Ok Celebrity...it's been nice.

Danno

Celebrity won't miss Danno or his 1 cruise a year. They'll move on, and he'll be vacationing in the Lincoln Tunnel, where you can't get cell phone reception.

Yes, you can. They installed cells there for emergencies. But it's illegal to use cell phones while driving in NY, so you can only use them on the NJ side!:D

You still can't use cell phones in the subway, thankfully. :o

Yes, you can. They installed cells there for emergencies. But it's illegal to use cell phones while driving in NY, so you can only use them on the NJ side!:D

ROTFL...same here in DC. Now people can use their cell phones in the subway underground thanks to Verizon. Talk about rude...try sitting next to some &$(*#$ that has to scream into his phone because of the background noise from the trains.

Illegal in the entire state of New Jersey.

Don

Marti,

Agree - so many things have changed. Pagers, cell phones, technology. Good? Maybe. I refuse to let anyone spoil my fun and fun is cruising. Whatever comes along. Smokers, cell phone users, chair hogs, jeans in the dining room, babies in the pool or in the dining room - I don't care. Now where is the nearest ship.

I too hate the spread of cell phones everywhere you go.
Just thought ya'll might like to hear a little "cell" story.

My sister is a realtor, so carries her phone everywhere. She was gardening the other day and expecting a call from a client, she put her cell in her coat pocket. She was dressing a window box, when she stepped back onto a pitch fork. :eek:

The fork impaled her just above her ankle and into her calf, barely missing her saphenous vein. Not being able to walk, sit down (about to faint) or get the pitchfork out of her leg, she remembered she had a cell phone. My sister called my parents who lived around the corner and asked them to come over and bring something that she could sit on. She then called her father-in-law who is a doctor to come remove the pitchfork. OUCH and YUCK!

Had it not been for the cell, no telling how long she could have been standing out in her backyard before someone found her. :rolleyes:

I agree that the ringing of the cell phone can be annoying. But is there really a difference between someone talking on a cell phone and talking to their friend? You will still hear the person talking. Maybe they will make a rule that keeps the cell phones on vibrate? Or maybe they should institute the silent rule on all cruise ships? No more talking or you will be asked to leave.

.....In that case it definitely was the saving grace;) ........the other side of the coin......3 weeks ago I was in an accident.......:( ....the women who hit me was on her cell phone.....not paying attention:rolleyes:

Responsibilty.....it is all about being responsible for your actions.

.....In that case it definitely was the saving grace;) ........the other side of the coin......3 weeks ago I was in an accident.......:( ....the women who hit me was on her cell phone.....not paying attention:rolleyes:

Responsibilty.....it is all about being responsible for your actions.

As I mentioned in my previous post, my car was hit by a man whose kids were acting up in his car. Cell phones are not the problem--many, many people use them in cars every day without getting in accidents. If we really want to reduce the number of car accidents, they must pass a law outlawing radios, CD & tape players, smoking and eating in cars. Transporting kids or pets is distracting, too, and so is talking to another person in the car. Driving without having gotten enough sleep is dangerous, too, so I guess we need a law requiring 8 full hours of sleep before driving.

Phil,

Kind of like a Seinfeld episode. A thread about nothing that keeps on ticking......

You're right Rusty, what a stupid debate, what's next, "can I wear jeans on Formal Night", sure you can!

As I mentioned in my previous post, my car was hit by a man whose kids were acting up in his car. Cell phones are not the problem--many, many people use them in cars every day without getting in accidents. If we really want to reduce the number of car accidents, they must pass a law outlawing radios, CD & tape players, smoking and eating in cars. Transporting kids or pets is distracting, too, and so is talking to another person in the car. Driving without having gotten enough sleep is dangerous, too, so I guess we need a law requiring 8 full hours of sleep before driving.

Well then, I demand they outlaw bees in cars! I got rear-ended about 15 years ago by a gal who I could see in my mirror was flailing her arms wildly as she plowed towards me at top speed. I had nowhere to go -- the traffic in front of me was stopped. She swore there was a bee in her car. I am not making this up!

LeeAnne

Well then, I demand they outlaw bees in cars! I got rear-ended about 15 years ago by a gal who I could see in my mirror was flailing her arms wildly as she plowed towards me at top speed. I had nowhere to go -- the traffic in front of me was stopped. She swore there was a bee in her car. I am not making this up!

LeeAnne

I almost did add that to my list!

Hi Sue, I wasn't implying Cell Phones are the only distractions...:( ...but just one of them....

In my case, as soon as I looked into the mirror I could see the lady behind me..........her head was DOWN.....looking in her purse.....with the phone in her hand:eek:

Celebrity won't miss Danno or his 1 cruise a year.

With the attitude of this line...I don't expect they will either. Yet they will spend a considerable amount of money trying to get new customers while allowing existing customers to leave.

Frankly I have noticed such a huge gap in the thinking and attitude between the "new" cruise pax and the "long time" cruisers, that I think it really is time to explore some other alternatives...

Archived