No Bag tags or Transfer Slips?

Cal Cruiser

Hey, Peaches! Thanks for the perfect solution for me. Luggage tags are great, but you have to remember to write your stateroom number on them (I didn't once—the only time I did them in advance). I'm delighted that the online version has my name and cabin number on them in very legible typeset. And I love the clear tape idea for sturdiness (I also am using card stock), and I have a hole punch. I'll make one for SIL, too!

Pipedreams, you've done it again! Great pix!

Hi, I have checked in, have looked most everywhere and still cannot find where the tags are that can be printed.

Could anyone help this " helpless computer person" find the right place?

thanks.:)

Hi, I have checked in, have looked most everywhere and still cannot find where the tags are that can be printed.

thanks.:)

When are you sailing? Are you due paper docs? If not, go back to your online checkin page, where it shows the names of the passengers and that your online checkin is complete. Just below that, is a box with the a dropdown showing the name of pax #1 and a separate dropdown to indicate how many tags you want to print. After you do pax #1, use the dropdown for each successive pax.

Go to online check-in. Log in with your confirmation number and family name. Once you get to the check-in screen, below the list of pax names where you have entered passport / immigration form and credit card info, you will see the tag application right there. (edited to say: Oops - - Camp637 and I were replying at the same time)

Scott.

Never thought about that, but you might be right.. Perhaps the tags are not available to customers outside of North America...

I think it's more likely the Sept 25 switch-over date that you suggested before - that people sailing before than can't print their own. Gerd appears to be sailing Sept 16th.

Since you're going beforte 9/25, weren't you mailed some?

I think it's more likely the Sept 25 switch-over date that you suggested before - that people sailing before than can't print their own. Gerd appears to be sailing Sept 16th.

Since you're going beforte 9/25, weren't you mailed some?

We're sailing 9/19 and I was able to print luggage tags from the website. We also received luggage tags in the mail. Because we are traveling direct from a US airport to Vancouver on the day of sailing, we are eligible for US Direct. The tags need to be on the luggage before airport checkin. In these cases HAL mails tags to you, maybe because they are different than the regular ones so the USDirect people can recognize the bags.:confused:

Anyway, we have plenty of tags now!

:)

Hello "serendipity1499" at all,

great thanks for your and all other explanations.

Salut Scott,

I really appreciate your letter in French – but I am German, who works in Switzerland in a almost English speaking community, but lives in France…..; so I am real multi-languages….

But it is surely not a language question and also not a PC glitch, but as some poster mentioned it, it’s certainly correlated to my sailing date which is September 16.

I did fill-out my boarding pass already around April, but was –logically- only now able to print everything out (after final payment date and my money has undoubtedly arrived in the moneybag at Seattle headquarter).

But on my HAL web-page, something about luggage tags are still not there. And I guess they don wont will be till my next cruise the "Inaugural MS Nieuw Amsterdam" one.

=> And with a great surprise, its just today, that I did receive one of the last of those highly seen "blue folder".

So we are doing now our doc-dance yeah, yeah, yeah…:p

Happy cruising and many thanks

G E R D

Our marvelous cruises : :)

MS Ryndam – Wayfarer – March 1997

MS Noordam - Transatlantic Island Hook - April 2001

MS Volendam - Southern Caribbean - April 2002

MS Volendam - Westfarer Caribbean - April 2004

MS Prinsendam - Windmills & Waterford – September 2004

MS Westerdam - Western Caribbean - April 2005

MS Statendam - Hawaii Circle - September 2005

MS Rotterdam - Vikings and Czars – July 2006

MS Veendam - Southern Caribbean – March 2007

MS Volendam – Panama Canal – April 2008

116 days - 33'054 Nm :

Future Cruise : :p

10-day Mediterranean Enchantment :

1a9e527468f45e24344692102efb55de.png

10-day Mediterranean Inaugural Cruise :

3555772246558c9c770ebc7e38eba56d.png

12-day Mediterranean Empires :

a4ed661628a8d0b24f580e2daed576d0.png

Gerd...So happy to see you have received the blue folder with your docs & presumably your baggage tags..

I've never received the new blue folder, as we booked both our cruises very late last year..I was disappointed not to have the new folder, however my Friend, who never keeps them gave me hers...It's lovely..

Have a wonderful time on your cruise..:)Betty

Imagine my surprise to read that the luggage tags are color-coded by ship! I guess the "color" for the Zuiderdam is black; don't know what I will do for other ships since my printer is b/w. (There's always something....) :(

I really don't think date has anything to do with it (except possibly booking date--if you booked before they started charging for docs). We leave on the 19th as well and as stated were able to print our tags even before we completed the on-line check-in (from link on that page).

Just for fun, since I had a clear 3x5 luggage tag, I printed the BP at 70% and now have the cutest mini-luggage-tag. I suppose the porters wouldn't consider it very cute.

It's no wonder people are confused: here's a paragraph from my Express Docs: "For guests who sail with us beyond March 22, 2009, and who have Holland America Line’s Express Docs: The new luggage tags will be sent to you or your travel professionals prior to your departure."

:confused: I had my very efficient TA check on that, and here is her response:

I called HAL about that paragraph and they stated it was incorrect as maybe it hadn't been updated since the new policy. They are certainly going to bring it to someone's attention so they can have it removed and stop the confusion.

So EVERYONE is receiving that information, if you bother to read it, and EVERYONE is misinformed! HAL, get your act together!

When are you sailing? Are you due paper docs? If not, go back to your online checkin page, where it shows the names of the passengers and that your online checkin is complete. Just below that, is a box with the a dropdown showing the name of pax #1 and a separate dropdown to indicate how many tags you want to print. After you do pax #1, use the dropdown for each successive pax.

Thank you for your reply.......:D

Go to online check-in. Log in with your confirmation number and family name. Once you get to the check-in screen, below the list of pax names where you have entered passport / immigration form and credit card info, you will see the tag application right there. (edited to say: Oops - - Camp637 and I were replying at the same time)

Scott.

Thanks for responding.......:D

I was just online checking on shore excursions and found the place to print luggage tags, so I printed one to see what it was like. Now I'm looking at it pretending it won't be 4 1/2 more months before I can use it :(. I guess I can spend the time daydreaming.

Trish

Pipedreams, your picture reminds me of trying to teach a railroad clerk how to use a computer terminal, when it took him half a minute to figure out which button to push to answer the phone (btw, the blinking one). This was in the mid-1970s. Matter of fact, it looks like him.

Trish

3 weeks out and we have just got our luggage tags but our guarantee booking has no cabin assignment yet - so the wait is still on and on and onnnnn..

Rassa

We didn't find out our cabin assignment until about 12 days before our cruise this year. HAL had said it might be anytime from seven days before and that we might not get them until we boarded. Good thing we found out early because boarding was incredibly slow and disorganized.

• 10 months later...

What's next is that HAL will ask us to fold our own dinner napkins or instruct an Origami class on board for those who had trouble folding and attaching their paper bag tags!

I will not cruise HAL again because I like to prepare sturdy tags prior to leaving on the vacation. I am NOT going to carry a stapler or tape with me as I vacation in Europe prior to embarkation or ask the hotel to provide them, or go through the expense and time of laminating them myself.

What's next is that HAL will ask us to fold our own dinner napkins or instruct an Origami class on board for those who had trouble folding and attaching their paper bag tags!

I will not cruise HAL again because I like to prepare sturdy tags prior to leaving on the vacation. I am NOT going to carry a stapler or tape with me as I vacation in Europe prior to embarkation or ask the hotel to provide them, or go through the expense and time of laminating them myself.

Then get them at the pier.

I wouldn't sail or not sail with a cruise line based on a luggage tag. I mean, it's only a luggage tag. I politely ask for a stapler at the hotel desk, and don't have a problem with that. More and more cruise lines are going to the paper tags. As Maxout suggested, wait until you get to the pier if the paper tags freak you out.

Roz

Archived