Carnival Magic Bookings

calicruise74

I think it is more related to that Splendor began revenue sailings on July 2, but had a non-rev sailing just prior. Don't want to steal the spotlight from the new ship and all.

I think Carnival is also interested in finding out how many are interested in booking Europe for 2011, soooo.

I think Magic bookings will open up before the end of September.

... as in 3 months from now?

I would almost be willing to bet against that.. but, as I mentioned before, the unknown inner workings at CCL are beyond our (well, mine at least) comprehension! :D

Tom

... as in 3 months from now?

I would almost be willing to bet against that.. but, as I mentioned before, the unknown inner workings at CCL are beyond our (well, mine at least) comprehension! :D

Tom

You can book some cruises out to Apr, 2011, today.

June (Magic) is a more popular month for cruising than Sept (Dream). Personally, I think the Magic will start sailing in May. :cool:

You can book some cruises out to Apr, 2011, today.

June (Magic) is a more popular month for cruising than Sept (Dream). Personally, I think the Magic will start sailing in May. :cool:

I hope they do - the earlier they can lay out their plans, and start collecting $$ - the better for everyone (shareholders included) !!

Tom

I hope they do - the earlier they can lay out their plans, and start collecting $$ - the better for everyone (shareholders included) !!

Tom

And people can start saving buckeroos.

People who want to cruise Europe in 2010 needed to find another cruise line. I think Carnival might like to try to limit the defection rate for 2011.

Yes indeed, what a wonderful thing to ponder.

I have not really paid any attention to the issues (previously) with the power lines over the Mississippi. I know at one point there were clearance problems with the Conquest. Has that been fully resolved, and is the Dream any taller than Conquest class ships?

Tom

I have not really paid any attention to the issues (previously) with the power lines over the Mississippi. I know at one point there were clearance problems with the Conquest. Has that been fully resolved, and is the Dream any taller than Conquest class ships?

Tom

The power lines are now under the river, so it's no longer an issue at all :)

• 2 weeks later...
I think Carnival is also interested in finding out how many are interested in booking Europe for 2011, soooo.

You remember how splendiforous our Salsas 49ers cruise was on Splendor, right? I have suggested to John Heald that he should petition head office to consider something very special for the Magic: like possibly a "grand tour of the Mediterranean". Let's all spread this rumour far and wide.......

Jim

You remember how splendiforous our Salsas 49ers cruise was on Splendor, right? I have suggested to John Heald that he should petition head office to consider something very special for the Magic: like possibly a "grand tour of the Mediterranean". Let's all spread this rumour far and wide.......

Jim

true, but I was also on the first three Splendor cruises - Went from Genoa, Italy all the way to St Petersburg before ending up at Dover. Now THAT was grand. ;) It could happen again.

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/splendor/splendor.htm

I just have to say that the name "Magic" is about as un-original a name as the could possibly have come up with. Could they not find a word which was not already the name of another similar ship?

Like the Disney Magic?? lmao. Yep, they are out of names obviously. When you say Freedom, folks dont know which cruiseline, and others, its confusing. You would think they could find a new name that wasnt already being used.

I just have to say that the name "Magic" is about as un-original a name as the could possibly have come up with. Could they not find a word which was not already the name of another similar ship?

agreed... and on the 'what would you name a new ship' thread - whatever it's called, i think i came up with a good 20 that were better names myself... not to mention - all the others. :)

Carnival Magic's delivery date is April 29th 2011 so if it stays in Europe and cruises from say Civitavecchia, at least on the first trip, then the maiden voyage would be around May 2nd but even if she went to the US it would still begin cruising during May 2011 and not June 2011.

Carnival Magic's delivery date is April 29th 2011 so if it stays in Europe and cruises from say Civitavecchia, at least on the first trip, then the maiden voyage would be around May 2nd but even if she went to the US it would still begin cruising during May 2011 and not June 2011.

Maybe the June 2011 date is when she will start sailing from her homeport in the US?

i think these area all better / more original names than 'magic'...

Carnival Journey, Carnival Odyssey, Carnival Expedition, Carnival Felicity, Carnival Solace, Carnival Ambrosia, Carnival Serenity, Carnival Tranquility, Carnival Pinnacle, Carnival Utopia, Carnival Delight, Carnival Rapture, Carnival Rhapsody, Carnival Euphoria, Carnival Exuberance, Carnival Jubilation, Carnival Delight, Carnival Tribute, Carnival Ovation, Carnival Prestige, Carnival Resolute, Carnival Enterprise, Carnival Endeavour, Carnival Discovery, Carnival Vanquish, Carnival Wonder, Carnival Prodigy, Carnival Essence, Carnival Mirage, Carnival Sublime, Carnival Marvel, Carnival Neptune, Carnival Atlantis, Carnival Triton, Carnival Phenom, Carnival Regal, Carnival Gallant, Carnival Venture, Carnival Excalibur, Carnival Constellation, Carnival Excelsior, Carnival Intrepid, Carnival Challenger, Carnival Galaxy, Carnival Reliant, Carnival Equinox, Carnival Nautilus

since they're renaming purser desk = guest services, supper club = steak house... why not the new ship lol :)

I've read before that it would be May, but nobody would confirm.

Anyway, I predict a season of European cruise before the crossing and Magic's new home port of New Orleans. ;)

i think these area all better / more original names than 'magic'...

Carnival Journey, Carnival Odyssey, Carnival Expedition, Carnival Felicity, Carnival Solace, Carnival Ambrosia, Carnival Serenity, Carnival Tranquility, Carnival Pinnacle, Carnival Utopia, Carnival Delight, Carnival Rapture, Carnival Rhapsody, Carnival Euphoria, Carnival Exuberance, Carnival Jubilation, Carnival Delight, Carnival Tribute, Carnival Ovation, Carnival Prestige, Carnival Resolute, Carnival Enterprise, Carnival Endeavour, Carnival Discovery, Carnival Vanquish, Carnival Wonder, Carnival Prodigy, Carnival Essence, Carnival Mirage, Carnival Sublime, Carnival Marvel, Carnival Neptune, Carnival Atlantis, Carnival Triton, Carnival Phenom, Carnival Regal, Carnival Gallant, Carnival Venture, Carnival Excalibur, Carnival Constellation, Carnival Excelsior, Carnival Intrepid, Carnival Challenger, Carnival Galaxy, Carnival Reliant, Carnival Equinox, Carnival Nautilus

since they're renaming purser desk = guest services, supper club = steak house... why not the new ship lol :)

A number of those are/were in use by other cruise lines :confused:

A number of those are/were in use by other cruise lines :confused:

not to mention the fact... well, ok, i am now... that 'magic' is currently in use by another cruise line:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/dcl/en_US/onboard/about/landing?name=AboutOurShipsLandingPage&bhcp=1

i don't really understand your inquiry, that being considered :confused:

:p

i would just as soon have original names, but they didn't ask me.

agreed. me either. and as aforementioned, there are plenty of original names... that me - a mere consumer - came up with...

they don't seem to care. and neither does any other cruise line. they all repeat names.

even if they're sub par. i don't think that should happen...

but they didn't ask me... or you... :)

Archived