RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

About how much time did this "detour" to the castle add to your transfer from Rome to the port....I am very interested in doing this too.. Thanks!

The detour and 4 extra hours will be only 200 euros more than the original transfer for the 9 of us. I thought it was a great price. But we also have a couple more tours and all of our transfers with them too, so she may have discounted me some.

Here's the link to the Castle if you are interested. http://www.odescalchi.it/eng/

Edited by wantocruisemore

The detour and 4 extra hours will be only 200 euros more than the original transfer for the 9 of us. I thought it was a great price. But we also have a couple more tours and all of our transfers with them too, so she may have discounted me some.

Here's the link to the Castle if you are interested. http://www.odescalchi.it/eng/

Thanks for the info and the link!!

Thanks for the link. The castle looks amazing but unfortunately for us it is closed on Monday's :(

Question: RIL website recommends that you book advanced tickets for the Coliseum and Vatican, but I read on this thread that the tour guides do this for you. I don't want to end up with duplicate tickets. Also, we are planning on adding another couple at our meet and greet. If we have advanced tickets and they don't, will this cause issues?

Question: RIL website recommends that you book advanced tickets for the Coliseum and Vatican, but I read on this thread that the tour guides do this for you. I don't want to end up with duplicate tickets. Also, we are planning on adding another couple at our meet and greet. If we have advanced tickets and they don't, will this cause issues?

You can purchase in advance, or at the door. The guide will help you if you haven't purchased in advance.

Most often, R-i-L suggests an afternoon tour when the crowds are much smaller, and the lines to get tickets much shorter. That is what we did, and it worked very well.

Just tell the driver when picked up what your needs are, and they will make it work.

Edited by CruiserBruce

We used romeinlimo in November for Florence and last month in Rome and Tuscany. I had no problem filling the van for any of our tours and I highly recommend them. In Rome, I hope you are lucky enough to have Vincenzo who speaks perfect English (lived in Toronto for a few years). I have been to Rome 5 times and last month with Vencenzo we saw more sites than on the previous trips COMBINED. We went to the Catacombs, Circus Maximus, the Forum, Colosseum, an ancient house, the Spanish steps, Trevi fountain, the Pantheon, the 'Wedding cake', lunch, and a tour of the Vatican--museum, St. Peter's, & the Sistene Chapel. One of the high points was a 4 course lunch (restaurant adjacent to the Vatican) with wine for 20 euros each. He called ahead and the restaurant was waiting for us so we had the entire meal in an hour. I can't tell you how delicious it was. Jany had prearranged a guide at the Vatican who was waiting for us as per Vincenzo's phone call. It was worth every penny.

Just keep advertising on your roll call--be certain you list what you are going to see.

Do you know the name of the restaurant? I want to go there when we are in Rome next month! Thanks!

Just contact Jany to ask about taking a longer tour! She is great to work with and can help you plan out a longer day, or even make suggestions if you want to add stuff on your own.

We booked with RIL for our transfer from our Rome apartment to the port for embarkation. We had it originally as a straight transfer. After a little research I decided to check into the possibility of an added detour to Lake Bracciano for the castle there. Jany arranged everything. Recommended times so we would get to the port by our target time, gave me contact info for castle to make entry reservations and only increased the price by a small amount.

They will do as long or as short a tour as you want. Personally, I don't want to waste any of my time in Italy.

We wanted to squeeze as much as comfortably possible into our 4 days in Rome last summer. Jany and Duman at Romeinlimo helped us put together some great itineraries for our visit.

On the day that we needed to leave Rome and head towards the port in Civitavecchia, we used Romeinlimo for the Etruscan Tour that included a stop at Lake Bracciano.

We found people on our Roll Call to share the excursion with. RIL picked us up at Hotel Artemide at 9am, then we picked up the other family at their hotel at 9:15am, and off we went for a fun-filled day.

The RIL Mercedes van was brand new and very comfortable. Our driver was delightful and very knowledgeable. After visiting the Etruscan tombs he took us to a wonderful little "hole in the wall" restaurant with a nice view. The food was delicious, and one of the entrees was boar.

At the end of our meal, the owner and our driver, said they had a surprise for us. We followed them down to the wine cellar which was an actual Etruscan tomb!

Lake Bracciano is lovely, and the weather was perfect.

If you want to see some places on the way to Civitavecchia, I recommend contacting Jany and she will help you put together something.

Have fun!

Do you know the name of the restaurant? I want to go there when we are in Rome next month! Thanks!

Hi Kdrew, the restaurant was Osteria dei Pontefici. We even bought a bottle of their wine to drink in the cabin. Our entire tour with Romeinlimo was extraordinary and that meal was unbelievable--I need to dig out some photos. If you have any other questions just ask!

Lynne

Hi Kdrew, the restaurant was Osteria dei Pontefici. We even bought a bottle of their wine to drink in the cabin. Our entire tour with Romeinlimo was extraordinary and that meal was unbelievable--I need to dig out some photos. If you have any other questions just ask!

Lynne

Thank you so much for checking back in on this thread!! :D We are booking our RIL tour and will ask for Vincenzo and ask to go to that restaurant. You are the best!!!

Thank you so much for checking back in on this thread!! :D We are booking our RIL tour and will ask for Vincenzo and ask to go to that restaurant. You are the best!!!

Okay, Drew, I went back through my pictures and found the wine bottle that I snapped because it was so good and lo and behold the restaurant was: Torre San Giovanni!!! Vincenzo will know. I'm getting ready to leave on a trip but can post photos when I get back unless I get a few seconds today.So sorry.

We used RIL for a day in Rome a year ago and they were fantastic. We had them book a private guide for the Vatican for us. I had the same concern about whether to buy tix in advance, and Jany at RIL told us not to (we were there in the winter). If you are using RIL, and getting a guide for the Vatican, I would email Jany and ask what she recommends. She's terrific at answering questions via email. I don't think she ever sleeps.

BTW, Vincenzo was also our guide in Rome. Since we had only one day (six of us had come from our ship in Civitavecchia), we did not want to spend a ton of time at lunch. Vincenzo took us to a little restaurant next to the Vatican, where we had the best pizza we've ever had in our lives.

We used RIL for a day in Rome a year ago and they were fantastic. We had them book a private guide for the Vatican for us. I had the same concern about whether to buy tix in advance, and Jany at RIL told us not to (we were there in the winter). If you are using RIL, and getting a guide for the Vatican, I would email Jany and ask what she recommends. She's terrific at answering questions via email. I don't think she ever sleeps.

BTW, Vincenzo was also our guide in Rome. Since we had only one day (six of us had come from our ship in Civitavecchia), we did not want to spend a ton of time at lunch. Vincenzo took us to a little restaurant next to the Vatican, where we had the best pizza we've ever had in our lives.

I think it might depend on when you will be in Rome. We will be there this summer, have a RIL tour for the Vatican booked and Jany recommended we get the reserve tickets and told us what time to designate.

Talk to Jany about it. She is really phenomenal! Thanks to her I feel confident everything will go smoothly.

We were so pleased with Rome in Limo from two years ago on the NCL Gem with tours in Rome and Pisa/Tuscany that we will be using them next week when we are in Rome for three days of touring.

I was surprised that they will be able to accomodate us on Easter Sunday for 8 hours of touring Rome. The next day they will take us to Pompeii and Sorrento. On Tuesday, they will pick our group up early at our hotel and take us touring to north of Rome including wine tasting, before transporting us to the Costa Pacifica.

You can't go wrong with Rome in Limo!!

You have to reserve your own tickets for whatever time that Jany (at the office) tells you to. It's WAY better for you to get these in advance so you can skip the lines. You won't want to get these tickets there (i.e. having the guide do this) because then you are waiting while the guides are getting this done... and those ticket buying lines can be the longest ones. Trust me, they are telling you to get these beforehand so it saves you time with your precious hours in Rome. :)

Enjoy!!! RIL is the best!!!

You have to reserve your own tickets for whatever time that Jany (at the office) tells you to. It's WAY better for you to get these in advance so you can skip the lines. You won't want to get these tickets there (i.e. having the guide do this) because then you are waiting while the guides are getting this done... and those ticket buying lines can be the longest ones. Trust me, they are telling you to get these beforehand so it saves you time with your precious hours in Rome. :)

Enjoy!!! RIL is the best!!!

Thanks! It must depend on whether it's a high traffic season or not since there is varying info on their website. We went ahead and got the advance tickets online.

Thanks! It must depend on whether it's a high traffic season or not since there is varying info on their website. We went ahead and got the advance tickets online.

You'll be glad you did. You'll sail right on through. You're gonna love it!:) I'm ready for my turn again.

It also cost you less to purchase online. The tour companies are charged a fee to purchase them. The 2 pm time frame seems to be the best for less crowds. When you see the lines outside, you will be sooo glad to purchased ahead of time. Enjoy!:)

It also cost you less to purchase online. The tour companies are charged a fee to purchase them. The 2 pm time frame seems to be the best for less crowds. When you see the lines outside, you will be sooo glad to purchased ahead of time. Enjoy!:)

I will echo this. Last year we showed at 2pm with pre-purchased tickets and with our guide went right past the crowds. No wasted time waiting.

What is the max number of people you would recommend for Rome in a Limo tour of Rome? We currently have a bus for 28 person and I'm wondering if thats just too many people.

We had eight in a comfortable Mercedes van. They have multiple vehicles so they probably will be able to handle a group that size.

Just check with Jany, she can tell you what will be best. Depending on the area you will be touring in, it can sometimes help determine the size of the vehicle. You cannot use too large a vehicle along the Amalfi Coast and go into some of the towns such as Positano, as the roads and streets are too narrow. If it is possible to do, Jany will get it done for you!

Have a great time! :)

We used Romeinlimo in 2009 for transfers from Rome to the port and for a tour of Pomepeii and the Amalfi Coast. The day of our transfer pick up there was a big bike race through Rome which caused road closures. Romeinlimo made sure to notify us and make sure we had plenty of time for our transfer.

Our Pomepeii tour was outstanding. We were taken to a lovely restaurant for lunch with the locals. Our driver was teriffic and made sure we were back at the ship in time.

We are planning on usng them agan this June for our next cruise.

just returned from our cruise...RIL provided our party of 15 with an 8 hour tour in rome.

it was fantastic. saw everything that we wanted....forum, vatican (including sistine and st. peter's) , colosseum, trevi. our guide was wonderful. stopped for lunch. gratuity is additional but, we were happy to have such a great day.

we were told that pompeii was not possible, too far....maybe if you did that alone it would be ok. only negative was that we had kids who wanted to 'shop' for souvenirs and she told us that our schedule was too tight for that.