RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

We used RomeinLimo twice on our recent Oceania Marina cruise -- in Rome (of course!) and again in Livorno (for Florence).

We arrived at FCO at 8am and Vinny was waiting for us as we exited the luggage pickup area. Very prompt and very personable. He drove us into Rome where we then picked up our guide, Giulia. We had previously booked (on our own) a Scavi tour for 10:00 am, which we made on time! Giulia guided us to the correct location where the tour would begin, and then waited until it was finished (Highly recommend the Scavi tour).

After the Scavi tour we toured one of the Vatican museums, the Sistine Chapel and of course St. Peter's Basilica. We were very pleased with Giulia's tour of these areas (although my husband would tell you she could have sped it up a bit lol). It was obvious to us that Giulia loved her art and history and did her best to impart some of this culture on us!

Vinny then sped us off to the port at Civitivecchia in plenty of time for our embarkation and departure.

In Florence we had driver Fabrizzio. We had booked a different guide for Florence, so Fabrizzio was charged with getting us from Livorno to Florence and back again. We also had a stop in Pisa. He was ontime always, and a very likeable guy. My husband is a "talker" and Fabrizzio easily held his own. We learned a great deal about the area from Fabrizzio.

I would not hesitate to use RomeinLimo again in the future.

Laura

Thanks for your review! I'm so glad you had a good time with Romeinlimo. We had Sarah for the Vatican museum tour and it was just amazing. We've done several private guides through the Vatican and I'm always learning new things. I think the history and art are fascinating. I'm not religious at all, so it was great to have someone show us the art/history side of things.

Will you be doing a review on the Marina? I'll look and see if you've done one. The brochures look amazing! I think I would need to go with a group of friends on a ship that size but it sure looks nice!

Just a short thread to say we finally used Rome in Limo in our Naples stop to visit Positano, Amalfi and Ravello. Our drive Ciro was right on time at every stop, very personable and professional. I thought he did a great job and will email Jany to let her know. All of my worries (and I worry about everything when going to Europe) completely disappeared for this fabulous tour. Our lunch stop was another enjoyable time with Ciro taking us to an out of the way beautiful restaurant where we enjoyed a delicious lunch and an astounding view. Thanks to all of Cruise Critic's reviews, we would not hesitate to use this service again on our next trip.

• Administrators
Thanks for your review! ------snip----------\

Will you be doing a review on the Marina? I'll look and see if you've done one. The brochures look amazing! I think I would need to go with a group of friends on a ship that size but it sure looks nice!

You're welcome :) I am in the middle of writing the review. I hope to get it done soon. I should have taken a few more days off after the cruise to catch my breath and compose.

I'll post my review on the Oceania forum as well.

Laura

I was on the Carnival Magic sailing of Sept 4th.

We had booked RIL for 4 ports

Rome - 48 people

Florence - 24 people

Naples - 32 people

Messina - 24 people

All these people came from the CC Roll call.

I had been in communication with Jany for over 1 year.

Less then 1 week before sailing. Carnival advised us of a possible itinerary change duer to a general strike in Rome. I contacted Jany and she said " don't worry, we will be there whenever you come in..... Rome & Florence, we were 1 day later. Naples had to be cancelled. Messina stayed as planned.

All the cars were there when we docked. All the tours were excellent ( 12 cars in 3 ports). Not one negetive comment.

I would use them again next time we are in Italy

I was on the Carnival Magic sailing of Sept 4th.

We had booked RIL for 4 ports

Rome - 48 people

Florence - 24 people

Naples - 32 people

Messina - 24 people

All these people came from the CC Roll call.

I had been in communication with Jany for over 1 year.

Less then 1 week before sailing. Carnival advised us of a possible itinerary change duer to a general strike in Rome. I contacted Jany and she said " don't worry, we will be there whenever you come in..... Rome & Florence, we were 1 day later. Naples had to be cancelled. Messina stayed as planned.

All the cars were there when we docked. All the tours were excellent ( 12 cars in 3 ports). Not one negetive comment.

I would use them again next time we are in Italy

We have had the same thing happen with a small docking change. They are really on the ball with everything. We had Messina canceled completely on our first Med cruise and changed with Palermo... everything still worked perfectly.

You're welcome :) I am in the middle of writing the review. I hope to get it done soon. I should have taken a few more days off after the cruise to catch my breath and compose.

I'll post my review on the Oceania forum as well.

Laura

Can't wait to read it. The photos of the new ship look amazing. My husband is not sold on small ship cruising... so I need to find me a buddy! :D

Hi,

My husband and I just returned from a 12 day cruise on Carnival Magic where we utilised the services of Rome In Limo for an 8hr private tour for our day in Rome. It was the best decision we could have made. Our driver Stephan met as immediately of the gangway, he was extremely professional, friendly and knowledgeable on area. He was able to drive us virtually to the door of every location. In our 8 hours we were able to spend an hour at the Colusseum, go to the Roman Forum, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, The Pantheon and then spend the afternoon in the Vatican. We used the audio for the Colusseum and prebooked a Vatican Tour with a group with audio. Both of these were sufficient to save money. Pre buying tickets online before trip saved us many hours in queues. It was fantastic being able to get back into an airconditioned limosine and not have to walk too far. Being in a private tour car also allowed us to zip through traffic in a manner a tour bus cannot do. I would highly recommend the services of Rome in Limo - it was definately a worthwhile indulgence for what is a very big day!

We used RomeinLimo twice on our recent Oceania Marina cruise -- in Rome (of course!) and again in Livorno (for Florence).

We arrived at FCO at 8am and Vinny was waiting for us as we exited the luggage pickup area. Very prompt and very personable. He drove us into Rome where we then picked up our guide, Giulia. We had previously booked (on our own) a Scavi tour for 10:00 am, which we made on time! Giulia guided us to the correct location where the tour would begin, and then waited until it was finished (Highly recommend the Scavi tour).

After the Scavi tour we toured one of the Vatican museums, the Sistine Chapel and of course St. Peter's Basilica. We were very pleased with Giulia's tour of these areas (although my husband would tell you she could have sped it up a bit lol). It was obvious to us that Giulia loved her art and history and did her best to impart some of this culture on us!

Vinny then sped us off to the port at Civitivecchia in plenty of time for our embarkation and departure.

In Florence we had driver Fabrizzio. We had booked a different guide for Florence, so Fabrizzio was charged with getting us from Livorno to Florence and back again. We also had a stop in Pisa. He was ontime always, and a very likeable guy. My husband is a "talker" and Fabrizzio easily held his own. We learned a great deal about the area from Fabrizzio.

I would not hesitate to use RomeinLimo again in the future.

Laura

Thanks for sharing your experience Laura, can't wait to read your complete review :)

I organised a tour to Rome, with RIL, very worried as it was my first cruise and I was stepping into the unknown. I needn't have worried. They were excellent. Nick, the driver, did everything we required. He was waiting on the quayside with my name on his board. We were on the minibus and away within 5 minutes of disembarking. We overtook so many buses from the cruise ships on the way. There were 3 liners in port that day and at least a hundred coaches.

We were never rushed and we saw everything we wanted to. We had to pre book our Vatican tickets for 14:00, but we were in at 13:30 and spent almost an hour more than our allotted time there. It was no problem though and we arrived back at the ship in good time. As a bonus we even got a €50 discount as a couple of our group had been on an RIL trip to Florence the day before.

Next time I'm cruising to Italy, I'll use them again :)

Just a short thread to say we finally used Rome in Limo in our Naples stop to visit Positano, Amalfi and Ravello. Our drive Ciro was right on time at every stop, very personable and professional. I thought he did a great job and will email Jany to let her know. All of my worries (and I worry about everything when going to Europe) completely disappeared for this fabulous tour. Our lunch stop was another enjoyable time with Ciro taking us to an out of the way beautiful restaurant where we enjoyed a delicious lunch and an astounding view. Thanks to all of Cruise Critic's reviews, we would not hesitate to use this service again on our next trip.

Your trip sounds exactly what we would like to do next May. Do you remember the nam of the restaurant? Thank you

We just returned from the Star Princess Med & Greek Isles Cruise and used Rome In Limo for our transfer from FCO to our hotel, a Full Day Rome Tour, a 3 hour Vatican Tour, our transfer to the pier, Florence and San Gimignano Tour, and from Naples: Pompeii, Amalfi Coast Drive, Positano, and Sorrento Tour. Rome In Limo's Jany was terrific to deal with...we corresponded many times back and forth while we were arranging these tours. We thank her for her patience!

Our drivers were wonderful and we never waited on any lines. On the tours there were 8 of us and we were in driven in clean, air conditioned mini vans. On one transfer it was just the two of us and the other transfer we shared the van with 2 other CC members.

In Rome, Maurizio drove us on a Highlights Of Rome Tour (excluding the Vatican). Maurizio was very personable and drove us right up to each site. He also took us to a great restaurant for pasta/pizza for lunch and for wonderful gelato for dessert. Maurizio even presented us with a bottle of wine from RIL...nice touch. It was a great day, we saw many places in Rome, and we were so glad that we went with Rome In Limo. After this tour, we knew why this company received so many fabulous reviews. It was a day to remember!

The next day in Rome we went again with RIL on a 3 hour Vatican Tour. Massimo was our guide and met us at our hotel. Two other CC couples also joined us on this tour and we took 2 taxis to the Vatican (at our cost). Once at the Vatican, we walked right in and Massimo seemed to know everyone working there. He had a great personality and was able to use his camera to show us photos of the artwork that he would be telling us about. Massimo was able to avoid the crowds as much as he could and because of him our Vatican Tour was terrific.

In Livorno, Vinny was our driver and we went to Florence, Pisa, San Gimignano (sp??), and Tuscany Tour. This was another unbelievable day. We saw so much including a quick stop in Pisa for pictures. Our drive through Tuscany was beautiful and I was able to purchase paintings of the Tuscany area to remember that wonderful day.

In Naples, Giovanni was our guide for our tour to Pompeii, Amalfi Coast, Positano, and Sorrento. RIL had a private guide waiting for us in Pompeii and we spent 2 hours there. The guide was wonderful and she made our time in Pompeii very worthwhile. I can't imagine seeing Pompeii without a guide. After Pompeii, we drove on the Amalfi Coast and Giovanni pulled off at a lookout point to take some photos. The view was breathtaking. He surprised us by going back to the van, popping the cork off a champagne bottle, and pouring us all champagne to celebrate. I will always remember that moment because I just retired from teaching and this was the first day of school at home. What a way to celebrate! In addition, Giovanni gave us a bottle of Limoncello to share on board the ship. Another nice touch!

Our transfers were also great. We were so excited to be in Rome and there was our driver waiting for us with a sign with our name on it. He drove us to our hotel and pointed out some of the sights on the way. Our transfer to the pier also went very smoothly. We were picked up first at our hotel and then we picked up another CC couple at their hotel. We drove together to the pier, dropped our bags, and we were on board in no time at all.

We would recommend this company to anyone who is planning a visit to Italy. All the reviews we read were true...they really care about their clients and they made our Med cruise so much better with their wonderful tours!

Rome In Limo's Jany was terrific to deal with...we corresponded many times back and forth while we were arranging this tour. We thank her for her patience!

In Livorno, Sabrina was our driver and we went to Florence, Pisa, San Gimignano (sp??), and Tuscany Tour. We saw so much including a quick stop in Pisa for pictures. We even passed by "another" leaning tower which is attached to a church. We also paid a visit to the Ufizzi Museumn and even it was short notice Sabrina got in and got our tickets in record time. We had a great lunch and gelato from a place Sabrina recommended -it was fantastic!

We would recommend this company to anyone who is planning a visit to Italy. All the reviews we read were true...they really care about their clients and they made our Med cruise so much better with their wonderful tours!

Rome In Limo's Jany was terrific to deal with...we corresponded many times back and forth while we were arranging this tour. We thank her for her patience!

In Livorno, Sabrina was our driver and we went to Florence, Pisa, San Gimignano (sp??), and Tuscany Tour. We saw so much including a quick stop in Pisa for pictures. We even passed by "another" leaning tower which is attached to a church. We also paid a visit to the Ufizzi Museumn and even it was short notice Sabrina got in and got our tickets in record time. We had a great lunch and gelato from a place Sabrina recommended -it was fantastic!

I have to agree, we just got back on Monday and I used Rome in Limo for Florence and Rome, They suggested a private guide for the Vatican and Sistine Chapal. We booked the guide through them. They said to buy our tickets online for 2:00pm. On both tours they went above and beyond. I had 2 people in my party who needed to use a cane to get around. The guide would go to the front of the line talk to the security people and the next thing we know we are in the front of the crowd. He said the Sistine Chapal was very crowed and was concerned. Again he told us to wait by these glass doors and he came back with a secuirty guard and we walked down this hallway and we were in the Sistine Chapel. I not good at remembering names and they told me their names several times but they were the greatest. Thanks to this board I got to see more than the people on the cruise ship. The best was that we didn't have to walk anywhere, door to door service. Thank you cruise critic members for helping me with the right choices. I have been on this board several years and everyone has always been great.:):):):):)

Just returned from our Brilliance of the Seas cruise and used RIL for our Highlights of Rome tour and Florence/San Gimignano Tour. Both drivers were personable, professional and made our days very memorable. Readers need to be aware that each driver is different. I arranged our tours with Roll Call members from the CC boards, and I guess we could not help but feel a little disappointed when, returning to ship, we compared experiences with other cruisers whose drivers had presented them with wine, water, limoncello, songs, etc. We also noted that some vans had an audio system onboard that enabled the riders in the rear seat to hear the driver. One of our vans had this, the other did not. These "perks" are in no way advertised by RIL as part of their services and they delivered exactly as advertised. I booked 11 months in advance and had requested, by name, our drivers and private tour guide for the Vatican. (RIL is clear that they cannot honor requests, but one can always ask.) One request was honored, we were thrilled to have Sarah guide us through the Vatican. She was phenomenal, and made the tour a trip highlight. The place was mobbed, and she slipped us through effortlessly, providing us with a wealth of information.

I would not hesitate to book with them again, just wanted others to be aware that there are many choices, and not all tour experiences will be "over the top".

Just got back from Med. cruise on the Silhouette. We have used RomeInLimo last summer for touring in Rome, Florence and Amalfi Coast. Their service was top notch! So, this year when we were planning another trip to Rome, I did not think twice and booked the 3 transfers between the airport/hotel, hotel/cruise ship and then ship/airport with them. The service we received was perfect once again. There were 4 of us with 4 large and 4 small suitcases and when I booked, I asked Jany that we get a minivan to fit all of us and our luggage comfortably. The drivers were on time, very friendly and the vehicles were sparkling clean and comfortable. We could not have asked for anything more. If we ever are in Italy again, we would not hesitate to use RomeInLimo. Our thanks to Jany for making all the arrangements and the nice bottle of wine :-)

Lena

Well we did NOT receive a bottle of wine upon arrival from Rome In Limo but after an overnight flight that was three hours late we were just elated that our RIL driver was waiting for us to whisk us off to our hotel, the Albergo del Senato(sensational hotel!).

After check in, just one hour later we did a 3 hour walking tour of Ancient Rome with RIL. Serena was our guide, as she was at the Vatican the next day. She was wonderful, energetic and with a degree in Art History had an amazing amount of knowledge. She was so helpful in getting us through lines and taking us to places we never would have known about. We were very comfortable with Serena and she seemed to genuinely enjoy her job.

Nicola our driver with RIL the next day was also very good. He drove us all over and again, took us to sites we never would have found. He was on time(early actually) and very knowledgeable.

Rolando drove us to the port and he was great fun telling us stories of Rome and Florence(his favorite city in Italy)

Angelo was our driver in Naples, he was waiting for us when we left the ship and delivered us to Pompeii and our guide Maria before the site actually opened. We were the 2nd & 3rd persons into Pompeii that morning and Maria was great with so much knowledge, lucky for us the rain held off until just minutes before our tour was over.

It was great having a company you could depend on to be there as scheduled and which is also friendly and responseive to your needs. If, no, when, we return to Rome we will certainly contact RIL for their service again.

Short and to the point: Highly Recommended

More detailed: We had a fabulous experience with RomeInLimo during our recent visit to Rome. Our driver Francesco picked us up at 8 AM and had us back at the ship by 4:15 PM. We visited all the well-known historical places as well as some sights that were not on our radar (e.g. Garibaldi square that overlooks the city and the monastery peep hole view of the dome of St. Peter's in the Vatican), had plenty of time to shop and sit for a great lunch at Osteria dei Pontefici (recommended by Francesco) – all at a very comfortable pace. Drop off and pick up was always convenient – practically door to door in some cases (the Italian government is very lenient on where limo services temporarily park when waiting for their clients). Before dropping us off at each place of interest, Francesco would give us a brief history of what we were about to see and for the historical places he used graphics that would show a current picture with an overlay of what it looked like in the past (nice touch – especially for the Circus Maximus and the Coliseum).

Conclusion: Francesco was extremely professional, knowledgeable and a genuinely personable person. If you are visiting Rome for the first time we highly recommend you shoot the locks off the wallet for this experience. We plan on using RIL again (in fact we will specifically ask for Francesco when we return to Rome next year).

Just back from cruise used Romeinlimo. The Vatican guide was well worth her services she was extremely knowledgeable and certainly worthy of a tip from all of us. Not sure about Rome to Pompeii but you can get Romeinlimo at Naples port.

The Romeinlimo tour was the highlight of all our tours and with 4 couples about trhe same price as the ship tour but door to door service no lineup at Vatican or Coliseum. Great experience

We just got back from a Med cruise onboard the Carnival Magic. This trip we decided to do private tours. In Italy we chose RomeInLimo and I can't recommend them enough! They responded to email questions quickly, helped resolve any issues, and were very professional. The tour guide drivers we had were great - gave of loads of information about what we were seeing. They packed alot into one day and didn't just drop us off for hours of "shopping" on our own. The guides again were friendly, helpful, professional and very knowledgeable. Beware of other small companies and always ask if their guides are licensed. We used another company in Sicily and were very disappointed - all we had was a driver - an expensive one at that.:( You will be very happy with Rome In Limo tour company. We used them in Rome, Florence/Pisa, and were scheduled for Naples (the port was cancelled at the last minute due to a ship schedule change). Have a great tour!

We used Rome In Limo early September for a tour of Positano, Amalfi, and Ravello. Our driver, Ciro, was right on time as he met us outside the gate. We highly recommend Rome in Limo. This was our third time in Naples and we enjoyed the luxury of having a private driver for the first time. Ciro was knowledgeable, personable, prompt and we thoroughly enjoyed his company. He took us to a fabulous restaurant for lunch with an astonishing view and very reasonable prices. Don't hesitate to do a tour with them. If we return next year, I am definitely booking with Jany.

A year and a half ago we started our research on our Med/Italy cruise with Royal Caribbean...Hours spent online looking at all the best ways to see as much as we could see in the time allotted at each port...Most of the stops we chose to just take the cruise lines shuttle to the town and do our own sight seeing...Rome was different because of the distance from the port...After reading many reviews on the tour company's that picked you up at the dock and drove you through the Tuscan country side to Rome, we chose Romeinlimo because of all the very good reviews we found...Contacting them online and booking our day with them was a snap...We received immediate conformation of our booking day and received several emails up to the welcome to Rome email...When we arrived at the port of Civitavecchia and got of the ship, on the dock was Alberto, holding the sign with our name and a great big Italian smile...With that we knew this was going to be a great day to see Rome...

Our drive through the country side was a breeze...Alberto described what we were seeing all the way...Information like a tour guide but talking to us like we were is relatives...His english was very good so there wasn't any problems understanding what he was saying...Once in Rome we did a drive through parts of the city that we would not be able to walk to in the time we had so we got to see things that would have been missed if we had just hit the popular spots...We had booked tickets to the Colosseum and the Vatican ahead of time on line and if you are going to see these, my advise is to do the same...You can do everything you need to do online so there is no problems wondering where to get tickets for the sights...Our first stop was the Colosseum and Alberto parked and walked with us to the ticket booth right past everyone standing in line and got us in with no waiting...We were given a cell phone to contact him once we finished the tour on our own and he was there to pick us up with no waiting...On our way to the Vatican we drove side streets and saw other parts of the once Roman Empire, stopping at several places to get closer looks and Alberto described and told us about each one...Our next stop was a really nice little lunch stop with great food and really friendly service...We were seated immediately and enjoyed a stress free lunch...Next stop, the Vatican.. When we arrived at the Vatican, Alberto again walked with us to the entrance, past the lines and got us in, again without standing in the long lines...Again we toured on our own at our own pace and when finished, called Alberto for our pickup...Our drive back to the ship was filled with talk about what we had just seen and Alberto explained things in more detail of what we had seen...Our thought in the beginning was a drive to Rome, tour on our own and then a drive back to the ship...We could not have been more pleased with what we got with Romeinlimo and our driver/narrator Alberto...A truly amazing experience in a truly amazing city...My opinion, you will be very pleased with Romeinlimo...Professional, knowledgeable, and as friendly as you would want them to be...A first rate company....

Thanks Romeinlimo for a perfect day....

John, Carole, Tom, and Debbie from North Carolina