Is International Cafe Going To Be Free Now?

Phamer55

I saw this headline today:

* You Are Now Free to Nosh to Your Gastric Capacity

Aug 20 - If free is good, then the atrium piazza areas aboard Princess ships have become great.

Does this mean that the International Cafe is going to be free now for all food items? Anyone know what this headline is referring to?

Aug 20 - If free is good, then the atrium piazza areas aboard Princess ships have become great.

Does this mean that the International Cafe is going to be free now for all food items? Anyone know what this headline is referring to?

We tried the cookies(yummy), the sandwiches(yummy), and some of the

other things and they were all free....on the CB....We did pay for the coffee that we got(well worth it) but that was it....The international cafe

is great IMO..;)

Everything there is already free except for the gelato, choc. strawberries and candy apples. And the fondue. I doubt if those items will go free.

Everything there is already free except for the gelato, choc. strawberries and candy apples. And the fondue. I doubt if those items will go free.

Im surprised you didnt mention the coffee Pia..:eek: I know your a HUGE

fan of coffee....lol;)

Maybe they will eliminate some or all those items. Did not see that many people purchase the strawberries or apples.

We are taking a Princess cruise next month so I am curious whether we can get regular coffee or tea for free. DH likes plain old regular coffee with no frills. I don't like Starbucks because I always have to add water. Princess is the only cruiseline that serves regular coffee the way we like it. During most cruises I have to order a pot of water with my coffee to dilute it. Reminds me of Paris.

We are taking a Princess cruise next month so I am curious whether we can get regular coffee or tea for free. DH likes plain old regular coffee with no frills. I don't like Starbucks because I always have to add water. Princess is the only cruiseline that serves regular coffee the way we like it. During most cruises I have to order a pot of water with my coffee to dilute it. Reminds me of Paris.

You can always get the Nescafe style syrup coffee for no charge in the MDR,Horizon court and room service...I think it is what you are referring to as "regular" coffee. The fresh brewed coffee at the International Cafe is $1 a cup, specialty coffees are extra (can't remember the actual price as we used the coffe card on our last cruise) I think they are around $2-3.

Hot tea and icetea was free everywhere

The fresh brewed coffee at the International Cafe is $1 a cup,

Has anyone ever seen them actually brew the regular coffee? My husband got me coffee a few mornings from the Cafe and it tasted just like the syrup stuff. I switched to Lattes. Could it be that at busy times it's just the same stuff?

Yeah, the pay items likely weren't moving because you could get other stuff for free. I'm thinking this means everything will be free there (food, not coffee). The info came from Cruise News Daily.

If so, much of the food there, including the sushi, lamb chops, and other tapas are better than many of the items available for dinner. I will spend more time there next time around if this is the case as I am not a huge fan of the MDR.

The fresh brewed coffee at the International Cafe is $1 a cup,

Has anyone ever seen them actually brew the regular coffee? My husband got me coffee a few mornings from the Cafe and it tasted just like the syrup stuff. I switched to Lattes. Could it be that at busy times it's just the same stuff?

They actually brew it right in front of you; it's real.

This if true is great news. the Intl cafe has been a big reason we cannot book with Princess. They should include all snacks and tapas etc and not have an charge extra for them.

Drinks are ok to charge extra for not food items.

They have also quit charging for ice cream which was welcome news.

Now if they would quit charging for room service pizza all would be great.

the Intl cafe has been a big reason we cannot book with Princess. -- Hard to believe with all the other food available on board. Before the Intl Cafe existed, the same other no charge food chocies existed.

They have also quit charging for ice cream which was welcome news. And they have also quit serving real ice cream in the Horizon court in the late afternoon.

Now if they would quit charging for room service pizza all would be great. They do this to cut down on waste. Before the charge, some people would order several pizzas and only eat a small amount. Charging limits the room service pizza to those who really want to eat it.

see above

This if true is great news. the Intl cafe has been a big reason we cannot book with Princess. They should include all snacks and tapas etc and not have an charge extra for them.

Drinks are ok to charge extra for not food items.

They have also quit charging for ice cream which was welcome news.

Now if they would quit charging for room service pizza all would be great.

Yep.......I do think you shouldn't be cruising Princess. :rolleyes:

Yep.......I do think you shouldn't be cruising Princess. :rolleyes:

Weird that someone would be so upset about spending an extra discretionary $40 or so at the International Cafe that it would drive the decision to cruise on another line. 40 freaking dollars. Going in, just figure that it you will be into Princess $100 more than another line and THEN let price be a decision. But to not cruise Princess because of that $1 lambchop seems a bit arbitrary.

They actually brew it right in front of you; it's real.

Actually, at least in July on the Ruby the brewed coffee was often prepared "in the back." They occasionally had to go back there to see if it was ready. But, that said, it was always quite good. I started using it every morning. We always travel with two "travel cups." "Yes," it costs $1 and "yes" you can talk about "nickel-and-diming," but IMHO the $20 or $30 that will be added to you bill over the course if the cruise is insignificant compared to all of the drink, excursion, gift shop, etc. charges that you'll have by the end of the trip.

"they have also quit charging for ice cream ..that is welcome news "

If you call that soft serve chemical cocktail mush ...........ice cream you cannot possibly have tasted or enjoyed true Ice Cream

That stuff served in the Horizon and on the pool deck wasn't exactly premium ice cream either. The soft is okay and there's still the premium gelato in the International Cafe.

Archived