And You Know You're Addicted To Sea Dream When?

You guys crack me up. :p

We booked our Regent Alaskan excursions as soon as you could on line, and when we finished, we realized that we had mostly chosen "select" excursions and our total cost was $2400! Man, we found ourselves float planing, helicoptering, speed cating, and bear viewing. Yikes. For sure, at least one of us could do a SD Caribbean cruise for a week.

Just last week, I had an austerity attack (I hate those) and went in and made changes, dumping several of the high cost ones, and then ending up on wait lists for some of the included "free" ones (had I been smart when I originally booked the excursions, there would be no wait lists for us).

We did end up keeping the "Dog Sledding on the Mendenhall Glacier Via Helicopter." It's very pricey, but there are so many places we want to see that we're not big on going back to same places, so I thought it just seemed too cool not to take advantage of it while we're there for probably our one and only time.

And you're right, FT, you're the OP, so hijacking is an impossibility. At least, I think that's what the rule book says.

we were in Alaska a couple of years back ... and did the helicopter onto the glacier trip and the dog sledding (we weren't on a cruise so fixed it separately) and the helicopter trip was something we will all remember until we die - one of my real once in a lifetime experiences ... don't cut back and miss it ...

the dogs were ok - not special and they didn't look like I imagined ... much more "streamlined" not so fluffy!

if we ever redid our trip to Alaska again we would do the heli ride for sure and also the trip on a boat up to the glacier that took a day - stunning, amazing and one of my top 10 life experiences - the rest of the trip .... ho hum lol! But it will be better on a cruise I reckon - we were in Juno at a B and B and actually - Juno is great for a quick stop then you need to move along not stay for a week!

Thank you joannas. Makes us more confident in our decisions. Can't wait to hear FT's report.

Now, back to topic. You know you're addicted to SeaDream when you and your daughter-in-law bond over SD cruises more than even grandchildren (her children). Are we awful? ;)

Thank you joannas. Makes us more confident in our decisions. Can't wait to hear FT's report.

Now, back to topic. You know you're addicted to SeaDream when you and your daughter-in-law bond over SD cruises more than even grandchildren (her children). Are we awful? ;)

That is horrid:D:p:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Your DH, who had to spend or lose 12,500 Lufthansa miles, uses them in Munich to buy you a Bvlgari traveler sampler which means you can take the wonderful scents of the yacht with you when you travel:eek:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You know you are addicted to SD, when you want the football season that doesn't start for 6 weeks to hurry up and end so you can get on board December 23rd!

and I love my SEC football

• 2 weeks later...
You know you are addicted to SD when you keep the St. John Spice Cam, with its wonderful view of Cruz Bay toward St. Thomas, open in a tab because you will be there in about 200 days on SD!:p

Where ya been, DJ? That works with the Soggy Dollar webcam too!:D Can sometimes see SD in the background.

Where ya been, DJ? That works with the Soggy Dollar webcam too!:D Can sometimes see SD in the background.

Love the Soggy Dollar webcam too Jim!

Have been busy with rehabbing my foot/ankle after a fall and clearing the cobwebs after a concussion from another nasty fall:rolleyes:

Nothing some time on SD wouldn't cure!

Have been busy with rehabbing my foot/ankle after a fall and clearing the cobwebs after a concussion from another nasty fall:rolleyes: Nothing some time on SD wouldn't cure!

Yikes! :eek: Well, in keeping with this thread....

You know you're addicted to SD when: You have total empathy for a fellow passenger who posts in the same online forum - even though you have never personally met them!

DJ, take care of yourself... Sounds like you need some r&r and a little pampering, so maybe tell your doctor you'll heal a lot faster if he/she prescribes a nice, relaxing SD cruise! :D

• 3 weeks later...

...when you're in Las Vegas and you keep looking for your light switch on the outside of your bathroom. :)

Why are cruise light switches like that anyway? I know electricity and water don't mix--is it just presumed that the whole room will be wet?