hump downside?

CLEMM

I have never stayed in a hump cabib on Celebrity, but I have had a hump cabin on Royal Caribbean. As far as I concerned, there is no down side. I would recommend a hump cabin to anyone. Enjoy it.

How do you know which cabin is a hump cabin? Sorry, I don't really know what this means. Thanks for any insight!

They stick out on a semi circle--mid ships...some have larger , deeper balconies.

They are great, but now with price increases for them--we may no longer book them...the large balc for us was not the issue-justs love being the furthest out midships--with usually great views!

We had a bump cabin on Explorer of the Seas and there were two major points. The good is that when looking out to sea your peripheal vision is that you do not see the cabins on the side and you feel like you are in the front of the line. The bad, when you look side ways and back you see all the other balconies and I guess they can see you as well. Depends how private you want to be.

We had hump cabins on the Radiance and Brillance of the seas. We also have one booked on the Equinox. I see no downside to any hump cabin. When we booked the Equinox we could have had one of those supposedly great aft cabins but choose the hump. More centrally located near elevators.

we had a hump cabin on the March 1 sailing of Solstice. It was GREAT. Beautiful large balcony. I saw very little drawback.

So, you liked your cruise? :cool:

We got upgraded to a Hump Cabin on the Navigator last year. It was the last cabin on the hump towards the aft of the ship.

While the balcony was great, we could not see towards the front of the ship because of the other cabin on the hump... I didn't really like that. We could see out at sea, or looking back... not a big deal, but I thought I should mention it!

We were still thrilled to have receive this great upgrade!!!

MC

thanks all for your comments. I'm going to go take a look at the deck plans. We're thinking of doing Med on the Equinox next May:mad: - wish it was this May!!!

I just booked Equinox for May 2010. At first I booked a Concierge hump. But it was about $400 more so went back to a 1A hump with the deep balcony. We are Elite so dont really see any benefit of having the CC, besides the extended room service breakfast menu.

Sun54, I am booked for a hump cabin on the Equinox this August. I'll gladly tell you what my experience was upon return. I am a bit worried about the proximity to the elevators, but time will tell.

Sounds great - what cabin number(s) should I look for?

I personally LOVED my C1 hump cabin #1243 - about triple the size of a standard balcony - it was HUGE!!!!! Literally the largest non-suite balcony on the ship! The balcony was great for hosting cocktail parties - we had 25+ people out there one day! Being on the aft part of the hump there was virtually no wind issue to deal with. We got sun when we wanted it, and shade if desired as well. Due to balcony depth there were no privacy issues related to the angled shape.

There are 58 +/- cabins with the same size balcony we had - they are:

Resort Deck: 2105, 2109, 2106, 2110

Penthouse Deck: 1547, 1552, 1601, 1605, 1606, 1610

Sky Deck: 1075, 1044, 1231, 1243, 1247, 1108, 1120, 1124

Panorama Deck: 9155, 9192, 9209, 9215, 9237, 9241, 9266, 9270, 9292, 9296

Vista Deck: 8199, 8162, 8255, 8259, 8281, 8285, 8228, 8232, 8254, 8258

Sunrise Deck: 7159, 7206, 7215, 7219, 7241, 7245, 7260, 7264, 7286, 7290

Continental Deck: 6155, 6156, 6209, 6215, 6237, 6241, 6210, 6214, 6236, 6240

Most of these are on the hump, but some are forward where the ship starts to indent. The rooms run the range from Category 2C, 1A, C1, or AQ (with the exception of 6209/6210 which are categorized as 07 Obstucted Balcony - great balcony at a small price!). There are also many cabins adjacent to the ones I listed that also have oversized balconies that are about double the size of normal ones, but I would go for the triple sized ones first :D

Hope this helps!

Scott

P.S. - I'd also tend to choose the ones that angle to the aft over the ones that angle towards the bow as the forward facing ones could tend to get windy .....

Edited by scottamiller

What is the downside of a hump cabin, or a cabin right next to the hump that has a larger balcony. The price, at least on Solstice, seems to be the same for CC.

I had a hump cabin (Sunrise deck) on Solstice and it was fabulous !! I felt very close to the water and I wasn't overlooking any lifeboats. Excellent position.... :)

GB

SCOTTAMILLER..

Are you sure about the Vista Deck #'s ? ..I think that is the deck with the mistake in the layout and then your list of extra large balconies would be off ..ONLY ON VISTA DECK....

do a search "help with angled balconies" and check out post # 116

SCOTTAMILLER..

Are you sure about the Vista Deck #'s ? ..I think that is the deck with the mistake in the layout and then your list of extra large balconies would be off ..ONLY ON VISTA DECK....

do a search "help with angled balconies" and check out post # 116

Ooooohhhhh - I was unaware that this issue had not been fixed! Yes according to that post the "best" angled/hump balconies on VISTA deck would actually be:

Vista Deck: 8197, 8160, 8253, 8257, 8226, 8230, 8279, 8283, 8252, 8262

That'll teach me for trusting the supposedly updated deckplans!

I personally LOVED my C1 hump cabin #1243 - about triple the size of a standard balcony - it was HUGE!!!!!

Scott,

Thank-you so much for this information. I didn't realize that the hump balconys were that much larger. I thought the size difference was minimal. Would you happen to have a picture of the balcony?

thepreismans.com has pictures of 1231, a hump balcony and further down, another reg balcony picture. I would say the balconies are at least 40sq feet larger.

Thank-you lives-to-travel-er. That site was amazing and it really does show how large the balconys are.

Edited by fateknows
punctuation