Oh oh, am I in trouble?

Just got off the Adventure of the Seas 2 weeks ago. We had our first balcony, a corner aft! I never once sat out there. I'll admit I stood out there a few times going into and leaving ports but I can do that from any outside deck. DW used it a few times. She would like to have one again, I can easily do without. It will all depend on price in the future.

We enjoy the balcony more than the ports.

Love the peaceful feelings being on the balcony gives you...spiritual... when you look at the beauty.

Love to be on the balcony at sail away with our friends and relatives in cabins on both sides of us.

Love to hang out on the balcony as we approach and are in ports.

Love to wave to people from the balcony. People on excursion boats leaving and returning to shore will always wave and yell up to you.

Love to go out on the balcony every time we go back to our cabin and check it out.

Love to take pics from the balcony.

Love to look for other ships at night in the distance from the balcony.

Love to look at the sunrise, sunset, and everything in between.

Love the breeze.

Love to go out during the storms.

Love the openness to the cabin it brings.

Love when the balcony door is open at night and you can hear the water.

Love to look down and watch the ship as it moves through the water.

Love to hang out on the balcony when DH is getting ready for our meals, excursions etc.

Just plain love the balcony.

AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON FOR A BALCONY........TO HAVE SOME PLACE FOR DH TO GO WHEN HE GETS YOU KNOW..gas..FROM EATING WINDJAMMER FOOD!!! He would die if he knew I posted that. Can't believe I did.. but I cannot believe it does not serve that purpose for other men.

Never an inside cabin for us. I know some go on more cruises with the savings of an inside cabin but since we work still don't have the time for any more cruises now.

Laura

I'm telling Gene, YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOO BUSTED!

Have a great Day! :)

Mike

Of course I'd always prefer a balcony, but I'm also not a fool. If an inside is far more reasonable, that's what we'll do. And *gasp* I still have a fantastic time. :)

(though DH has yet to experience a balcony...so, after our cruise on Liberty in a hump cabin this fall, if hubby says he can't imagine going back to an interior, I probably won't object, lol!)

I heard that once you go balcony, you never go back. Wonder how bad it really is.....

For the first time ever we booked a balcony cabin on the Freedom for October. DH is thrilled about this trip because it will be our very first BIG ship cruise trip and on a balcony cabin. And that is only because the price was too good to pass up when I first booked it last May.

Well it just hit me that last week I booked a cruise for April 2010 on a Radiance class ship on the Jewel on our usual an interior cabin. DH is going to freak after going from this big, fun ship on a balcony to an elegant, no so fun ship on a dark room!! I go for the ports, not so much the ship itself, but DH goes for ships. He could go on a big mega ship on a cruise nowhere and be happy. I need great ports too.

I hope he does not get too disappointed after the Freedom cruise. At this point I cannot upgrade our interior cabin on the Jewel, the price difference for a balcony cabin is $1300 for all 3 of us. Too much for us to pay. I guess is better than staying home. But I hope I did not ruin our bargain cruises by spoiling him with a balcony.

Before mom decided to join me on Voyager next month, I was purely for cost purposes go inside. That would have been due to paying a 200% fare as a single sailer (married but without DW or DD) for that week. I was glad when mom said lets get a balcony and that she would pay difference. She wanted to go for a suite but the upcharge was a bit steep from what I had booked.

Personally with the JSs still available I am hopeful that we can ultimately upgrade to one either before or at check-in.

I have to agree once you can see the water from your cabin you will want that every cruise thereafter. Although many who travel frequently do understand that sometimes you settle for PR or Inside cabins to keep costs in check.

I'm telling Gene, YOU ARE SOOOOOOOOO BUSTED!

Have a great Day! :)

Mike

Gene has 4 sisters all nurses, his mom was a nurse and the guys in the family married nurses. Gene has heard it all over the yrs.

Will look forward to seeing you and Bill in Vegas at the Choc Chip Cookie contest.

Laura

My very first cruise was a Veranda balcony with my college gf. Everyone told us we were nuts because you don't spend much time in your cabin. We did not hang out on the balcony.

My next cruise was with my wife. She had never been in an OV or balcony before, and since I was paying for it (she was a grad student at the time), I agreed to OV. We have had balconies since. We spend a lot of time out on the balcony reading and relaxing. Its pretty cool leaving ports, arriving into ports, going out at night, on the balcony. however, if I was booking a short 3 to 4 day cruise, I will probably not book a balcony. I am not sure about interior, but I would consider it.

Thanks Arizona Laura..... You saved me alot of typing ! Excellent list of Why To's ......

Took our first cruise in 94 in an oceanview. Friends had a balcony....... That was our last cruise without a balcony. We will keep the string going to number 21 and 22 in November.

Have to agree about the advantage of mixing foul air with sea air as opposed to recirculating it in an inside:D

Thanks Arizona Laura..... You saved me alot of typing ! Excellent list of Why To's ......

Took our first cruise in 94 in an oceanview. Friends had a balcony....... That was our last cruise without a balcony. We will keep the string going to number 21 and 22 in November.

Have to agree about the advantage of mixing foul air with sea air as opposed to recirculating it in an inside:D

Thanks..I do love my balcony.

Wondered if anyone else would own up to it. :o:D

Very well put BTW.

Laura

A saying I live by is that many years from now I will regret the money I didn't spend on something more than they money I did!

That being said, we either go with a balcony or inside. When I figured out what that window was adding to the fare a day, I decided it wasn't worth it for a little light. I can turn on the TV to see the weather, or, better yet, send husband out to get a report. Of course, I am not claustrophobic either. Husband likes insides for the darkness but never denied me the balcony when I've gotten a good price. On our next cruise, I am getting a balcony for the price I originally booked an inside for with price drops. Of course, the price has dropped considerably on the inside but I didn't feel I needed to share that with him (lol).

Tucker in Texas

We always book online and start with the cheapest rooms, then we keep clicking and before you know it we are back in the balcony! Ship cabins are small, but with a balcony you have "a whole ocean of room". But, if we really only had a certain amount of money we would take a interior, of course better then staying at home, we would just spend more time in the public areas.

Gary

Gene has 4 sisters all nurses, his mom was a nurse and the guys in the family married nurses. Gene has heard it all over the yrs.

Will look forward to seeing you and Bill in Vegas at the Choc Chip Cookie contest.

Laura

Funny Funny............See you in a few months. It's amazing to me where we find everyone on these threads. I guess the headers make us look and reply. Have a great day!

Mike

We have done 2 cruises with balconies. We are taking an inexpensive short trip on Majesty in June. Our first inside cabin. DH gets up before me. He could always be found on the balcony as we docked in port. Now he will get up in the AM and leave me for the deck and I won't be able to find him until he decides to come back to me. That will make me crazy! Crazier LOL:p

It is hard to go back. Our first cruise was a balcony then we took 2 other cruises with an interior and I vowed NEVER AGAIN. My DW likes the darkness of an interior but I love having my own balcony. We will never go for less...unless she books our vactions but that will never happen.:D

It would be harder on a 7 day. We loved our cruise when we had an inside on Majesty for 3 days. I will probably get an inside again if we decide to do Majesty for 4 days, to save a litle money otherwise we may not cruise next year for reasons in my signature.

Archived