Welcome back gift in your cabin !!!!!!

we received hats on the explorer last year and i got one this past january on the majesty....hoping for something different on the mariner next month....thinking that if we get them again, will take them on shore with us and find some kids to give them to...that should put a smile on a kids face!!!

Hats back in November. Threw them in the closet when I got home. If this is what they are giving away next month, it stays on the ship.

These caps don't really fit real well I have 3 already and if that's what we get I will given them away to family when I get home. LOL you guys can always mail the hats to me a bald man can never have enough hats

I was really hoping that C&A had changed the gift. I never use those hats. I wonder if C&A cares that no one seems to like them at all...:rolleyes: At least I use the beach bags. And the toiletries bag. I heard they gave away alarm clocks once...

Well, darn! We cannot even wear the hats: our heads are too big. Seriously, DH and I both have x-large heads, and we had two bigheaded kids, too! We all have to get the largest size.

Those RCCL hats look ridiculous on both of us. We leave them in the public bathrooms for someone to pick up. I leave any of the other gifts there, too.

Someone else mentioned giving a hat away but I will elaborate on that. We have about 6 of them too. My husband was wearing one in port in the Caribbean. As we were walking back to the ship a local toothless man approached us, pointed to his hat, then pointed to himself. So he took off the hat and gave it to the guy and the guy acted like it was Christmas. He was so excited.

After that, we took a hat in at each port and gave it to someone who was especially nice to us. It was fun, and each recipient LOVED it!!!

Hats back in November. Threw them in the closet when I got home. If this is what they are giving away next month, it stays on the ship.

No, no, no G, take those hats with you so their inventory is depleted and they are forced to offer a different gift ;):p

We still use the toiletry bags from 1997, great gift :D

###

HATS! And not only did we get 2 baseball caps BUT the kids got Adventure Ocean sun visor type hats. So 4 hats in our cabin (Feb09) Someone at headquarters likes hats, that's for sure.

But don't wear them in the dining room. :p:p:p:p

Ya know, I have an idea. What about PASSPORT COVERS with the RCCL logo on them? Wouldn't that be a great marketing tool? :D

No, no, no G, take those hats with you so their inventory is depleted and they are forced to offer a different gift ;):p

We still use the toiletry bags from 1997, great gift :D

###

Never thought about it that way. I will give it to the taxi driver on the way to the airport.:):D

Hats for us too. I think RCL likes hats. Our son, 3 year old, got a shoulder tote. It is about as big as he is, but he was happy.

I see the hats being very similar to fruit cake. Nobody really eats fruit cake,(do they?), they just re-gift it next year. I seriously think there is only one fruit cake that just gets passed around each Christmas. As for the caps/hats, we leave em on board for the next folks to leave for the next folks, and so on......you get the picture.

So if you take the hats home, you mess up the process, just like if you eat the fruit cake ....

Never thought about it that way. I will give it to the taxi driver on the way to the airport.:):D

Excellent idea :D I took several of the pleather picture frames home with us and mailed them to CC members who wanted RCCL "stuff" for gift bags or for their cruise vacation surprises :p

###

We're first timers on RCI(AOS-2/15/09) and we received a great beach bag at the end of the cruise. It was on our bed when we returned from dinner the night before debarkation. I was surprised and thought it was great marketing for RCI. Is this a normal departure gift? We weren't in a suite, but in a Cat. D2 balcony. What a nice gesture!

Just got back from Liberty of Seas. My Wife got a hat because she was a C&A. This was my first RC cruise, so I got nothing :( You can mail me a hat :p

The best free thing we got on board was the notepad given at the meet and mingle.

Shoulder packs this last Voyager cruise.

The 1 night PreI no C&A gift but then again none expected. Heck barely even saw cabin attendant and I don't think they really spent much effort cleaning the cabin before we arrived.

I'd take C&A hats since I do use them to keep from getting a nice burn up top, and when at the ranch I am outside nearly the entire time. If you don't want yours and we are on the same sailing come by the cabin and toss them in. :D

[quote name='ccxnola']Just off the Voyager and we got ------- Two more c & a baseball caps!!

I wonder if ANYONE in head office realizes that by the time you have sailed often enough with RCCL to reach DIAMOND, you have more BaseBall Caps than you can use in a lifetime!![/quote]

I really could not agree more, we have so many Caps I could open a store, maybe a voucher of similar value to spend in the store would be better. That way we could develope a nice collection of ship branded items.PLEASE NO MORE CAPS

the nice Little perk that they give to us as returning crown and anchor members are nice and i certainly will take the baseball caps...bring them to the cabin for those sunny or even rainy days...keep the rain off the glasses...THANK YOU RCCL...

Twice a year our church has a yard sale. We take all the hats we receive there and sell them for $1.00 each. Have been surpeised at how quickly they go. Remember those beige tote bags they gave for the longest time? They also were a big seller as were the blue totes they gave.

I agree that they don't have to give us anything, but hope they continue as we always find constructive ways to get rid of that which we don't want.

OK - prepare to be thoroughly amazed.......

I am a Diamond Level RCCL cruiser and have NEVER received a baseball cap!!

Shocking!! I'm not sure how on earth I avoided it! However I do have a healthy collection of those blue tote bags!

On our recent B2B, we received baseball caps the first week. We'd received the blue tote bags on both cruises last year so these are our first caps. Figured we'd get two more the second week but surprise! Of course RCI knew we had caps so we got a really nice large tote bag. Maybe you just need to leave notes saying you really don't need any more baseball caps and the steward might find something else? Worth a try anyway. :)

Archived