Formal Night

Two.

We're on a 12 nighter and I'm sure we've got 3 :(

I've finally succumbed to pressure and am packing my suit and I'll give it a go.

Trouble is it's been to 4 funerals since Christmas and it's going to need some Valium to cheer it up :D

We're on a 12 nighter and I'm sure we've got 3 :(

I've finally succumbed to pressure and am packing my suit and I'll give it a go.

Trouble is it's been to 4 funerals since Christmas and it's going to need some Valium to cheer it up :D

Send it out to the ship's laundry where it can have a party with the other tuxes! That will cheer it up.

:)

That was quick MM. I'll give it a go.

I was thinking of that anyway, if we need to pack formal wear we'll have to bring less and use the ships laundry service.

It wasn't a problem last time as the cruise was informal.

Or you could rent a tux from the cruiseline. My DH and the other 2 men in our party did that our last cruise and it worked out great, that saved a lot of packing space. I didn't take long gowns, rather cocktail length that took up half the space, plus only one pair of shoes to go with all my dresses.

Who was wrong and about what?

Ignore him, he's a broken record that has that link saved in his favorites. Year after year he drags it out on numerous occasions when this topic comes up. Not sure he's even been on a cruise.

You will get 1000 different answers. On formal nights you will see everything from gowns and tuxes to shorts and sandals. You must decide what you will be most comfortable doing.

Shorts are prohibited in the main dining room even on casual nights!

Shorts are prohibited in the main dining room even on casual nights!

yes shorts are however, as usual we saw a few slip through the cracks.....even with a sign posted right in front of the dining room doors. Unfortunatley they just don't enforce their own policies.

This was on Mariner last week. Oh well....back to your regular scheduled program. :)

Or you could rent a tux from the cruiseline. My DH and the other 2 men in our party did that our last cruise and it worked out great,

Hi,

Thanks I tried one on a few months ago and (after DW picked herself off the foor laughing) decided it wasn't for me.

Also the flight security regs over the past few years mean we have to pack the liquids (shampoo etc.) in the checked cases instead of hand luggage

Hi,

Thanks I tried one on a few months ago and (after DW picked herself off the foor laughing) decided it wasn't for me.

Also the flight security regs over the past few years mean we have to pack the liquids (shampoo etc.) in the checked cases instead of hand luggage

This makes me sad. I have yet to see a man in a tux that didn't look great. Maybe you should try again. :)

Hi,

I have no idea why the liquids being in your checked luggage makes any difference as to what style of clothing you are packing :confused::confused: Can you not pack a 3-1-1 bag into your carry on?

You can and will get many answers to your original question and my first answer was meant to reduce your packing woes. Anyway, what you choose to wear to formal nights should at the very least be complimentary to your mate. If she wears a formal dress, a dark suit or tux would look best. If she wears a Sunday best dress or slacks and a top, then slacks, sport coat and tie would be fine. Just dress to look like you're together (I did not say match). :)

I have no idea why the liquids being in your checked luggage makes any difference as to what style of clothing you are packing :confused::confused: Can you not pack a 3-1-1 bag into your carry on?

. :)

Hi,

With the restrictions in the hand luggage the washbag for both of us ends up in my suitcase. Takes up space and weight.

Normally I would not be taking a suit. so it means cutting down on the casual clothes. And we're also restricted to weight and size for the carry on

yes shorts are however, as usual we saw a few slip through the cracks...

This was on Mariner last week. Oh well....back to your regular scheduled program. :)

We met our son at the dining room one night on Mariner and he told us that they turned him away at the door and to put long pants on. I guess a few spring breakers still made it through the door!

Archived