RomeInLimo questions

jalynn

Just returning from more wonderful tours with Rome in Limo! They truely are the best and it is proven once again.

We had groups of 40 persons from Cruise Critic for the Rome Highlights tour with Nick, Maurizio, Salvalore, Roberto and Emanuele as our drivers. They were all very professional and maneuvered around Rome as if it were a small town. Many said later that it was a huge plus to have the private guides for the Vatican, as they saw and learned so much more than they could possibly have on thier own. They were wisked in and about to see all the major attractions of Rome, and a few unexpected ones. The groups were returned back to the ship in plenty of time with no worries. Some folks were a little concerned about traveling the distance to Rome on a private tour with fears of not getting back to the ship on time. It was quickly recognized that these drivers are professionals and experts in "time management"! :-) They never miss a ship! We had vans of 8 persons on most all the tours and by sharing the cost it was so reasonablely priced, far less expensive than ship tours. Thanks to Cruise Critic we were able to go together and share the experiencce and the cost!:D

We had another five groups, totaling 40 persons to tour from Naples to Pompeii, Sorrento and Positano. Our drivers were Rafaelle, Ciro, Grampiero, and Luigi. All were terrific! We also had private guides for Pompeii that is essential to knowing what exactly you are looking at. It was a great day, beautiful weather and a most enjoyable trip. We had a fabulous lunch in a privately owned restaurant in Sorrento, after a a little shopping! Our drive along the Amalifi Coast was exciting and fun! Rafaelle was the driver in my van (I had toured with Rafaelle last year). We sang some easily recognized songs as we drove along and tasted some Italian treats (that the driver offered). It was a wonderful introduction to this area and a welcomed treat to those that had been there before. We stopped at a small roadside fruit stand and tasted some local blood oranges and many bought some prepackaged Italian spices and herbs for cooking, once we returned home. It was a great day.

We also did a custom tour (15 of us) from Livrono to San Gimignano and Volterra. Both were wonderful little towns as was the wine tasting at the small private winery,Torciano, that included our lunch in the wine cellar. It was a wonderful lunch and most humorous entertainment from the owner!It was a good time for all even with ages ranging from 13 to 80+. Our drivers were Vinny and Marzia, and both were surperb! I have toured with Vinny before and he is the most polite, professional man. It was a pleasure to see him and have another day to spend together and learn more about this region in Italy.

I can only say that I would NEVER consider any other company than Rome in Limo. When you have experienced the best, why look at the rest. I have recommended them to many people and have never had anyone ever disagree. They are knowledgeable, professional and very personable folks that I feel like are new friends.

Sorry for the length of the post but I hope some of you will decide to contact RIL and experience Italy the same wonderful way we did. I have "fallen in love" with Italy and alot of that is due to all of the information and touring we have done with Rome in Limo. The drivers share so much information, not only history but local customs, funny stories and trivia. Also, I am not sure that there is an Italian man that cannot sing! :)

If you decide to use Rome in Limo, I can assure you that you will not be disappointed. I am trying to plan our next trip to Italy, and RIL will most difinitely be included!

Rosemarie

We also had a fantastic experience with RomeInLimo. Our driver was Vinnie, and he was very personable and we enjoyed every minute with him! We were picked up right on time when we arrived in port and made great time into the city - it was a lot to see in one day, but Vinnie's expertise made it totally worthwhile!

Vinnie dropped us off for lunch close to the Vatican and we enjoyed a great lunch - they had wonderful Tiramisu!!! After lunch, we met our guide, Giulia, at the Vatican. She was fantastic!! She was very expressive and seemed to genuinely love and enjoy what she did (even though she probably does the same tour every day!!).

We could not have been happier with our choice, and would recommend RomeInTour to absolutely anyone planning a trip to wonderful Rome!!!

We also had a fantastic experience with RomeInLimo. Our driver was Vinnie, and he was very personable and we enjoyed every minute with him! We were picked up right on time when we arrived in port and made great time into the city - it was a lot to see in one day, but Vinnie's expertise made it totally worthwhile!

Vinnie dropped us off for lunch close to the Vatican and we enjoyed a great lunch - they had wonderful Tiramisu!!! After lunch, we met our guide, Giulia, at the Vatican. She was fantastic!! She was very expressive and seemed to genuinely love and enjoy what she did (even though she probably does the same tour every day!!).

We could not have been happier with our choice, and would recommend RomeInTour to absolutely anyone planning a trip to wonderful Rome!!!

We love Vinnie also :) He is fabulous! We had Franco last time, and I adored him also. Franco was the type that I would have loved to have gone home with... met his family... and just spent the day with him seeing his Rome. Other guides are charmers for sure... but Franco was different. In a really good way. I hope I can request him for our upcoming trip!

We booked three tours with Rome in Limo

November 18th Pisa and Florence with Franco as our driver

November 19th Rome with Onofrio as our driver

November 20th Pompeii/Sorrento/Positano with Stefano as our driver

Frankly we were extremely nervous booking these tours outside of the Cruise Line but based on the feedback on Cruise Critic we booked. This was the best decision...

Every time the driver was waiting for us on the dock and quickly whisked us on our way in his Mercedes minivan. Each was very knowledgeable of the city and history as well as the crowds, suggesting modifications etc in order to miss seeing the sites on the same timetable as the large tour buses. they don't just drop you off at the sites; they literally drop you off in front of them explaining the highlights and "don't misses" of the site as well as where to meet them when finished. There is no need for a tour guide!

We love Rome in Limo and they were very reasonably priced (cheaper) compared to the tours offered by the cruise lines. They offer personal and flexible tours while attentive of the very crucial timeline we cruise ship passengers are on without rushing. On each of our tours we had a first class automobile with a first class driver that was extremely knowledgeable on ALL the sights. Each was helpful without being overbearing... we found this to be the common premise of Rome In Limo. We HIGHLY RECOMMEND Rome in Limo.

Could someone please give me a ballpark cost of booking these tours with Rome in Limo for a family of 3 and what the expected tipping amout is ?

Tour prices vary so why not just email them, or go to their website RomeInLimo.com they do have some prices listed there. Jany will sometimes give discounts for multiple tours booked too. Tip is up to you, but we went at least 15% they were that good...especially the Vatican tour guide.

You are looking at around 500 Euros for a 4 pax vehicle for a full day, plus admissions and meals. They give 50 euros off each additional booking. Private tour guides at the Vatican and Pompeii are 150 euros and 100 euros respectively. I am planning on 15-20% tip budget over that for our tours in October (we booked 3 with them)

This is inline or cheaper than RC's per person rates in general and no buses.

Could someone please give me a ballpark cost of booking these tours with Rome in Limo for a family of 3 and what the expected tipping amout is ?

You are looking at around 500 Euros for a 4 pax vehicle for a full day, plus admissions and meals. They give 50 euros off each additional booking. Private tour guides at the Vatican and Pompeii are 150 euros and 100 euros respectively. I am planning on 15-20% tip budget over that for our tours in October (we booked 3 with them)

This is inline or cheaper than RC's per person rates in general and no buses.

And SOOOO much better than a bus!

Thanks so much for the ballpark figures on tours/tipping. This is our first time going to Europe and the information and planning is really daunting. We are on the 12 night Grand Med with Princess this May and I'm just trying to get as organized as I can. Though we have done several cruises, this trip takes planning to a whole new level. I appreciate all the advice I am offered. :)

My husband and I took a Mediterranean cruise with Norwegian in Dec 2009. We hired (splurged) to have a RomeinLimo tour in Rome, Italy. When our ship arrived a little late and we rushed off the ship, we were greeted by Franchesco! From that moment we knew we made the best decision of the whole trip! Franchesco was fabulous! He gave us facts, as much as we wanted, as he took us from place to place. He took us to a fabulous lunch, where we ate some of the best Ravioli ever!

This experience was so fabulous that we are going back in August and this time we have stops in Naples, Rome, and Florence and have booked RomeinLimo for all three stops! Honestly, I can not think of using another company in Italy.

As for the tips, we did pay for all of the entrance fees, we paid at lunch (worth every penny!), and then tipped Franchesco at the end of the tour. We gave approximately 18-20% and honestly it was because of the great experience and service. We could not have asked for better!

Highly Recommend!

Kim

Thanks so much for the ballpark figures on tours/tipping. This is our first time going to Europe and the information and planning is really daunting. We are on the 12 night Grand Med with Princess this May and I'm just trying to get as organized as I can. Though we have done several cruises, this trip takes planning to a whole new level. I appreciate all the advice I am offered. :)

You will have fun, happy planing :)

Hi, my family of four (wife & two boys, 12 & 10) reserved a RomeInLimo tour, but we're interested in increasing the group size (via roll call) to help cut down the price a bit.

How many people should we have in a group to get a price break? Thanks.

Hi, my family of four (wife & two boys, 12 & 10) reserved a RomeInLimo tour, but we're interested in increasing the group size (via roll call) to help cut down the price a bit.

Here are Romeinlimo's prices for a tour out of Naples. Prices are total for group.

Pompeii - Positano - Ravello

Mercedes E Class Sedan 1/2 people

€ 450.00

Book

Mercedes S Class 2/3 people

€ 550.00

Book

Mini-Van 2/3 people

€ 500.00

Book

Multi-Van 3/4 people

€ 500.00

Book

Multi-Van 4/5 people

€ 550.00

Book

Multi-Van 5/6 people

€ 550.00

Book

Multi-Van 6/7 people

€ 600.00

Book

Multi-Van 7/8 people

€ 600.00

Book

Bus 11/12 people

€ 1200.00

Book

Bus 13/14 people

€ 1300.00

Here are Romeinlimo's prices for a tour out of Naples. Prices are total for group.

Pompeii - Positano - Ravello

Mercedes E Class Sedan 1/2 people

€ 450.00

Book

Mercedes S Class 2/3 people

€ 550.00

Book

Mini-Van 2/3 people

€ 500.00

Book

Multi-Van 3/4 people

€ 500.00

Book

Multi-Van 4/5 people

€ 550.00

Book

Multi-Van 5/6 people

€ 550.00

Book

Multi-Van 6/7 people

€ 600.00

Book

Multi-Van 7/8 people

€ 600.00

Book

Bus 11/12 people

€ 1200.00

Book

Bus 13/14 people

€ 1300.00

This is very confusing, your rates and links are NOT the one of RIL but the one of Bob's limousine and tours which is a different company.

In 2010 we used Romeinlimo for Naples/Civiavecchia/Livorno and through the roll call had 8 people total for each port which worked great as they have beautiful vans that fit 8 plus driver comfortably. That would cut your cost in half. :)

Bill

You need to contact Jany directly at Romeinlimo for an accurate description of the tour and a quote.

RomeInLimo info@romeinlimo.com

We shared tours with folks on our Roll Call and found that to be very cost effective. The mini vans are very comfortable.

This is very confusing, your rates and links are NOT the one of RIL but the one of Bob's limousine and tours which is a different company.

Ii copied the original info from romeinlimo site.

Here is the latest from romeinlimo

Duration: 9 hours

Order Now Mercedes A/C Sedan up to 2 people: Euro: 450

Order Now Mercedes A/C Sedan up to 4 people: Euro: 500

Order Now Mercedes A/C Minivan up to 6 people: Euro: 550

Order Now Mercedes A/C Minibus up to 8 people: Euro: 600

Order Now Mercedes A/C Minibus up to 15 people: Euro: 1400

Also remember that anything larger than 8 passengers are including a guide for the day as well. It's not a bad deal. I personally, like to keep private tours to 6 people. I think it's worth the added 12 euros or so. But that is just me. But they are a fantastic tour company whether you are 6 people or 12. Enjoy!

Also remember that anything larger than 8 passengers are including a guide for the day as well. It's not a bad deal. I personally, like to keep private tours to 6 people. I think it's worth the added 12 euros or so. But that is just me. But they are a fantastic tour company whether you are 6 people or 12. Enjoy!

I agree - we did 2 RIL tours - one with 6 people and one with 8. Although both worked well and we were comfortable in both types of vans, the group of 6 felt a little more personalized.

I’m wondering what is the value added by using RIL for a transfer from FCO to our precruise Rome hotel? I understand that taking the train is easy but I have no interest in schlepping my luggage after an all night flight so I can clearly see the value of paying 40 Euro for a taxi. My specific question is what “extra” value does RIL provide over a taxi for a transfer? After reading this thread there is no doubt they provide extra value on tours, but my question is specifically on a transfer.

We booked with Romeinlimo this past November and we were thrilled with the service and our guide. I usually book private guides throughout the world when we travel and not usually through a company. We felt the quality of our guide was terrific and he took care to ensure that all of our needs were met. We have been to Florence and Pisa several times but we were traveling this trip with friends who had never been there.

I was also referred to another company in Barcelona by Romeinlimo and they were just as good.

Karen

I’m wondering what is the value added by using RIL for a transfer from FCO to our precruise Rome hotel? I understand that taking the train is easy but I have no interest in schlepping my luggage after an all night flight so I can clearly see the value of paying 40 Euro for a taxi. My specific question is what “extra” value does RIL provide over a taxi for a transfer? After reading this thread there is no doubt they provide extra value on tours, but my question is specifically on a transfer.

I have done this trip twice and we usually stay in Civitavecchia before we cruise. We have however traveled to Rome and Italy several times.

While others say the train is easy we no longer find carrying luggage on a train and finding places for it as we have done in the past that easy anymore. And this topic always comes up on this thread. I don't know what RIL charges or why they would be better than other transports. We usually have the hotel we stay at pick us up at the A/P but after so spending so much money on a trip it amazes me how people what the cheapest way to get to the port. I might add we drive through Europe all of the time and have taken luggage and trains and booked luggage in train stations until we return to pick it up. But cruise luggage is more than we care to train with.

Karen

I have booked this for 2 of us--I am not getting very far on trying to get others to join from our group--most of them have already booked their tours.

As it is VERY costly for only 2 I am wondering if anyone that has used them ever asked if they had others who might need to join a group for the cost to come down? It would be great for just 2 but way too costly should I just write & ask them or does anyone have any idea if this can be done?

I know we have quite a while to go yet..but I do worry about the cost of this one..so trying to figure out what we can do--I do not want to take the ships bus to edge of the city nor do I want to try to do it ourselves. (we also have a guide for the Vatican & it has also added to the cost).

What date and what ship are you on???