Welcome back gift in your cabin !!!!!!

[quote name='mikeblum']Anyone just off a ship in the rccl fleet that can share with us what returning diamond memebers are getting from our favorite cruise line...[/quote]

Not a diamond, only platinum. I got nothing, but my brother-in-law, who just became gold (2nd cruise with RCCL), got a hat. Come to think of it, I have never gotten a returning gift from RCCL, but I do carry those flimsy blue totes that I think everyone gets on Celebrity with me --easy to pack, and makes a nice beach bag. Glad I had it on my last trip with RCCL, because I didn't even have a plastic RCCL laundry bag to use for the beach. Back when they gave pts for activity -- don't think they do that anymore -- I did cash my points in for something.

We got hats too. 2 girls in the room, 2 weeks in a row and now we have 4 hats. Then, a very nice person, who thought only diamonds got gifts, gave us their hats! So now we have 6 hats. But since the cut backs and money saving is going on, I figure we are lucky we got anything at all. I never complain about someone giving me a gift. I will find uses for all 6 hats! And thank you RCCL.:D

maybe the folks at rccl should think about nheading back to the give away drawing board just for something different...maybe can huggers with the name ofm the ship on one side and rccl on the other...pen and pencil set...small alarm clock...scarf for the ladies...tie for the men...just some simple things...

I too have received the caps, tote bags and picture frames...all of which I have graciously received and appreciated since it is truly a goodwill gesture.

I think the previous poster who suggested perhaps a nice straw hat or silk scarf is on the right track on how RCCL can switch up the appreciation gifts.

A couple more suggestions that come to mind might be a dark Blue men's tie with a crown and anchor logo.... terry cloth slippers (like the ones you get at a spa which aren't too well made), a cloth 5 x 7 journal for those of us who like keeping track of the daily events of our cruise, thermal mug/glass and playing cards. Cheapy gloves or scarf for the Alaska cruises..Crazy logo glasses for the sunnier destinations....

Does anyone else have any suggestions.....maybe someone reading has some pull.
If not, then thanks anyway for all the goodies. They make great souvenirs for the people back home.

On our last cruise on the Monarch in Dec. I mentioned to our steward that we didn't need any more hats and he found us 2 different gifts. One was a calculator and the other one I can't remember. I remember when RCI gave different gifts during our first few cruises in the early 2000's, now for the last 2 years it's mainly been the hats. At least when it was the bags for 2 years they had the ship logo and I used them as gift bags at Christmas or my lunch bag, or a bag for the kids stuff. Much more usable than the hats.

Nothing beats the monogrammed Serenade OTS toiletry bag I got several years ago. It is now a tradition to take it on every cruise. Actually, I think the gifts have taken a step backward ever since.

Fabric grocery bags might be nice. They are cheap and useful. ( the RCCL totes I have are too small for groceries)

Never thought to ask the steward for a different gift. We cruise 4-6 times per year and have enough hats, frames and assorted totes to open a small store. We often give the gift to folks we’ve met on board. We sailed with 5 other couples (all new to RCCL) a few years ago and gave each person some RCCL logo item prior to the cruise.

Recently we’ve given the hats back to the steward but, like I said, never asked for a replacement item.

RCCL is generous to give a gift to ALL repeat passengers, but perhaps they can change them up every 12 months.

M

The alarm clock idea is WONDERFUL. Also like the toiletry bag. I know that's a bit more feminine but the hats are more masculine. Regardless, it's the thought that counts and is appreciated.

[quote name='Desertbelle']I think 4 chocolate covered strawberries and a few cookies with a nice note that says "Welcome Back" signed by the Captain would be a very pleasant gift that would be hard pressed to offend anyone.[/QUOTE]

I'm allergic to chocolate :p

###

[quote name='crusinmama06']HATS! And not only did we get 2 baseball caps BUT the kids got Adventure Ocean sun visor type hats. So 4 hats in our cabin (Feb09) Someone at headquarters likes hats, that's for sure.

But don't wear them in the dining room. :p:p:p:p

Ya know, I have an idea. What about PASSPORT COVERS with the RCCL logo on them? Wouldn't that be a great marketing tool? :D[/quote]

Great idea!

[quote name='crusinmama06'].....
Ya know, I have an idea. What about PASSPORT COVERS with the RCCL logo on them? Wouldn't that be a great marketing tool? :D[/quote]

I like the idea of passport covers, but what do you do with more than one of those per person? They would be even harder to get rid of then the hats!!

And what about the folks who refuse to get a passport? Opps....did I strike a CC forum hot spot....sorry!!:eek:

[quote name='Reijo']The alarm clock idea is WONDERFUL. Also like the toiletry bag. I know that's a bit more feminine but the hats are more masculine. Regardless, it's the thought that counts and is appreciated.[/quote]

Toiletry bag was my favorite....................

[quote name='Mocorobabe']Twice a year our church has a yard sale. We take all the hats we receive there and sell them for $1.00 each. Have been surpeised at how quickly they go. Remember those beige tote bags they gave for the longest time? They also were a big seller as were the blue totes they gave.

I agree that they don't have to give us anything, but hope they continue as we always find constructive ways to get rid of that which we don't want.[/quote]

At least the totes are useful. You can never have enough of those on a cruise. The one size fits all hats are not useful and do not fit everyone either.

I've got so many RCL Logo passport covers and totes I might open a shop myself. I use the D+ luggage tags so don't need those and wouldn't wear a baseball cap. I think another tote would always work because i use them for groceries.

Maybe they should give out a coupon or token and let passengers go to the gift shop to pick and item of their choice (baseball hat, fanny pack, playing cards, picture frame, toiletry bag, refrigerator magnet, luggage tags, etc.). I did get a small hanging type jewelry carrier a couple years ago. I can't believe they are still giving out baseball hats. Time for something new.

Archived