New perk for Elites/Suites

dsawyer

Yes Karen, the items you mentioned were there every night. Sounds like you missed out on the special hors d'oeuvres of the day. We were recently on the Tahitian and always went early as we had early seating. I'm an adventurer when it comes to food and drink:cool: - DH is pretty much a beer and chips kind of guy:mad:. But we loved the concept of just the elites and suites getting together - not because we're snobs; we just found that it was so easy to join others and make new friends in this smaller "captive" group.

Well, obviously, the early bird gets the special hors d'oeuvres! LOL! I guess we will have to start cutting our nap time in order to snack on the good stuff! We found the area in Skywalkers very quiet and conducive to great conversation. I will look forward to it on our December Sapphire cruise....and will try to sneak up there early to find out what we have been missing!! :)

couple of questions if i may with laundry and internet service as a perk for suites, will they iron (not launder just iron) shirts for us? with wifi in rooms will we be able to use own computer in room for free internet thanks

We were first time elites on our last cruise and I do not remember if there was a place to indicate "iron only" on the laundy slip. But we surely did avail ourselves of that great perk. DH thought they were a little rough on his treasured classic t-shirts; I did not see that, but then again any laundry that I'm not doing personally is good laundry to me;).

As for the internet, it is positively NOT free if you use your own computer in your room. You go down to the internet cafe and get your account set up - presumably your free elite minutes - and then every time you log on wherever you are on the ship your minutes start tick tick ticking away, just as they do in the internet room.

If you wish your clothes to be only pressed, you just write 'PRESS ONLY' across the laundry slip. Make sure pressing is on a seperate laundry ticket then clothes you want full service for. If I remember correctly, pressing is half the cost of the full service laundry. OR, you can take things to the self service laundry rooms and do the pressing yourself. ;)

We were first time elites on our last cruise and I do not remember if there was a place to indicate "iron only" on the laundy slip. But we surely did avail ourselves of that great perk. DH thought they were a little rough on his treasured classic t-shirts; I did not see that, but then again any laundry that I'm not doing personally is good laundry to me;).

As for the internet, it is positively NOT free if you use your own computer in your room. You go down to the internet cafe and get your account set up - presumably your free elite minutes - and then every time you log on wherever you are on the ship your minutes start tick tick ticking away, just as they do in the internet room.

It is unlimited free only for Full Suites.

Don't mean to sound too ignorant, but am new to Princess. We have a full suite so unlimited internet--when we go to the computer area (we're not bringing laptops), is it necessary to sign up for times to use them, or just first come first served? Is it usually very busy?

Don't mean to sound too ignorant, but am new to Princess. We have a full suite so unlimited internet--when we go to the computer area (we're not bringing laptops), is it necessary to sign up for times to use them, or just first come first served? Is it usually very busy?

Welcome to Princess. And the suite! I've never had a problem finding space in the internet café, but I often use it at night after the program. Nancy

Since they eliminated the unlimited free internet for elites, we have not found a problem getting a computer. I don't really plan a time to use them, if I am walking around, early for dinner or something and no one is around, that is when I use the computer.

Yes to Wifi and I see no reason why they wouldn't just press your shirts if you desired.

Mike:)

Regarding WiFi in the suites. We were on the Emerald last October in R412. We could not connect in our cabin or on our balcony. Funny thing though, I could connecc in the hallway outside our cabin.....:confused::confused::confused:

Bob

I must agree with a previous post -that the "suite breakfast" in Sabatini's each morning offered for full Suite passengers is the best perk offered !!:p

What wonderful service !!

Does anyone know what type of "suite breakfast" perk is offered on the Sun Class ships ? (Dawn, Sea or Sun).

We are booked on the Sea - booked a suite again to get the perks (free laundry isn't a bad deal either !) - but wonder what is offered - since there is no Sabatinis !

Thanks

thanks for all the great info and new perks... question though

We are sailing on a b2b, when we finish the first cruise we will have completed 15 sailings so our second leg is our first elite cruise. I did notice that when i printed out the boarding pass for both trips it shows Platinum.

Will they automatically move us up to elite, will steward add the perks to the room, will we get the black cards? or do we get platinum again and then have to go and get them changed with the circle host on the first day of the 2nd sailing?

Also I am not sure if this will be a real perk for us this special lounge other than the nicer appetizers. If the prices are the same as in other lounges except for this "special" drink -- not sure if it is a real perk for us. We sail on the Island next week and will see if it has this lounge for Elite/suite pssgrs. Will check it out at least once during out 17 nights.

On last sailing the "most sailed" luncheon had a few couples who were on their second cruise, definately not "most sailed" not sure why they were invited but they did enjoy it.

Thanks everyone for the info and answers to my questions.

Vickie

thanks for all the great info and new perks... question though

We are sailing on a b2b, when we finish the first cruise we will have completed 15 sailings so our second leg is our first elite cruise. I did notice that when i printed out the boarding pass for both trips it shows Platinum.

Will they automatically move us up to elite, will steward add the perks to the room, will we get the black cards? or do we get platinum again and then have to go and get them changed with the circle host on the first day of the 2nd sailing?

Also I am not sure if this will be a real perk for us this special lounge other than the nicer appetizers. If the prices are the same as in other lounges except for this "special" drink -- not sure if it is a real perk for us. We sail on the Island next week and will see if it has this lounge for Elite/suite pssgrs. Will check it out at least once during out 17 nights.

On last sailing the "most sailed" luncheon had a few couples who were on their second cruise, definately not "most sailed" not sure why they were invited but they did enjoy it.

Thanks everyone for the info and answers to my questions.

Vickie

Well hello to another "Funky Llama" from the cruise that never was. That was going to be lots of fun and we sure were building a great group. Oh well.

Are you still going to South America?

Anyway, I'm not real sure how great the new lounge is these days as there isn't much talk about it and it sounds as if its not on all the ships yet. WE loved it and hope it will continue but not in a "watered down" version as has been experienced on some ships.

Well hello to another "Funky Llama" from the cruise that never was. That was going to be lots of fun and we sure were building a great group. Oh well.

Anyway, I'm not real sure how great the new lounge is these days as there isn't much talk about it and it sounds as if its not on all the ships yet. WE loved it and hope it will continue but not in a "watered down" version as has been experienced on some ships.

Oh hi! How are you both, my fellow funky lamas... that was a great group, for those of you here who don't know what we are talking about, we were originally booked on the Star for March 30 Buenos Aries to Santiago then onwards to San Fran but princess cancelled that cruise. I keep buying the Funky Lama wine and think of our group often.

We booked the Panama in lieu of South America, and have put South America on hold for a few years but we will definately do it.

We have also planned another b2b in Jan in the Caribbean Crown then the Ruby.

I will definately check out this lounge but since we are travelling with two other couples who are not elite we would feel odd leaving them, but I want to check it out so I can report back about it.

am glad Princess will automatically take care of upgrading us to Elite without having to go to the Captain Circle host and explaining everything.

Just returned from the Sydney to Southampton sector of the Dawn Princess World Cruise (Sydney to Sydney). There was no special cocktail area organised each night for suite/elite passengers on this cruise - perhaps 104 nights is too much!! They did however break the voyage into 4 sectors and upgraded passengers' Captain Circle benefits after each sector.

Just returned from the Sydney to Southampton sector of the Dawn Princess World Cruise (Sydney to Sydney). There was no special cocktail area organised each night for suite/elite passengers on this cruise - perhaps 104 nights is too much!! They did however break the voyage into 4 sectors and upgraded passengers' Captain Circle benefits after each sector.

that is a trip I have always dreamed of doing and I love the Dawn. How was it? Would love to hear anything you have to share, so if you do a review, post a link here so we can hear about it.

We're people in mini suites included? What is considered Elite? Sorry...new to cruising.

Elite is after 15 cruises or 150 days on Princess. Mini bar setup, free laundry, etc. Unfortunately, mini suites just give you the extra space (which I can be forced into accepting!).

Would you be good enough to please explain how the perk was ''watered down'':confused::confused:

Thanks

We are just off the Star and made it up to the Elite/Suite area almost every night it was available. However, we never got there before 6:30PM and it closed down at 7PM. Maybe we missed the good stuff, as about all that was available each night were some cheese wedges, cheese sticks, crackers and olives. I'm not complaining, just stating the facts! LOL! (We certainly did not starve on this cruise!) It was pretty much empty in Skywalkers by the time we got there, but it sure was a great place to take in the beautiful views. It's nice to have some different perks to enjoy on our cruises. Thanks, Princess!

Would you be good enough to please explain how the perk was ''watered down'':confused::confused:

Thanks

Kool kruiser, please read the above quote to see what I was referring to.

It appears what KarenCl was offered on the Star was considerably less than the wonderful hors d'oeuvres we were offered on The Ruby when this perk was first introduced.

I'm not surprised, however, because there doesn't seem to be enough participation each evening to warrant such an elaborate spread.

I will be back on The Ruby next month and hopefully it will be the same as it was the first time.

that is a trip I have always dreamed of doing and I love the Dawn. How was it? Would love to hear anything you have to share, so if you do a review, post a link here so we can hear about it.

Check out P&O - Australia in the Cruise Line Section of Cruise Critic. As the Dawn Princess is now based in Australia, there is a thread there called Dawn Princess World Cruise. CC posters are currently following the ship's movement and there is also reference to a number of excellent blogs being written by passengers we met who are still onboard.

Sounds like a wonderful trip ! - Do you know if suite passengers were offered any version of the "suite breakfast" plan in effect on the other class of ships ?

Thanks

Archived