Live From IOS Transatlantic April 12-25!!!!

Hi ladylawyer:

Our cruise is 14 nights, we had three formals last year on the Jewel too. My best guess is that we will have three formals, but we have five sea days. This is our first Freedom Class cruise, and will like to have all the info that I can. We only had one Ice Show on the Adventure and the Mariner, but I think that I read somewhere that we will have two different shows on the IOS. Is this true?

Please, write all you can about the shows, food, ports, well,... everything.

Thanks for everything and good luck in progressive trivia.

Lydia

Computers! Having all kinds of problems. Can't get my computer to give me enough coverage to load pictures or much else - and you can't access the CPU to use my flash drive. So sorry the stripper pole pic has not been posted! I will owe all of you a HUGE review when we get back.

Wonderful sunny weather again today - have been in capris and short sleeves and sandles the entire time. So much fun. Emmy - Ellie and Mike are great - we adore them. Have had a great trip so far - and hoping for a win in progressive trivia!!

Yes, I think Ian and Cheryl deserve more than $100 OBC for their troubles - and then poor Cheryl has been so sick!

It is even warm on the balconies - never dreamed we would even be outside much. Like Lorna said - a little choppier today - but ship is steady so hardly feeling it.

Linda - let me recover from this first before I start planning the next!! ha.ha. Have an appt. next week to book the Panamaniacs cruise!! We are still unsure how that is going to go - Sean graduates in Boston mid-May so that means two trips fairly close together....... But at this point we are planning on joining you!!

We have our cabin cleaned and ready for the cabin crawl this afternoon!

Exchange rate or euros is fairly high - 1.38 for euros today - so I will tell all of you to get from Wells Fargo before you go. They were actually lower than our bank and they deliver next day to your doorstep. You cannot charge your euro purchase on your sea pass account....have to have cash.

Hope everyone is doing well!! We will write more later. Have a great day! Mary

Hi ladylawyer:

Our cruise is 14 nights, we had three formals last year on the Jewel too. My best guess is that we will have three formals, but we have five sea days. This is our first Freedom Class cruise, and will like to have all the info that I can. We only had one Ice Show on the Adventure and the Mariner, but I think that I read somewhere that we will have two different shows on the IOS. Is this true?

Please, write all you can about the shows, food, ports, well,... everything.

Thanks for everything and good luck in progressive trivia.

Lydia

Two different ice shows - the first was awesome. Can't wait to see the second next week. Mary

Forgot to mention that last night was the IOS 1st Birthday party on the Promenade. Balloons dropped from the air - champagne for all. Rock the Band played and they were great. Tons of people - lots of dancing and singing. The captain and CD dropped down from the platform out of the promenade ceiling - so cool!! Mary

Hi Mary,

Your reports are great and wish we were with you guys. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO glad that you have that appointment to book that wonderful fun filled PC cruise with all of us. Now we know that it is going to be AWESOME!!!

KEEP US UPDATED.

I know that Lorna has just paid you off NOT to post her picture on the pole. You know that some day if she becomes a judge it could show up on some funky web sight:p:p:p:eek:

Ira

Lydia, how many days is your cruise? Ours is 13 and we have 3 formal nights. I discovered, when unpacking, that I left my formal gown in the closet at our home :eek: so we're doing the last formal night at Chops. If your cruise is less than 10 nights, you'll probably only have 2 foral nights. I'll check for you, tho. ~ L

Lorna,

Why not wear your stripper pole outfit on formal night? I bet everyone would say " wow look at her outfit":p:p

Then again what would Bill be wearing????????

Ira

Our cruise is almost getting farcical (sp?) now!! LOL (we MUST be jinxed!!!)

Anyway - we have British immigration coming onboard in the azores to check everyone prior to arrival in Southampton.

Just to let you know that the weather here in UK has been brilliant today and forecast for next few days is sunshine also, (70 degrees F) ready for your arrival in Southampton.....when we board!!!

Which cabin had the leak???? I hope its not ours!:eek:

Lydia, how many days is your cruise? Ours is 13 and we have 3 formal nights. I discovered, when unpacking, that I left my formal gown in the closet at our home :eek: so we're doing the last formal night at Chops. If your cruise is less than 10 nights, you'll probably only have 2 foral nights. I'll check for you, tho. ~ L

Hi Lorna, talking about the cruise compass, would you be able to bring me any from your cruise, Please they won't take up to much room:)

If not I will still meet you when you are here:D

Carol:)

Forgot to mention that last night was the IOS 1st Birthday party on the Promenade. Balloons dropped from the air - champagne for all. Rock the Band played and they were great. Tons of people - lots of dancing and singing. The captain and CD dropped down from the platform out of the promenade ceiling - so cool!! Mary

Hi Mary, sounds like you guys had a great Birthday Party on the Promenade:cool:

So you met Ellie & Mike, they are great people, we spent the day with them when they were here in Victoria, we hope to visit with them sometime in the next year;)

Mary, tell Lorna that Bob is doing well but still has a lot of pain sometimes, but he will be able to run around by the time she gets here:eek:

Hope your weather keeps on being nice for you guys:D

Been getting the suitcases ready today for our departure on Indy this coming Saturday (am I excited??!!!!).

Can anyone on your TA please let me know where the table tennis tables are located?

Enjoy your calm seas - long may they continue!

Gail

You can check Independence today in Ponta Delgada/Azores Webcam, until 5 PM local time

http://www.gisclimaat.angra.uac.pt/weathercams/0008.jpg?id=0.6156618059254657

I will wave LOL

sitting in a free internet cafe just by the ship - much cheaper even with buying a beer than the 55c a minute on the ship!!

nice weather here - fairly warm, dry and only a little cloudy - very pleasant.

Hi mimikens, I'm with you, I think we should see Lorna Demonstrating the pole:D

I'm going on this cruise next year, why don't you think about coming, we could have lot of fun:eek:

How is your new home doing? are you all settled in now?:cool:

Hi Carol,

Next year, I am on the Jewel TA that stops in Paris, Cherbourg, Cork, Iceland, Newfoundland and Nova Scotia. So are YOU in the stripper pole room next year?

Are you ever settled into a home? I have LOTS of things I bought from Lowe's and Ikea. But the stuff is just sitting in the garage waiting for someday. You know what they say, someday never comes!

Is it possible for anybody on board at the moment who can tell us if there are still kettles and cups in the cabins for making tea, coffee etc. There was on the maiden cruise last May and don't wish to bring travel kettle if there are.

Thanks for anybody who replies and enjoy the rest of your cruise.:)

You can check Independence today in Ponta Delgada/Azores Webcam, until 5 PM local time

http://www.gisclimaat.angra.uac.pt/weathercams/0008.jpg?id=0.6156618059254657

Thanks so much for posting the site. I can remember walking the Aveneda (sp?) main avenue by the water many years ago.

Looks like Ponte Delgada is is much more built up. Take pictures by the gates of the City!!

This was the biggest ship ever to visit Ponta Delgada. Many locals went to the pier to salute the passengers.

Fresh pics from this visit:

[URL]http://www.zirigunfo.variavel.com/index.php?showimage=85[/URL]
[URL]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_tQQbEpUFH0c/SetcAaJat6I/AAAAAAAAA6k/Tv0oOhp2q7g/s1600-h/IMG_2587.JPG[/URL]

See you next year Indie !!!

[quote name='nannyspice']Is it possible for anybody on board at the moment who can tell us if there are still kettles and cups in the cabins for making tea, coffee etc. There was on the maiden cruise last May and don't wish to bring travel kettle if there are.
Thanks for anybody who replies and enjoy the rest of your cruise.:)[/QUOTE]

We just left the Indy last Sunday (Easter) and we had a kettle in our balcony cabin. It was really nice to be able to make our own tea and coffee right in the cabin. Wish they had this on all of the RCI ships. Enjoy!

[quote name='mimikens']Hi Carol,

Next year, I am on the Jewel TA that stops in Paris, Cherbourg, Cork, Iceland, Newfoundland and Nova Scotia. So are YOU in the stripper pole room next year?

Are you ever settled into a home? I have LOTS of things I bought from Lowe's and Ikea. But the stuff is just sitting in the garage waiting for someday. You know what they say, someday never comes![/quote]

Hi Mimi,

I am on the aft near the pole cabin but I well try to get the pole cabin if I can, who ever has it will have to cancel or change there cabin:D

Your TA cruise sounds good too, I was looking at a few others but I decided on this one

[quote name='AzoresW']This was the biggest ship ever to visit Ponta Delgada. Many locals went to the pier to salute the passengers.

Fresh pics from this visit:

[URL]http://www.zirigunfo.variavel.com/index.php?showimage=85[/URL]
[URL]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_tQQbEpUFH0c/SetcAaJat6I/AAAAAAAAA6k/Tv0oOhp2q7g/s1600-h/IMG_2587.JPG[/URL]

See you next year Indie !!![/quote]

WOW!! Thank you AzoresW, now that really makes me excited:eek:

Ian, have they taken care of everything in the cabin? They should have given you more on board credit. Did you tell them that they ruined the beginning of your honeymoon??? Is your wife feeling better. I know I got sick on my first two cruises but after that I really never got sick again. I always take my transderm patches with me, but rarely ever use them. I was also taught never to put a full patch on - cut them in half. A full patch is too strong. I am sure she will be feeling better really soon and enjoy the rest of the cruise. What a way to take a honeymoon.

Darlene

Archived