SW Airlines through January 2010

tinkerme1

We just booked our Southwest airfare for our 12/1 Oasis cruise. Flying down Thanksgiving a.m. to have turkey dinner with friends in Pompano Beach and then spend a few days pre-cruise in Florida.

Rick and Deirdra

Thanks for the heads up...going to look now for Oasis cruise. :)

EDIT: Well, it's not quite open through January 2010.........only open until Jan 08 2010. Guess I'm still waiting! :(

Book the first leg at the lower price now and then do the other oneway when extended dates open up.

I'm waiting for bookings on SW to open for March. I'm thinkining by the end of the summer maybe?? :)

Karen

You still won't make the next opening.

On September 3, they will open up schedule for sale through March 12, 2010.

Boy SW is sure changing prices fast. I booked FLL to Dallas to Little Rock for Nov. 8, 2009.

I just checked to see if the prices had changed any today and saw that they had gone up by $25.99 for the two of us.

I will keep checking the prices over the next few weeks to see if they go down.

Hypo

I've never booked with SW before, but I had heard good things about them, so I waited for the schedule to open today and booked my flight for my November sailing.

I didn't realize though, that SW is open seating. I'm travelling with my kids. How is the open seating arrangement? Chaotic or okay?

I've never booked with SW before, but I had heard good things about them, so I waited for the schedule to open today and booked my flight for my November sailing.

I didn't realize though, that SW is open seating. I'm travelling with my kids. How is the open seating arrangement? Chaotic or okay?

It is not bad at all.... 24 hours before your flight, check in online and you will be provided a boarding group & #.... it is all explained at SW's website and I have never had a problem in finding seats together when having either an "A" or "B" boarding group #....

Check this out for "Boarding Class Lessons" ! http://www.southwest.com/help/boardingschool/index.html

I have been a SW booking maniac today!! We had 3 roundtrip freebies, and one paid one way for our family cruise in December. Got all that done as soon as they opened it up this morning.

Then, later today we decided to bring Grandma home with us for Christmas, so I was switching her flights all around.

Now, I get another roundtrip freebie the end of this week, and we do one way for our son and his fiance. I only hope there's some seats left out of FLL on the day we come back, but they don't live in a super popular area for people to be cruising: Detroit. That place is hit super hard by the economy and the car giants going belly-up. Son and fiance live and work in Ann Arbor, so they are good.

Whew!!!

That's weird...I'm still showing 10/30/09..guess I'll try again later.

If you're clicking on the tab at the right-hand side of the screen, that has yet to be updated (although they might have done it between the time you posted and now). Click on the tab at the left side of the top of the screen and that will show the extended dates. (I went through the same thing yesterday.)

• 2 weeks later...
Book the first leg at the lower price now and then do the other oneway when extended dates open up.

Is there any advantage monetarily to book RT vs One Way? We need to fly from Sacramento to Ft Lauderdale on 1/1/10 for our Oasis cruise on 1/2/10, then come back on 1/9/10. Looks like we'll have to wait until September to book the return flight. Is it better to book separate 1-way flights, or just wait until the books open in September, and book the entire RT flight?

If the one way flight is within the price you were hoping to pay.... book it now, as it could increase in price once the return flight date opens up. Seems with SW,,, r/t or one way flights are treated the same w/out discount for r/t flights.

I agree. SW sells their flights in segments, so it's the same whether is roundtrip or one way. I have booked a free segment, and then a paid return.

Be sure to watch your prices, because you can always cancel and rebook at a lower fair, also, if there are seats available on your flight. You just re-use the funds for the new fare, and the remainder is a credit to use for a future flight, or you can get a refund for a fee.

Archived