HAL in three-way, four vessel swap with Carnival, Costa and P&O

Copper10-8

[quote name='elycelynne']Wow, do I feel stupid now. I assumed that Potsdam and Pansdam (pots and pans) were both fictional; hence, my comment about the Dutch oven. I must say, though (not that everyone already doesn't know this), you're certainly a font of knowledge! :D[/quote]

Well, my 'Potsdam is in Germany' post backfires too since it was a Dutch ship at some time. :o

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=royalblue]Copper, didja stop taking your meds? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Can I get some of yours? But not the female kind, please;)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='usha'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]Copper 10-8, you've been [B]self-medicating [/B]haven't you?:cool:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Why, do you have experience with that?[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:cool:

[quote name='usha'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]No, I read a lot, tho....:rolleyes:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]That makes two of us[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]:rolleyes:

[quote name='jhannah']Good thing you explained yourself on that one, Betty! :eek:
:D[/quote]

:o OMG Jim, All of you are killing me! :eek: Think I should lurk for a while, instead of putting my foot into my mouth..:o

Good thing DH doesn't read these boards..LOL..

Cheers...Betty

[quote name='serendipity1499']Good thing DH doesn't read these boards..LOL..[/quote][B]That just made me wonder how many spouses/partners/SOs of CC members [I][U]do[/U][/I] read the boards regularly? And how many cases are there where both parties post under a single screen name? And how many cases are there where both have their own membership/identities? I know at least one case of each of the latter two categories, but it seems to me they are pretty scarce! :confused:[/B]

[quote name='catl331'][B]That just made me wonder how many spouses/partners/SOs of CC members [I][U]do[/U][/I] read the boards regularly? And how many cases are there where both parties post under a single screen name? And how many cases are there where both have their own membership/identities? I know at least one case of each of the latter two categories, but it seems to me they are pretty scarce! :confused:[/B][/quote]

I post but my SO doesn't come anywhere near Cruise Critic. But he gets summaries and updates. ;)

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=magenta]My DH couldn't care less about these boards, except that he wants me to make it clear that I'm very happily married.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=4][COLOR=#ff00ff]What a guy!:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Druke I']Some suggested that the Cooper was 5150. Hell, I'm old enough to remember when it was 5050.

And of course, in those days we used 502 (not 23102) for DUI.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]The times, they are a changing! It's no longer 23102, it's 23152(a) CVC (California Vehicle Code)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Druke I']That it changed again should not surprise me.

It was 17 years ago last month that I retired from City of Berkeley PD.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Thanks for your service! Here's hoping you are enjoying your retirement![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

So I take it you all missed this one as well posted on a few other fourms:

[QUOTE]HOLLAND AMERICA LINE ANNOUNCES NEW SIGNATURE CLASS SHIP MS PANADAM

Seattle, April 1, 2009 – Holland America Line will name its latest Signature Class ship and the 16th in its fleet, ms Panandam. To be delivered in August 2014, the 140,000-ton Panadam will be built at Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri’s Marghera shipyard. The interior design and art collection will reflect the glamour and history of the Latin Culture of Panama. The ship will have a length of 1205 feet and a beam of 130.5 feet.

“The Signature Class marks Holland America Line’s newest series (Panamax Series) of new-build vessels, with a guest capacity of 3,256 for Panadam. This reaffirms our commitment to build new ships for the cruise ship market,” said Stein Kruse, President and CEO, Holland America Line. “This name was chosen because of our long tradition of Panama Canal cruises. The Panama Canal will complete the post Panama Max locks in August 2014 and this ship will mark the 100th Anniversary of the Panama Canal by being the first ship to transit the new locks.”

Prior to the first transit, the Panadam with be christened in Colon, Panama and embark on a special 21 night cruise from Colon to San Diego, California and return to Fort Lauderdale Florida.

“Further we plan on operating this ship in the winters with Panama Canal sailings and then Alaska in the summer,” Kruse said.

It was in 1938 that the Nieuw Amsterdam II joined the fleet as the company’s flagship and completed the first transits of the Panama Canal. Some 76 years later the tradition of Canal transits will continue with the Panadam.

“With innovative design and guest offerings, Panadam will continue the proud tradition of Holland America Line’s sophisticated service and our premium leadership position,” said Kruse. The plan is to continue with an expanded Pinnacle and Tamarind Restaurants and Silk Den Lounge. Future plans include adding a Latin themed Restaurant with nightly live music and dancing.

Panadam will further define and expand the Holland America Line premium brand with new concepts such as the innovative Latin themed restaurant. It is to be situated high over the stern of the ship offering panoramic views overlooking the ocean expanse. Traditions such as the Explorer’s Lounge Bar and Ocean Bar will also be on board. In a break from the traditional Atrium on Holland America ships, this ship will have an 8 story Atrium with a dedicated atrium bar dedicated to the history of the Panama Canal.

Panadam will feature 13 guest decks and staterooms will spotlight all the Signature of Excellence premium amenities, including plush Euro-top Mariner’s Dream Beds, deluxe waffle/terry cloth robes, Egyptian cotton towels, flat panel TVs, dvd players, make-up mirrors with halo lighting, massage shower heads, professional grade hair dryers, fresh flowers and complimentary fruit baskets. The ship will also feature innovative spa staterooms with additional spa amenities.

Continuing several much-admired Holland America Line features, including outside-view, glass elevators at midship; the Explorations Café — a cyber-coffee house powered by The New York Times; the innovative Culinary Arts Center, presented by Food & Wine Magazine, where culinary experts provide cooking demonstrations and intimate classes in state-of-the-art onboard show kitchens; an expanded Greenhouse Spa and Salon with thermal suites and hydro-pool, the largest gymnasium ever built for Holland America Line; and a youth facility that includes the teens-only Loft. The Panadam will also boast the adult only Retreat - the resort style pool area that is soon being introduced on the Veendam.

On the technical side, Signature Class ships will feature the latest state-of-the-art navigation and safety systems including dynamic positioning abilities to hold the ship in a precise position. The vessels will be powered by six diesel generators and propelled by the latest Azipod propulsion technology. The ship will also feature shore side power connection that is used in such ports as Seattle and Vancouver.

“This new class of ships demonstrates the strength of our brand, the loyalty of our guests and the dedication of our more than 16,000 employees worldwide,” said Kruse. “The added capacity will provide greater opportunities for our guests and employees alike.”

Holland America has signed options for 3 further vessels to be delivered in 2015 – 2018.[/QUOTE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][quote name='Seacruise'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]So I take it you all missed this one as well posted on a few other fourms:[/SIZE][/FONT]

[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Yep, but it's a good one!:)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]DAM DAM DAM[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]You now must turnover your next [SIZE=4][B][I][U]PAID [/U][/I][/B][/SIZE][SIZE=3]cruise to ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]You are only allowed out of your room to transfer it to me.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Kathy[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='sail7seas'][B]I know for sure you are trying to give me a heart attack! :([/B]
[B]You came close to succeeding. :eek:[/B]
[B]Back to your room........who said you could leave it? !@#@#[/B]

[B]Clever # :D ( call 1-877-HAL-APR1 ) ;)[/B]

[/quote]

I thought of you while reading it as well! I thought, "Uh, oh" someone is not going to be very happy!

Peter

Archived