Is Sunscreen sold onboard?

reeba1

We are going on Explorer of the Seas next month (first ever cruise) and we have bought sun screen but just in case we run out i was wondering if you can buy it onboard?

Thanks in advance

Rachel

x

We are going on Explorer of the Seas next month (first ever cruise) and we have bought sun screen but just in case we run out i was wondering if you can buy it onboard?

Thanks in advance

Rachel

x

Yes, it is sold on board, but there's not a huge selection. We forgot our sunscreen once and wanted to get SPF 30, but could not find that on board. We found some on our stop in Jamaica.

Thanks in advance

Rachel

x

Don't run out!!!!

A lady sitting next to me said she forgot hers at home. Asked me to save her lounge while she went and bought some. She was not happy when she returned. said it cost $42

Don't run out!!!!

A lady sitting next to me said she forgot hers at home. Asked me to save her lounge while she went and bought some. She was not happy when she returned. said it cost $42

:eek: Sounds like the kind that comes from a cosmetic company and not the more ordinary stuff most of us use....

Thanks in advance

Rachel

x

Yes but it is expensive, bring an extra bottle from home. With the money you save you can have an extra DOD:)

We only packed one the last cruise. That was a big mistake. It cost us $12 on board. This is one item that you want to pack multiple of just to be on the safe side.

We had to buy some last February on our Voyager cruise. It cost us $14. Not too bad but definitely higher than what you might find at your local store.

Definitely bring extra! Sunscreen costs too much onboard to leave some at home! And water shoes.... before our 2nd cruise, I had purchased water shoes on clearance at Target for my husband and myself... around $6 or $8 each. Of course, he forgot his, and we ended up paying $30 or $40 to get new ones onboard! (Didn't realize they were missing until the night before our excursion where we needed them). Now as a joke, we take both pairs on every cruise, just to be safe. :p

Never forgot a bathing suit before, but those are NOT cheap onboard either!

It is, but it's expensive and they often run out a few days into the cruise. If you do forget to pack some, be sure to buy it EARLY, or you may find none left on the ship.

That happened to us once on an OV cruise; we'd taken what we thought was plenty but ended up running out and when we went to the shop onboard they'd run out of most SPFs; only had SPF4 and Aftersun left :(

It is difficult to gauge how much you might need but if you take one more bottle than you think you should be OK.

The extra expense of buying onboard is one thing; what will be more annoying is if they dont have or run out of the degree of sun block that you normally use and that is a frequent occurence. They do not seem to be able to stock enough and then you have to wait until you get to a port where you can go to a local drugstore. Take more with you than you think you might use to be on the safe side:)

Thanks in advance

Rachel

x

Don't count on the ship. DH & I were on the LOS in May 08, in the begining of the cruise it appears they never bothered to do inventory and restock. DH & I used a spray on lotion and were burned in patches.

Archived