Anyone else disappointed in todays ncl "sale"

karen327

I never have found any of the big "sales" to anything special for any of the cruise lines. I have always found a better deal on my own by working with various TAs to get the best price and then watching for price drops.

I usually don't even read the promotional e-mails I receive.

I never have found any of the big "sales" to anything special for any of the cruise lines. I have always found a better deal on my own by working with various TAs to get the best price and then watching for price drops.

I usually don't even read the promotional e-mails I receive.

Agree.

I have yet to book a cruise under a "special", I do now some friends that can take advantage of last minute deals but since they have the ability to drive to a port and I do not, that is normally not an option considering airfares being what they are.

I may look at the emails but normally just delete them.

No gimmicks...not all sales are reduced pricing. I was under the impression that it would be a reduced deposit sale. Has anyone priced out a cruise to see if that is the case?

We booked our Med cruise last month with a 50% deposit and got a price drop 2 weeks later. That's good enough for me.

Our Bermuda cruise AF cabin went up $300 per person since yesterday. 3rd person went from 199 to 399, but you get $100 obc!

So for $800 more one would get $100 OBC.:rolleyes:

We booked early to BDA, got the cabin we wanted for a fair amount less than the "Sale" and got more OBC.:)

It's Marketing 101 and for anyone who doesn't know any better, they think they're getting a deal because, afterall, it says SALE.;)

We were planning to book NCL for a 14 day European Cruise ....our TA put a courtesy hold on 2 cabins 2 days ago and was told by the NCL agent that we would be eligible for the OBC promotion along with the reduced deposits and they would hold the cabins until today. Even said that since it was a 14 day cruise, we would get a larger OBC. Well, spoke to the TA today, the cabins were released early by NCL and as a result, the rate went up more than $250.00 pp and the OBC is 75.00 whether it is a 6 day cruise or a 14 day cruise.

For me, this was not a sale at all. :(

We were planning to book NCL for a 14 day European Cruise ....our TA put a courtesy hold on 2 cabins 2 days ago and was told by the NCL agent that we would be eligible for the OBC promotion along with the reduced deposits and they would hold the cabins until today. Even said that since it was a 14 day cruise, we would get a larger OBC. Well, spoke to the TA today, the cabins were released early by NCL and as a result, the rate went up more than $250.00 pp and the OBC is 75.00 whether it is a 6 day cruise or a 14 day cruise.

For me, this was not a sale at all. :(

NCL normally only allows a 24 hour courtesy hold...which is why your cabins were released. Your TA should have asked them to extend it.

For a long time now cruise fares have been known go up and down more due to the bookings of the ship more than any one day across the board sale. This has been so for years and years of dynamic pricing. Nothing has changed.

Considering this year's fares are the lowest in years, with the cruise lines stocks and profits taking a big hit during this recession, its been noticed that these sale prices don't reflect a larger reduction. Frankly, the cruise lines have already reduced the fares to the point of going broke as it, reducing them further would only increase the possibility of them doing broke sooner.

While I am sure the consumers wish for even lower prices, none of the cruise lines want to drop their prices further. No one is in business to lose money....

For a long time now cruise fares have been known go up and down more due to the bookings of the ship more than any one day across the board sale. This has been so for years and years of dynamic pricing. Nothing has changed.

Considering this year's fares are the lowest in years, with the cruise lines stocks and profits taking a big hit during this recession, its been noticed that these sale prices don't reflect a larger reduction. Frankly, the cruise lines have already reduced the fares to the point of going broke as it, reducing them further would only increase the possibility of them doing broke sooner.

While I am sure the consumers wish for even lower prices, none of the cruise lines want to drop their prices further. No one is in business to lose money....

hey don...you're so right. leaving all the "options" out...it's still one of the best ways to vacation.

by the way...i can't help but keep thinking you are the Gorton's Fisherman.

About a month ago I was surfing around and came across an unbelievable price for a 12 day Med cruise on the Jade. So I booked a BA aft facing room and forgot about it. I was telling one of my friends about it and she went to book- Yikes the same cagagory is now $1200 more total for the cabin. If I see something I like I book it then and there. Waiting for "sales" can end of costing you more.

NJHorseman - NCL advised the TA of the date they would hold it until. She is a very experienced agent, so I am not doubting that they told her that they would hold it for 2 days and we needed to firm up the booking today. So - yes - she was given an extension and they did go in and release it.

Archived