Crown and Anchor Gifts help

I have been trying to find the thread that discusses the lack of gifts for C&A society members, i.e., those who have sailed one or more Royal Caribbean cruises. Previously, gifts were left in our stateroom upon our next voyage. However, the loyalty gifts have been stopped. I am sure a thread was put through initially when this happened; however, I am not on these boards regularly and missed it, as I am sure have many others.

I think that a group like we have here on Cruise Critic could make a difference, and by speaking out in letters to Adam Goldstein, maybe we could let him know our concern about these changes. Additionally, because I know there to be numerous creative and intelligent minds on these boards (as I have learned so much from so many), I believe we can come up with some solutions to help them in their quest for economizing without neglecting loyalties.

For example, since pictures are trashed eventually anyway, why not give us a free picture? At the very least, those of us who have purchased pictures in the past and are not very interested in purchasing anymore or even looking at them, will have to go through them and might be tempted to buy another. We get our gift without costing them anything, and they may sell more than they would have otherwise. Win/win!

Other suggestions before I write my letter?

There were many, many folks on here who complained and complained about the hats.

Well, RCCL reads these boards and probably saw that their gifts were not appreciated.

If RCCL should begin the program again, I hope people will not complain about something they receive for free!

Too me personally this is not a major issue; I know some people are upset about this, but a lot of people chimed in that they did not really care about the gifts. I am more upset about the decreased usefulness of the coupons provided in the Crown & Anchor coupon book. I would like to see the coupon book improved (now virtaully all but a couple of them are worthless).

I am more upset about the decreased usefulness of the coupons provided in the Crown & Anchor coupon book. I would like to see the coupon book improved (now virtaully all but a couple of them are worthless).

Bingo! The coupon books make as much sense as the Diamond/Diamond+ coupon for $150 off a balcony cabin when the D/D+ discount is $200 and you cannot combine.

We received 2 canvas beach totes on our recent Mariner cruise and they were VERY much appreciated. Thank you RCI!!

Although, this wasn't a fancy gift it was a nice guesture that is truly appreciated. A week later after our cruise, we have used them 3-4 times already.

I hope RCI keeps up some kind of gift for the returning guest. I'm sure they also realize that it can pay for itself since you are essentially walking around with a bad (or hat) advertising Royal Caribbean International;-)

there were many, many folks on here who complained and complained about the hats.

Well, rccl reads these boards and probably saw that their gifts were not appreciated.

If rccl should begin the program again, i hope people will not complain about something they receive for free!

brrrrrrrrravo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were on Rhapsody at the beginning of June and got no gifts.

I agree with the poster who said we shouldn't complain about something we get for free. I would have liked to get something just as appreciation for my business.

I think most of the old complaints were not about getting the gift but about getting the same gift again. RCCL was giving out the same generic RCCL item on every ship for a long time. I remember of my Voyager cruise years ago we got an item embroidered with a Voyager image and the name. On our Liberty cruise it was just a generic RCCL item. If they would have been adding the ship name, even if it was the same exact item, it would have stopped the complaints as it was a nice souvenir from the cruise rather than just a RCCL item.

>>>they left coupon books which were totally useless.

Halfway through the cruise they left very nice canvas bags. They were large & had the logo on them. I was surprised they left one for me AND one for my husband.

Most cruise lines only leave one per cabin.

We are NOT Diamond !

There were many, many folks on here who complained and complained about the hats.

Well, RCCL reads these boards and probably saw that their gifts were not appreciated.

If RCCL should begin the program again, I hope people will not complain about something they receive for free!

I didn't mind the gifts. I think maybe they should check with cruisers to see if they want gifts or not. Those that don't, won't get them, those that do, will. Maybe when you log onto the site they can ask like something like: "Beds together or apart", "Crown & Anchor gift yes or no" Those that say no, won't get them. Don't mind me, I'm just cruise crazy right now. I have a little over two months to go and it's beginning to chomp at my brain:eek:

I love the small tote that we received on Jewel of the Seas a few years ago. Mainly because is says Jewel of the Seas so it is a nice memento. (I still have and use the waist-pack bags with ship names, too.)

On Explorer of the Seas this past April we received the C&A baseball caps.

Our next cruise is on Jewel of the Seas Oct/Nov and I am so hoping that the supply of beach bags I have seen posted are still around!

Of course I have also read that come Sept. 1st we will no longer receive anything.:(

I like having my cruise memories.

The gifts are a nice perk, but they certainly don't make or break my cruise experience. And really, there has been a lot of griping about the gifts lately. I mean really, why bother when people aren't appreciative?

I actually like the OP's idea about giving us a free photos ... seems sensible to me.

I never complained about the hats. I never got one.

We were on the 6/28/09 sailing of AOS out of San Juan. We did not receive our CA gift in our room. I contacted the guest services desk and they said that RCCL was not doing the gifts anymore. When I returned home I called CA and they noted that if the ship had run out of gifts then we would not receive them. Guess they gave them all away.

On Freedom June 7 - 14 sailing, was the first to cut off the C&A gift. They were out of the beach bag, but the kids still continue to get their bags, but don't know for how long though.

Our room attd. said that the sailing before us took all the bags for their passengers after they heard about the cut off.

We asked cruise amb. about the gift, she said that they don't tell her anything and made her be a bad guy:D

We told her that we heard about the going to discontinue on gift. She asked us where and how. We told her on the internet and CC:D, she said we are ahead of her.:D

Archived