No babies/toddlers allowed in RCI pools?

Hi all. We are looking to book our first cruise with the kids. I'm thinking of sailing the Majesty of the Seas from Miami, 4 night Bahamas cruise. But I recently read an article on cruise critic "cruising with babies" that "Children who are not potty trained are not allowed to swim in the ship's pools, with or without swim diapers." My 2 kids 3 & 1 would both be in swim diapers, so I guess they would not be able to go in the ship's pools? Does anyone know if this is true? If so, it would be a deal breaker for us sonce my kids love the pool. I'll call RCI too but I would rather post here bacuse I trust the boards more that a customer service rep!

Thanks for any adice anyone can give me,

Marina:D

Celebrity / Horizon ~ Bermuda

Carnival ~ Paradise ~ Western Carrib.

Disney Wonder ~ Bahamas

RCI Explorer ~ Eastern carrib.

Golden Princess ~ Southern Carrib

Yes, it's true. There are currently 4 Royal Caribbean Ships with a Baby Zone. Majesty is NOT one of them.

You can choose from Freedom, Liberty, or Independence of the Seas. Then Enchantment of the Seas also has one. And coming in December - Oasis of the Seas.

Carnival has NO ships with a Baby Zone.

Disney would be your ONLY other option. This is a Health regulation for ALL cruise ships...not just Royal Caribbean.

So if you want to cruise with a child, pick a ship with a Baby water area or bring an SMALL inflatable pool.

Hi all. We are looking to book our first cruise with the kids. I'm thinking of sailing the Majesty of the Seas from Miami, 4 night Bahamas cruise. But I recently read an article on cruise critic "cruising with babies" that "Children who are not potty trained are not allowed to swim in the ship's pools, with or without swim diapers." My 2 kids 3 & 1 would both be in swim diapers, so I guess they would not be able to go in the ship's pools? Does anyone know if this is true? If so, it would be a deal breaker for us sonce my kids love the pool. I'll call RCI too but I would rather post here bacuse I trust the boards more that a customer service rep!

Thanks for any adice anyone can give me,

Marina:D

Celebrity / Horizon ~ Bermuda

Carnival ~ Paradise ~ Western Carrib.

Disney Wonder ~ Bahamas

RCI Explorer ~ Eastern carrib.

Golden Princess ~ Southern Carrib

Yes, it is true and is enforced. Sorry. I know how my kids enjoyed the pools when they were babies as well. There are some larger ships within the fleet that have baby splash zone type area for kids in swimmees, and I believe there are other lines that do not have this "no baby swim zone" rule. You might want to check out the Disney Line.

Good Luck!

A~

And just so you know the areas we are talking about, this is it...it's called the Baby Zone on the Freedom Class. It's one small section of the H20 zone.

124.jpg

125.jpg

Thanks for the pics! Does the Waterworks areas of Carnival have a babyzone? Just curious, we won't be cruising on them til 2010 and ds will be potty trained by then i'm sure!:p

Thanks for the pics! Does the Waterworks areas of Carnival have a babyzone? Just curious, we won't be cruising on them til 2010 and ds will be potty trained by then i'm sure!:p

No.

No. Some have claimed that they were "allowed" by Carnival crew members to let their diaper children play in the one water spout. But I keep asking for SOMEONE to give me proof, a picture of a sign, copy of their caper...anything that says this is allowed and not just sort of permitted by crew. ;)

Also we were going to bring a small blow up pool and were told not to because there is no place to dispose of the water. They were no longer allowing people to do this (oh, this was on the Majesty)

Is a baby in the pool really that important to you that it is a deal breaker? Do you not have a bath tub at home?

Book a room with a bath tub.

Book a beach vacation.

Go to a hotel with a child's pool

Book a lake vacation.

Why would you 1)want you child to swim in other childrens excretions and 2) why would you want to subject me to your child's excretions. Neither sound very appealling to me. Of course, I am a grumpy childfree old folgy.:D

jc

All cruise lines cruising that call at US ports must follow the same health regulations. When a baby pees (or does worse) in a ships' pool, the ship must immediately close the pool, drain the pool, scrub and disinfect the pool, and finally refill. Of course this means that thousands of passengers lose the use of that pool for the day, and most ships only have 2 main pools. We were actually on a cruise (not RCI) where a parent defied these rules and took her toddler into the pool..and there was an "accident." They had to close both main pools (their circulation system allowed cross contamination) for a hot sea day. Two days later the same parent did it again with the same child and told others on deck that she had paid for the cruise and had her rights. The following day the ship docked at St Maarten and this parent, her husband, and her 3 children were all kicked off the ship (we heard they had to get home at their own expense).

Hank

Seems to me a 1 or 2 year old won't even be aware if there is a pool or not and will not miss it...unless you take them to it at the expense of everyone else.

After seeing a diapered kiddo being dipped in and out of a hot tub like a tea bag, no more hot tubs for me.:mad:

All cruise lines cruising that call at US ports must follow the same health regulations. When a baby pees (or does worse) in a ships' pool, the ship must immediately close the pool, drain the pool, scrub and disinfect the pool, and finally refill. Of course this means that thousands of passengers lose the use of that pool for the day, and most ships only have 2 main pools. We were actually on a cruise (not RCI) where a parent defied these rules and took her toddler into the pool..and there was an "accident." They had to close both main pools (their circulation system allowed cross contamination) for a hot sea day. Two days later the same parent did it again with the same child and told others on deck that she had paid for the cruise and had her rights. The following day the ship docked at St Maarten and this parent, her husband, and her 3 children were all kicked off the ship (we heard they had to get home at their own expense).

Hank

That's FABULOUS!!!!

Hank

Until you mentioned St. Maarten, I was reminded of my 2nd Rhapsody cruise. The main pool was closed for 2 sea days because of two separate "fecal tea bag" incidents from the same people. :rolleyes: I was irritated because the few kids that were onboard ended up in the Solarium pool because theirs was closed. RC takes diaper leakage seriously or at least on that cruise they did. The sea water used in the pools does not kill the bacteria in fecal matter which can cause illnesses if not cleaned promptly. No cruiseline wants the CDC breathing down their necks over infections from dirty pools.

Archived