Sapphire 2010 transpacific

Thumper69

Hope you see this Pia.

Wow just got a great deal on the 2010 Sydney - LA $4706.00 AC including taxes and port charges with only $200.00 deposit. I'll get some FCCs in Dec and apply them to this cruise to get a decent OBC to start.:D I got soo excited I couldn't chose a cabin so I just picked a guarantee for now.

I can't stand it I need to go now. My withdrawals are kicking in.:rolleyes:

Anthony

Hope you see this Pia.

Wow just got a great deal on the 2010 Sydney - LA $4706.00 AC including taxes and port charges with only $200.00 deposit. I'll get some FCCs in Dec and apply them to this cruise to get a decent OBC to start.:D I got soo excited I couldn't chose a cabin so I just picked a guarantee for now.

Anthony

Can you apply FCC's to bookings that have already been made? I know I tried to do this in the past, and had to cancel my initial booking first. What's the trick to doing this???;)

Can you apply FCC's to bookings that have already been made? I know I tried to do this in the past' date=' and had to cancel my initial booking first. What's the trick to doing this???;)[/quote']

This maybe my misunderstanding. I thought I read somewhere on one of the threads you could do this. If not too bad the price I got the cruise for I couldn't pass up. I'll still get them and I know I'll use them for something I'm sure. Gives me an excuse to cruise some more.;)

Anthony

Just a word of advice. I have taken this cruise a couple of times. They sell out fast. If you wait until you get your FCC it might be too late. There are alot of people that do cancel around final payment but that is no guarantee.

I know my two transpacific cruises were booked over 18 months out (as soon as they became available) and my up coming BKK to ANC was booked even earlier. All have been sold out. I just don't want you to miss out on a really great trip.

Chris

I have been able to apply FCC's retroactively to bookings a year or so ago. When I tried it again last year, my TA advised me that Princess no longer allows it. However, it never hurts to ask, just be prepared that the answer is "no."

We just booked this yesterday - great price on a mini-suite. We did this cruise last year from San Francisco to Sydney and paid a lot more but it was a great cruise. It will be nice to get that long flight over with at the beginning of the holiday instead of the end.

Hope you see this Pia.

Anthony

Hi Anthony....

We're booked! We are doing it both ways; Seattle to Sydney and Sydney to L.A. No problem with FCC's, because I had to cancel the Barcelona to FLL anyway. Aren't you going to do both legs? Do you really want to fly all the way to Sydney?

Put up your new sig and join us on the roll call.

We just booked this yesterday - great price on a mini-suite. We did this cruise last year from San Francisco to Sydney and paid a lot more but it was a great cruise. It will be nice to get that long flight over with at the beginning of the holiday instead of the end.

I am from Sydney and have have flown San Francisco - Sydney 4 or 5 times a year for the last 12 years until last year when I retired, hate the flying. Now I am going to enjoy the beautiful long cruise from one home to the other home. I have been waiting to do a Transpacific cruise for a few years, I get my dream holiday now. All I have to do is convince my brother and his wife to join us and stay with me in San Francisco.;)

Anthony

Anthony,

would you be kind enough to email me at wesmarshall2000 at comcast dot net and let me know where you found that pricing. I can come close with my source, but not quite that low......see you on board and thanks in advance!

Ginger

Hi Ginger,

I emailed the info for you.

Anthony

This cruise seems really wonderful but I was wondering if anyone has any idea what the one way fair from Sydney to La usually will run in October. I have checked the rate for this coming October and it is quite reasonable at $500 and I wonder just how "normal" that fare is for the October time frame. Andy feedback would be greatly appreciated.

This cruise seems really wonderful but I was wondering if anyone has any idea what the one way fair from Sydney to La usually will run in October. I have checked the rate for this coming October and it is quite reasonable at $500 and I wonder just how "normal" that fare is for the October time frame. Andy feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Gina,

I am going to use frequent flyer points for ours but you may want to look at V Australia at www.vaustralia.com they are advertising one way airfares. With the economy right now the airlines are not penalizing one way travel like they used to. A few years ago a one way ticket was as much as the discount return. In the past I have purchased return tickets to places farther than I was travelling and have thrown away the onward and return portions of the ticket, just because it was cheaper. Once I actually went on the extra trip to Amsterdam just because I had the extra flights on my ticket, that was worth taking.

Anthony

We were on the Sapphire "KOALA" Sydney to LA cruise in April, 2008. Here's a link to the Webshots pages that Lorraine and Tom Kennedy created for our cruise. http://travel.webshots.com/album/551913055GuoHEU It has a wealth of information on hotels, independent tours, etc. Our roll call was very, very active and you'll find a link to it in my signature below.

Quite a few people on our roll call booked the Sydney Harbour Marriott through Priceline at really good prices. We also booked extremely reasonable air from LA to Sydney via Hawaiian Airlines. Granted, this was over a year ago but we found rates of less than $700.

This cruise was absolutely awesome. We had a fabulous time. Some people got bored with so many sea days but I didn't have a problem with it. Because of the roll call and the CD's staff (Josh and Paul are awesome), there was always something to do.

Hope you see this Pia.

Anthony

Could you also send me the information bmcghee30 at yahoo dot com

Thanks

We were on the Sapphire "KOALA" Sydney to LA cruise in April, 2008. Here's a link to the Webshots pages that Lorraine and Tom Kennedy created for our cruise. http://travel.webshots.com/album/551913055GuoHEU It has a wealth of information on hotels, independent tours, etc. Our roll call was very, very active and you'll find a link to it in my signature below.

Quite a few people on our roll call booked the Sydney Harbour Marriott through Priceline at really good prices. We also booked extremely reasonable air from LA to Sydney via Hawaiian Airlines. Granted, this was over a year ago but we found rates of less than $700.

This cruise was absolutely awesome. We had a fabulous time. Some people got bored with so many sea days but I didn't have a problem with it. Because of the roll call and the CD's staff (Josh and Paul are awesome), there was always something to do.

We've travelled with Lorraine and Tom previously. She really puts her heart and soul into designing those logos for her various cruises.

Marriott is a fabulous hotel located in an area where you can walk to everything. We spent a week there in 1998 and never took any kind of transportation except to go out of town.

Too many sea days? Never! :D

It will be nice to get that long flight over with at the beginning of the holiday instead of the end.

We done it both directions too, and I also liked getting the flight out of the way early (and spending a week in Sydney when we were still high energy, just starting our vacation). The only thing I didn't like was losing all those hours sailing east. I much prefer 25 hour days on a cruise ship to 23 hour days on a cruise ship. But, you can't have everything I guess...unless you're starting out from Oz.

We stayed on the Holiday Inn Old Sydney, just the next street over from the Overseas Passenger Terminal. Perfect location and the price was right (in 2006). We actually just rolled our luggage down the slight hill to the terminal on boarding day. And we really gave the Sydney mass transit system a workout, purchasing a multi day pass to use the ferries, trains, and buses.

This cruise is a real winner.

(Hi Lorraine! Hope you're doing well. "My" twins start kindergarten in a week. SOB!)

We have booked this cruise as well since we also got a very good deal on an AB cabin. This will be my retirement present since I will be retiring in Sept 2010 and will have the time to take a long cruise like this. I've always wanted to see Australia and New Zealand. We've been to Tahiti and Hawaii before and loved them both. I am trying to talk dh into spending more than 2 days in Sydney before we board the ship. Not having much luck.

Anthony, where did you get your great prices from. E-mail is ssbeagleatyahoodotcom.

Archived