "the rules," completely changes her opinions, and starts buying gorgeous things that make her look amazing. :)

Yes, I too like when they "get" it. Sometimes it takes quite awhile but they all do in the end. However, there WAS one who not only resisted, but did it in such a snotty way, that at that point, I would have said, forget it...go home. In the end, she sort of came around.

I think I remember reading somewhere that either they have sent someone packing OR the person chose to leave. I can't imagine anyone passing up such an opportunity but, everyone is different.;)

I'll bet there are umpteen woman who wish someone would report them.:p

love that woman! would love to have her do my makeup! hide all the age spots etc, ha, ha!

Nick: hmm, least favourite part of the show for me. I find him 'sleazy' esp. when he says "give me a hug" I have noticed he chooses who he asks too.

not always fond of his haircuts that he does; usually a big improvement but there have been questionable cuts too.

still, we all can learn something from this show. Wish we got the 2 English ladies named Susannah and C (?) but I know they have books available at the bookstore and library. Again, great hints.

love that woman! would love to have her do my makeup! hide all the age spots etc, ha, ha!

Nick: hmm, least favourite part of the show for me. I find him 'sleazy' esp. when he says "give me a hug" I have noticed he chooses who he asks too.

not always fond of his haircuts that he does; usually a big improvement but there have been questionable cuts too.

still, we all can learn something from this show. Wish we got the 2 English ladies named Susannah and C (?) but I know they have books available at the bookstore and library. Again, great hints.

Trinny and Susannah are very different, but more fun, I think. They aren't nearly as nice as Stacy and Clinton! The original "What Not To Wear" book is very good, but doesn't go into great depth. It does, however,do a really good job of telling you what shapes of clothing look good on a wide variety of body types.

Trinny and Susannah -- I borrowed one of their books from a friend; I remember thinking it has some great practical information in it, such as clever tricks to make yourself look better in photos (who doesn't need that??) and how to pick accessories to suit you (scarves, necklaces, earrings). Things that Stacey and Clinton don't seem to get around to on their show. At the end of WNTW, the newly styled woman just seems to have all these great accessories but no mention of how she got them or if she picked those out as well...

I like Nick! Hasn't anyone besides me ever had a brilliant hair stylist whose own hair always looked like crap? ;) I think he's very good with color, and almost all of his cuts have been an improvement. The few that weren't generally were on women that had either very damaged or very difficult hair, IMO.

I love this show! I do have to admit there have been times when I see before clothing - that looks like something I have go - into the trash!

My favorite part of the show is Nick, he's got amazing talent. Not just with color and cut, but convincing some of these women to get rid of the stringy, dry, lifeless hair they have been hanging onto for who knows how long. The whole remake could just be hair! I don't understand the fear of cutting hair that isn't doing anything for a person, male or female. Hair is your crowning glory and should be a persons biggest concern! (I was a hairstylist for 15 years so my opinion can differ from other peoples ;))

Carmindy is awesome as well. I'd love for her to do a more mature womans makeup, I have tried a few of her methods and most of the time find they work well.

The one common thread in the show is that any woman (or man) can look better with a little effort and armed with knowledge from professionals.

I read thru your thread and have to ask... how did they do the episode on the ship? (sorry I've haven't seen this one). Just curious since most people don't bring there whole closet on vacation. Where did they go shopping?

Your pets are adorable. I am lucky enough to own two very spoiled silver point persian males. One of these days we'll add a pooch. I think we should have a why we want our pets to cruise with us thread. I have brought pictures of my cats so I don't miss them so much on vacation.

Thank for this very entertaining thread.

I read thru your thread and have to ask... how did they do the episode on the ship? (sorry I've haven't seen this one). Just curious since most people don't bring there whole closet on vacation. Where did they go shopping?

Your pets are adorable. I am lucky enough to own two very spoiled silver point persian males. One of these days we'll add a pooch. I think we should have a why we want our pets to cruise with us thread. I have brought pictures of my cats so I don't miss them so much on vacation.

Thank for this very entertaining thread.

Awww, we used to have a silver point Persian when I was a teen. It was the sweetest cat we EVER had. (And we had many over the years...) Just a big furball lapwarmer.

As I recall, they didn't look at her whole wardrobe -- they looked at what she had brought with her (someone help me out here -- didn't her friends bring some stuff with them? I forget...)

I was wondering where they would shop, but they went to some lovely shops in Nassau. (Dang, I wish I'd known which stores they were when I was in Nassau, but I am sure my bank account is relieved I didn't. :D ) The lady found some really unusual things that looked AWESOME on her. :)

Her friends arranged for her wardrobe to come with her.

And the ports of call were Port Canavaral and Nassau. The first day of shopping was in Port Canaveral - 45 minutes away from the shopping malls in Orlando. And then they shopped with her in Nassau.

Momofmeg, my Himalayan seems mostly to like things that are cheesy; will eat cheese potato chips, but not popcorn, for instance. He only weighs 7 lbs. at twelve years, but looks like he weighs 20, he's so furry.

I saw the British (0riginal) version of WNTW years ago and really liked it; wish we could get it here.

I love what Carmindy does for the women. It would be so great to have a make-up lesson with her, with recommendations for the right products for my face and age. I have a boat load of cosmetics that I buy, hoping they'll look good, only to hate them once I get them home. I do not seem to be able to pick out the right colors.

As to Nick, sometimes his styles are great improvements, sometimes better, but not great, a few I've actually hated. As you say, Ks, I realize that often he has to work with severely damaged hair or with a cut so terrible about the only thing he can do is cut it off.

Sometimes, for me, he gets a little drastic in the amount of hair cut off, or changes someone's hair too drastically. But, like many of the people on the show, I would have a lot of trouble giving up control over my hairstyle to someone else.

It's interesting to hear that there may have been people who did not complete the makeover--either quit or got 'kicked out'. I've wondered about that. It seems as if at some point they'd come up against someone who either can't or won't cooperate and accept control over their wardrobes.

I think Nick does a great job with what he has left with the hair. Just like the clothes, many of the women are hiding behind long hair or have just let their hair go like the rest of the wardrobe.

As to the long hair, so many of the women think having long hair means not ever having it trimmed. They don't realize that even with long hair you still need to do maintenance and have it at least trimmed occasionally. So by the time Nick gets ahold of them, that's months or years worth of dead or damaged hair, especially since many of them don't seem to mind coloring it, using hair dryers and curling irons, or doing other stuff to it which can damage it. Also, so many of the women seem to think long hair = feminine, which is not necessarily the case. Healthy hair is feminine - whatever the length - if the cut suits her face.

Her friends arranged for her wardrobe to come with her.

And the ports of call were Port Canavaral and Nassau. The first day of shopping was in Port Canaveral - 45 minutes away from the shopping malls in Orlando. And then they shopped with her in Nassau.

Yep that's correct. They surprised the woman in the "atrium" of the Gem on the first night. So some people knew they were filming the show from the beginning of the cruise, but I actually didn't find out until they put the info in the Freestyle Dailies that tickets were available on a first come basis for the final reveal. So I waited in line for what seemed like forever to go watch and it was pretty interesting, although very slow. For the final reveal of the three outfits, the filming took place on stage in the theater. It took sooooo long to film what is probably less than 5 minutes on TV. Stacy wore flats most of the time & then changed into her usual heels when they began filming.

I saw Carmindy once during the trip at the sushi bar with Stacy; Carmindy wasn't eating there, she just stopped by. I actually went up to Stacy at the sushi bar because I was eating dinner about 1 table away. Both Stacy and Carmindy are way more beautiful in person than on TV, in my opinon.

Archived