Gratuities

Jancruz

When I was talking to a friend the other day, she asked me if gratuities are prepaid on Azamara does that include in the specialty restaurants..fyi it does not..the specialty restaurants are a completely different entity because in prepaying gratuities one doesnt know how many times you will eat in those restaurants..so for future info..they are not included..

I love eating in both of them and do it as often as I can..We leave on August 9th on Quest again and cant wait!!

Jancruz1

Speaking of which, I know that we allowed 2 reservations for our veranda stateroom to book pre-cruise through the Captain's Club however can we not book any other nights if available for Prime C or Aqualina once on board? I do understand there is the added surcharge pp each time.:confused:

Yes, you can book on board. There is no surcharge but there is a suggested optional gratutity of $5.00 per person. While It is optional, I doubt if many,or even any, do not pay.

Speaking of which, I know that we allowed 2 reservations for our veranda stateroom to book pre-cruise through the Captain's Club however can we not book any other nights if available for Prime C or Aqualina once on board? I do understand there is the added surcharge pp each time.:confused:

Hi CaptainK !

As the last poster metioned, you can book additional nights once you board the ship. I recommend that you book early, as the Specialty Dining venues tend to fill up later in the sailing. Enjoy your Cruise !

One other thought on this, who do we book through once on board?

Thanks in advance for all of the information.

You just go up to the restaurants or call for reservations. Your butler may also offer to make the reservations, but I usually just do it myself.

It is not really considered a "surcharge" the waiters in those 2 restaurants are given the $5 pp so it is a gratuity!

Jancruz1

I would say/guess that you ask upon borading and they will most likely send you to the restaurants themselves to book. I would go immediately, even before going to your cabin for the first time. Speaking of the $5 PP tip-many ships charge $25+ to just eat in their speciality restaurants, so a $5 tip is nothing and the service and food is usually fabulous!!:D

I had a real problem booking before joining Azamara in January and so had to go aboard with no bookings made- afterwards we were told that even though we were in a suite, we were only entitled to one reservation through the Captains Club - has this changed as I see you mention 2 reservations?

I had a real problem booking before joining Azamara in January and so had to go aboard with no bookings made- afterwards we were told that even though we were in a suite, we were only entitled to one reservation through the Captains Club - has this changed as I see you mention 2 reservations?

I do believe it is 2 reservations can be booked through the CC no earlier than 60 days prior prior to sailing. It has to be done by phone with the CC and you have to secure a reservation # from them at that time. I could be mistaken and I am trying to find the source where I read about it. Please correct me if anyone else has information on this. :confused:

New to Azamara so sorry if I should know this. The specialty restaurants do not have a surcharge but rather suggest an optional $5 tip per person? Is that correct?

That is correct, no surcharge just a suggested gratuity.

From what I have now read, it is one reservation. I stand corrected.

I believe the number of specialty restaurant reservations allowed through the Captain's Club varies depending on the length of the cruise. On a 26 day cruise I know for sure they allow more. ----Penny

That is correct, no surcharge just a suggested gratuity.

Thanks but I am still confused. If there is no surcharge why then is the 2 nights of reservations with a balcony consdered a perk? Sorry, I usually catch on but I am finding this confusing. Thanks.

Did anybody pre-book specialty reservations through Cptn's Club prior to sailing? If so, when did you receive confirmation? I have called 4 times and the last time was told that they not only had no record of the prior requests, but also would not receive confirmation until1-2 wks prior to sailing. Is this correct?

Thanks but I am still confused. If there is no surcharge why then is the 2 nights of reservations with a balcony consdered a perk? Sorry, I usually catch on but I am finding this confusing. Thanks.

It's not really a perk, but an amenity offered to all cabins onboard. The perk would be that it's only a suggested gratuity (rather than a charge such as in the Celebrity premium restaurants), and also a perk for the Suites to be able to book a third night as well.

I called the Captains Cub last week to reserve my 2 nights (12 night cruise). I was allowed to "request" one night with a time and a back-up time. Sharon said we had to book the second night once on board. She explained that the "requests" go to the ship where they keep information on the speciaity dining rooms on some sort of spread sheet. She said I would get an email from them (Azamara) about 10 days before the cruise about my request. She logged it in my "history" but said SHE could not send me an email to confirm anything.

I understand the process--just hope it works!!:rolleyes:

Hi Everyone !

Just to clarify.... Per Azamara, you can reserve 1 Specialty Dining meal in advance. I hope this helps !

The problems with people having trouble getting reservations in the specialty restaurants is because everyone tends to make a reservation for only themselves, 2 people. So you have all these couples occupying tables that can hold 4 or 6, thereby limiting the number who can dine in the specialty restaurants each evening. They are never seated to full capacity. If people were willing to join another table like they seat in the main dining room, more people could dine in the specialty restaurants. You can make a reservation through Captain's Club ahead of time to share a table with your friends, but you have to give the other couples booking number along with yours to make the reservation.

If you haven't been able to get in, and you've made friends with someone on the ship who does have a reservation, why not ask if you can join them?

How do you pay the $5.00/person? Do you leave cash or is it put on your card?

They bring a slip that you can sign if you wish, so it goes on your account. You can also leave more than $5 if you want to do that. There is no pressure, though. They have to bring a slip for wine or drinks for most diners anyway.

Lisa

How do you pay the $5.00/person? Do you leave cash or is it put on your card?

Digby, they make it very easy..truth be told sometimes I have to ask..it is very low key..

All I can say is try it you will like it..some of this summer fares on special for June are amazing!!

Jancruz1

Archived