Awesome price drop

As is my daily ritual, I logged on to RCI's website yesterday morning in search of a price drop. As usual, there wasn't one. Checked again later in the day, and low and behold, they instituted a Senior discount for Junior Suites on our 6/28 Freedom sailing. Translation...since DD is 55, we just saved $430pp, for a total of $860!!! :D OMG...I am in shock.

As many before me have said, it pays to check often. I'm gonna post this on our Roll Call thread as well. Maybe I can help a fellow cruiser save big bucks too!

Yes, same thing happened to me. I checked in the morning and late afternoon and saw nothing new. Then after dinner last night I checked again (I know...I check a lot!), and low and behold, a $150pp price drop for our E2 cabin. It would have been easy to miss too, as it wasn't marked in red as a "deal".

Also, my balance on that reservation was only $200, and they applied the remaining $100 to our other reservation for our girl's interior that still has a balance. I wasn't sure if they would, but when I asked about it, it sounded like it's something they do all the time.

One has to wonder if these "special" price drops are in liue of systematic price decreases. Would seem easier to return to higher prices in the future once the economy rebounds without actually lowering the base price. Perhaps RCL is actually working to stay on par with other cruise lines pricing without be too overt. :)

Congrats!!! I'm a online checker for the price drops too. FINALLY today our residency rate kicked in and we saved over $1100 for our cabin. Was thinking about upgrading to a JS but decided I'd stick to our balcony cabin and take the discount. Can anyone say jewelry shopping in the Caribbean??? ;)

Congrats!!! I'm a online checker for the price drops too. FINALLY today our residency rate kicked in and we saved over $1100 for our cabin. Was thinking about upgrading to a JS but decided I'd stick to our balcony cabin and take the discount. Can anyone say jewelry shopping in the Caribbean??? ;)

Congrats! That's a good one! :D

With our last price drop I almost moved our girls from their interior to a promenade room, but they told me they didn't want it, so I received the discount. (They like how dark the interior gets for sleeping in and taking naps during the day. Teenagers!)

Congrats all you lucky people with the price drops!! Mine has actually gone up.. for some reason I have not been able to acess the RCL site from work.. will have to remember to try to check it tonite at home...

Congrats! I can only hope the same happens for us... :D

Hope you don't mind if I piggy-back your thread with a related question, though...

If my category (E1) goes from being able to 'select your own cabin' to an E1 'guarantee', and the price subsequently goes down, am I still eligible for the price drop? And if so, do I have to then release my specified cabin to be put in the guarantee pool?

Thanks for any input or sharing of experience with this particular situation!

A~

Checking prices at least twice a day is not a bad thing. Yesterday in the AM there were no changes on my Sept TA. Last night there was a $250 pp drop in price. Today, 14 hours later I found I now can get a residency rate. Total savings for us in 14 hours ....$700. Since every TA (4 so far) we've been on, drops drastically in the last couple of months, I'm expecting more savings. But our Caribbean trip out of NJ in May has gone up so we aren't expecting changes on that one. Keep watching your cruises!

We logged in today and saw they had the discount listed for our currently booked cruise, contacted our TA and got ourselves a $1430 discount on the hump cabin Junior Suite!! What a deal for us! :D

Not so well usually. :(

Untrue. Royal Caribbean will most definitely honor price drops after final payment. They will refund the credit card that was used to make final payment.

Archived