What is your favorit ship you have been on?

JoKen1

My all time favorite is HAL Westerdam, followed by Celerity Constellation.

Then for nostalgic reasons, the old Pacific Princess (TV show-Love Boat) and Carnival Tropicale.(first cruise) Neither ship was much- both were only okay-as they were both very old-but still much better than the Carnival fantasy class ships.

After that the Disney Wonder.

After that, it is Celebrity Zenith, RCI Sovereign of the Seas, and HAL Statendam. I liked these equally.

Then I liked NCL Pearl, Carnival Miracle and Caribbean Princess equally. These held a bit more PAX than I like.

Then RCI mariner of the Seas.

The very worst were Carnival Fascination and Inspiration. They held less PAX than some of the others, so not as crowded, but the design and decor of these ships was absolutely awful.

If I count the Seaescape dump that I took a ferry ride to Freeport on-if I count that-it would be the worst-but I don't count that.

I don't think I left any ships out that I have step foot on.

I agree with you, Dianne. It does not have the "cookie cutter" appearance of the various cruise line classes of ships. It is totally unique. Like you, I also liked the size. The seating in the aft is so wonderful and quiet.

The decor of the Spirit is exciting, yet relaxing in its own way. And the staff and crew we had on our past 2 sailings set the bar on service quality.

I've always said that the staff, officers and entire crew exemplify the name of their ship.

We're back on the Spirit in November and can't wait to sail her again.

Dianne

I just googled the name (sorry, way too new at cruising but trying to catch up) and OMG, what a beautiful ship!!! Those of you who sailed her were obviously very lucky.

Personally, I've only cruised once so I don't think my vote counts but the Crown Princess is quite lovely :)

Miriam

I've sailed on the Crown also. Very nice ship. We did the Emerald also which is a twin to the Crown on a Trans Atlantic from Italy to Lauderdale. That was one of our best cruises.

'Paul Gauguin' (Radisson Seven Seas, now Regent)

Celebrity 'Horizon'

(Also love Royal Caribbean's 'Radiance of the Seas' and HAL' Statendam')

Royal Caribbean 'Voyager of the Seas' was awesome.

Presently my favorite ship is the Coral Princess...loved the size, the crew and the trip to Alaska. However I agree with other posters that the NCL Norway was truely in a class all of her own. We sailed on this ship over 20 years ago and still have wonderful memories. It didn't hurt that we were upgraded to a suite at the last minute. Oh, what a wonderful week and it was our 10th wedding anniversary.

All time favourite currently is Costa Allegra :)

She's small, she's quirky and she's as comfy as an old pair of slippers...oh and her crew are second to none :)

[I]Just hoping that the powers at be within CCL/Costa don't decide to get rid of her for a few more years :o[/I]

NCL Spirit is my favorite ship. I like that its big enough to keep you as busy as you want to be, but not so big that after a week you still can't find your cabin when your coming back from the pool. I've been on the Mariner of the Seas and the Caribbean Princess, both of which are considered mega liners, and I found them just too big for me. I was getting lost on the Mariner up until the last day.

[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]We've been on NCL and Carnival.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Favorite NCL ship: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][COLOR=indigo]Tie between the former NCLA Pride of Hawaii (now NCL Jade) and the Pearl. There were elements of both that we really liked and some things were similar.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]What we liked about each that makes it so hard to choose one above the other -[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]•(PoH's) theater curtain and hallway leading into the theater.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]•(PoH's) bar with lighted plastic "glass" sea creatures.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]•(PoH's) hull art and wall paintings around the outside decks. [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]•(PoH's) Hawaiian themed items. [/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]•(PoH's) Dale Chihuly glass flowers on the ceiling.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]•(Pearl's) Bliss Ultra Lounge with the bowling alley.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]•(Pearl's) hull art and wall paintings around the outside decks.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]•(Pearl's) awesome animal pictures in the stairway landings at the front of the ship, if I remember the location correctly.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]•(Pearl's) Dale Chihuly blue glass sculpture in the atrium.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]•(Pearl's) Buffet. Though we were blown away at the large variety of items and the quality of the items on PoH's[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]buffet, the Pearl's buffet topped it by having an even larger variety of items and still had the great quality of the other ship.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]These ships are sister ships so are similar in many ways. Both are beautiful inside and out. They have color but it's done in a tasteful way. Makes them exciting to explore. There are great places to sit and people watch and lots of things one can do so boredom should not be a problem sailing on these ships. The ships are a nice size - not too big or too little.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]Favorite Carnival ship:[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]Legend...hands down.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]•It's easy to get around without getting lost or having to go from one deck level to another to get from one area to another.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]•It carries 2,000+ passengers, but it doesn't feel crowded.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]•The pool areas are divided which makes one quieter than the other.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]•The glass section on the funnel is different. (Other Carnival Spirit class ships, which the Legend is one of four, have this too.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][COLOR=#4b0082]•The toned-down interior colors/theme.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Archived