New items on the lido breakfast buffet

michelle2

What other items would you request if possible?

We would love to have biscuits and sausage gravy.

On our last Fantasy cruise there were biscuits on the buffet every other morning - I didn't notice whether or not there was gravy. I've never put gravy on a biscuit - I know a lot of people like it, but it just seems wrong to me! :)

I wish they would make the scrambled eggs more dry... They're like little wet sponges.... Too mushy.... Also, can't they lay down a cloth for under the bacon ? At least to give the appearence of not seeing all that grease...

I would like to see the hash browns made different as well....

What other items would you request if possible?

We would love to have biscuits and sausage gravy.

For the uneducated among us (mainly me) were the eggs still in the shell or peeled?

I've never seen or eaten a breaded egg, but they absolutely would have to be peeled . Cannot imagine biting into a breaded eggshell while half awake!:eek::D

I wish they would make the scrambled eggs more dry... They're like little wet sponges.... Too mushy.... Also, can't they lay down a cloth for under the bacon ? At least to give the appearence of not seeing all that grease...

We go to the omlette station, they'll cook your eggs anyway you like em!

I will definetly take advantage of eggs beneditc!! You used to have to go to the dining room for that dish! I think is wise to have it on Lido as majority of people dine there...After reading Cruise COnfidential, I will stick with Lido buffet and go to the dining room for dinner only!!!

Please explain why. You've left us all hanging.........

Well, if a dining room brekfast items is no available on Lido, why go to the dining room and wait. If you read the book you would soon learn that breakfast in the dining room is one of the least favoured jobs by the waiters because it is a free for all for food orders.

quote=jawas ...also, an English thing (baked beans :)).

Yes, the Brits like savory for breakfast and sweets at tea time; one of the main reasons Krispy Kreme did poorly when they expanded their stores to Europe a few years ago.

On Glory earlier this year two days they had the best breakfast potatoes. They were near where the omelets were cooked and they were like baked potatoes cut up with onions and fried. OMG I could eat the whole tray of them. Nothing like the other potatoes at all. I wish they had them every day, but probably better for my health that they don't.

[quote name='dan40']I've never seen or eaten a breaded egg, but they absolutely would have to be peeled . Cannot imagine biting into a breaded eggshell while half awake!:eek::D[/quote]

The eggs sound like some version of scotch eggs.
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch_egg[/url]

And as for the baked beans, they are part of a traditional English breakfast.

Maybe they are working on some kind of British themed breakfast.

[quote name='mzloolue']The eggs sound like some version of scotch eggs.
[URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotch_egg[/URL]

And as for the baked beans, they are part of a traditional English breakfast.

Maybe they are working on some kind of British themed breakfast.[/quote]

Scotch eggs sounds way better than plain breaded eggs, NOT GOOD, but way better!:D

Princess, being much more British than Carnival always has baked beans on the breakfast buffet. Been too long since I was on Cunard to remember if they did to. Too long and breakfast is not my brightest meal.:rolleyes:

Us Brits love baked beans with our fried eggs, sausages, bacon and mushrooms for our breakfast. We can't understand why you would want maple syrup on yours :D

Scotch eggs (hardboiled, peeled, with sausage meat moulded round them, and coated in breadcrumbs and fried) are great, but Brits don't have them for breakfast. Saying that, I might possibly have one if it was available.

I saw deep fried boiled eggs made on Food Network. I think it was Paula Deen and she used Panko breadcrumbs. The cheese roll was probably a cheese kolache...a sweet roll with cream cheese in the middle. Not sure about eating beans for breakfast but I know at Mexican cafes they have refried beans on the breakfast menu. And biscuits and gravy are to die for...give it a try.

[quote name='thelmalou']Please explain [U]why[/U]. You've left us all hanging.........[/QUOTE]
I'm not sure why the OP only does dinner in the MDR, but I can tell you why we do it that way, we like to eat outside at every opportunity (breakfast and lunch) but also don't want to miss the dinner dining experience in the dining room.

We were on the Splendor a week earlier than the OP. It was out first Carnival cruise after 16 on other lines. Hubby liked the scrambled eggs on the buffet, but he hate dry eggs. Bacon was super greasy--they didn't seem to drain it. Omlet station also used lots of greasy but very tasty. Eggs Benedict had an odd topping--definitely not hollandaise sauce--both buffet and DR.

My biggest breakfast disappointment--no smoked salmon on the breakfast buffet. A bagel with cream cheese, capers and smoked salmon is my fav cruise breakfast while DH hits the hot buffet. After 16 other cruises with smoked salmon, I was shocked that I had to drag DH away from his buffet to the dining room just so I could have smoked salmon. Is Carnival always that chincy?

Just my humble opinion here... but with the fantastically rich dinners, and the hearty lunches, and the snacks... breakfast is a good time for coffee and a bowl of cereal, don't you think?

On a cruise, if I have to compromise something in the way of food, Breakfast would be it!

Smoked salmon is available on the room service menu. If you don't want oil at the egg omlet station, just tell them to use the spray or dry-they'll be happy to do it. I was glad to see on the Miracle in Jan. the addition of chicken sausage on the buffet as I'm not a beef or pork eater. It's good to see Carnival adding new things to their breakfast buffet.
Pat

[quote name='sappygirl']Baked beans for breakfast.:confused: I would not want to start of the day eating baked beans.;):)[/QUOTE]

If you are from England you would. Baked beans, blood sausage, and
fried tomatoes :eek:

Archived