Freedom class or Voyager class? Adventure Beach or Flow Rider?

We are trying to plan our next cruise and we want to try one of the bigger ships. We are trying to compare the Freedom class ships to the Voyager class ships. One of the differences we see is that the FC ships have Flow Rider where the VC ships have Adventure Beach. We are taking two kids that will be around 6-7 age range. Can someone tell me the pros and cons of each for kids?

Also, if there are other differences of any kind, please feel free to help me with the info! Thanks a bunch!!

I don't think a 6 and 7 year old will get much use out of the Flowrider. Unless they are already accomplished surfers/boogie boarders, that will likely be too difficult for them.

The H2O zone is cool, but Adventure Beach has a SLIDE. Which do you think your kids would like more? Water sprayers or a slide?

However, always remember that any of this stuff can be overcrowded and/or closed due to "accidents" in the pool and/or bad weather. So, look at the other things the ship has to offer too, when making your decision.

let's talk about what's really important. cookies are better on the Voyager Class

kids probably don't care though, book the freedom. it doesn't matter if they can do the flowrider, it's worth the try

NOT all Voyager class ships have Advt Beach and not that big of a slide anyway. My now 9 & 6 year old daughters much preferred Liberty and the H2O zone to the Mariner and Explorer. Any of the larger ships will do if the kids first cruise and dollars an issue, but if can go to Freedom class (bigger Promenades with two cafés along) would do.

We are trying to plan our next cruise and we want to try one of the bigger ships. We are trying to compare the Freedom class ships to the Voyager class ships. One of the differences we see is that the FC ships have Flow Rider where the VC ships have Adventure Beach. We are taking two kids that will be around 6-7 age range. Can someone tell me the pros and cons of each for kids?

Also, if there are other differences of any kind, please feel free to help me with the info! Thanks a bunch!!

Just be aware that if you are booking a Voyager class ship for Adventure Beach, only the first three Voyager class ships has Adventure Beach. They are Voyager, Adventure and Explorer. The newer two, Navigator and Mariner, have an expanded teen area instead of Adventure Beach.

There are other differences too. The newer have their balconies built outside the hull and are glass front. They also have both Portofino and Chops, not just one specialty restaurant.

I would go with the Freedom class due to the H2O zone. As others have mentioned, the kids may be too young for the flowrider, but there is a lot for them to do in the H2O zone.

The Adventure beach are on the first 3 Voyager class ships doesn't compare. Will they have fun there, yes, but my vote goes to Freedom class!

Thanks to everyone who responded. It looks like the Freedom class wins the vote. The adventure beach / H2O zone are not the only features we are looking at, but we do want our kids to have a good time. My little guy has been on one prior cruise, but I think he was still a little too young and we all got a virus from the ship, so it was a miserable time. Our most recent cruise, Daddy and me went with other adult friends and left son at home. This time we are going with same adult friends but decided the kids are old enough now. My son is 5 and their daughter is 6 and they are the best of friends. They both love water sprayers, which is what I gather the H2O zone is. We have some of those type things in some parks around where we live and they have a blast!

On the Freedom class we are looking at three different itineraries that are each 7 nights. One on FOS that goes to CocoCay, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas. The other two on LOS: one goes to St. Maarten, San Juan, and Labadee; the other goes to Labadee, Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman, and Cozumel. On the Voyager class we were also looking at three itineraries, all on Explorer. One is 5 night Bermuda which we think is too short (plus we have been to Bermuda twice already, but our friends have not), and the other two are 9 nights which we think may be too long for the kids. That is another reason why I am leaning toward the Freedom class.

If anyone wants to add anything else on the ports I have listed, please do. Also, are the FOS and LOS very similar or are there differences that might make me want one over the other??

They are identical except Liberty is a year newer. The Eastern ports are definitely prettier but the Western are more interesting, so I guess it depends on if you like hitting the beaches or going on tours, I like to hit the beach :D.

We picked Liberty because it leaves from Miami and leaves on Saturday. Canaveral is easier as far as embarkation but it is nowhere near as pretty as Miami. Miami is gorgeous to sail out of, Canaveral isn't much to look at.

They are both great with minor differences, enjoy whichever one you pick.

Archived