NCL has new Luggage rules

Redheel Girl

Need and want are completely different things.

They most certainly are. I question the poster (whom you responded to) as to what makes him think he knows everyones' needs? Personally, I need a gallon of water and my CPAP machine. That adds up to about 17 pounds right there. I bring my own snorkeling gear too. All that makes a bag well past 20 pounds without clothes and shoes in them. If I were a diver, I can only imagine what some of their gear weighs. Off hand, I see a "need" for a diver to bring some of this stuff.

I have a co-worker who has terrible food allergies. When he travels he takes cans and cans of food with him that he knows he can eat. He would do the same if cruising. That stuff weighs a ton. I would hope though, that any cruiseline could waive the restriction for someone with that type of problem.

The big problem with the cruise lines not allowing soda & water brought on board is the those of us who bring it on board usually bring something that they don't serve on board. I am diabetic, so I can only drink diet sodas, ice tea, coffee, tomato juice, V-8 or water. Add to that that I don't usually drink caffinated beverages and you are pretty much down to water. So I prefer to bring on diet orange soda, diet ginger ale, etc. Plus, I usually bring on those small tubes of Crystal Lite and mix part of a tube in my glass of water in the dining room. They wouldn't be making or loosing money on me unless the greatly increased their choice of diet beverages.

If only they were like Sonic & had diet cherry limeade, I would buy the soda card!

Trish

oh, Trish, I am not a Sonic supporter, but Cherry Limeade, they do it right!!!!

From the Spirit Q&A: http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/fleet/shipInformation.html?shipCode=SPIRIT

Can we bring soft drinks onboard and, if so, is there a limit?

Answer:

Yes you can. We took a 12 pack of Cokes on board.

2 days ago

by

RandySandra2

- New Orleans

Answer:

We have cruised several times and yes we have seen guests bring water and soft drinks aboard the ships. I did notice that they brought bottled drinks because the drinks had to be scanned same as the luggage.

2 days ago

by

Thereshia

This certainly indicates (to me) that though NCL 'approves' bringing soft drinks because they 'approved' these answers. :D

Edited by maggiecatenjay

This certainly indicates (to me) that though NCL 'approves' bringing soft drinks because they 'approved' these answers. :D

I have to disagree with your conclusion. Just looking at only a few questions and answers, I saw one we know to be factually incorrect. Someone said that NCL still had a self service passenger laundry on a particular ship, although not on the one the person asked about.

If NCL is editting for factual accuracy, they have missed at least the laundry room error, so you can't rely on the accuracy of the answer to the soda question either.

I have to disagree with your conclusion. Just looking at only a few questions and answers, I saw one we know to be factually incorrect. Someone said that NCL still had a self service passenger laundry on a particular ship, although not on the one the person asked about.

If NCL is editting for factual accuracy, they have missed at least the laundry room error, so you can't rely on the accuracy of the answer to the soda question either.

I think they are editing for negative vs. positive....just as it appears they are doing on the excursion reviews on the website.

I have left a few reviews that may have had a bit of negative(as well as mostly positive) aspects. They have not been published.

• 5 years later...