Stateroom Assignment Question

Hopefully someone more experienced with RCI can help me with this. In our past Carnival cruises, we typically booked Guarantee cabin assignments for the lower price and accept whatever assignment we're given. With this FOS booking, we requested a D1 stateroom and were given a list of available cabins by our TA, then asked to pick one. We opted for 1402 aft balcony, as 1400 and 1700 aft-corner / pole cabins were already booked, and are assigned that cabin per RCI's website. My question is, what are the chances of RCI moving us? We are a family of four, which limits the cabins we are able to be in? We're hoping that RCI won't move us without asking first, but understand they have the right to do so. Any info would be greatly appreciated.....we're really in love with the huge aft balcony, but not so much with the long walk involved, but are willing to make the sacrifice.....besides, we need the exercise.

Hopefully someone more experienced with RCI can help me with this. In our past Carnival cruises, we typically booked Guarantee cabin assignments for the lower price and accept whatever assignment we're given. With this FOS booking, we requested a D1 stateroom and were given a list of available cabins by our TA, then asked to pick one. We opted for 1402 aft balcony, as 1400 and 1700 aft-corner / pole cabins were already booked, and are assigned that cabin per RCI's website. My question is, what are the chances of RCI moving us? We are a family of four, which limits the cabins we are able to be in? We're hoping that RCI won't move us without asking first, but understand they have the right to do so. Any info would be greatly appreciated.....we're really in love with the huge aft balcony, but not so much with the long walk involved, but are willing to make the sacrifice.....besides, we need the exercise.

If they move you (chances are pretty rare though it´s not impossible) they most likely will not ask you prior to the move or let alone ask you. You should have your TA note on your reservation a do not upgrade message.

Does this mean that one can request a certain available cabin when booking a GTY on RCCL??? I guess I had not heard of requesting a cabin with GTY bookings. (newbie here)

No, it look like Op normally books a GTY on Carnival but booked an assigned cabin or RCI

Your chance of being upgraded are slim to none, especially when you book a specific cabin.

My SIL was "upgraded" without notification from her cabin that was specifically booked to be close to our cabin and another cruisers cabin. One deck up, opposite end of the ship. The TA was not told about it but had not "red flagged" it as not to be upgraded.

I have heard many instances where people have been upgraded at the pier--usually to their happiness finding they went from a balcony to a suite (lol). I'm still waiting for my "happiness."

Tucker in Texas

Archived