Is International Cafe Going To Be Free Now?

Phamer55

I just returned from the 9-day Caribbean Princess 8/13 sailing out of NYC. There was a sign at Vines "Tapas and Sushi are Complementary".

Laura

Laura, was wondering if the complementary sushi was of the very good quality served on the Emerald or is it mostly California type rolls:confused:

Colo,

Just off the Star last Sunday, had no sighting of any free carmel apples/chocolates/gelato etc. Had to ask @ Vines for Tapas-charges still apply. I did do my personal best on the shrimp, mushrooms, Chicken salad and especially the prosciutto and cheese sandwiches.

Also there was cold crab legs and shrimp in the HC lunch on the day after second formal.

Anthony

Colo,

Just off the Star last Sunday, had no sighting of any free carmel apples/chocolates/gelato etc. Had to ask @ Vines for Tapas-charges still apply. I did do my personal best on the shrimp, mushrooms, Chicken salad and especially the prosciutto and cheese sandwiches.

Also there was cold crab legs and shrimp in the HC lunch on the day after second formal.

Anthony

Thanks, looks like each ship is on it own timetable.

Love that shrimp/spinich with the mushrooms and the chicken salad.

• Administrators
No more candied apples?

Not a single one, sadly. My 11 year old niece would have loved one of those!

She made do with her daily "iced mocha" lol

Laura

• Administrators
If the IC is free, what is going to happen to the gelato?

Not a glimmer of an gelato, either.

Laura

Just got off the Star Princess this past Sunday and I am quite taken with the International Cafe. I very much enjoyed going there for pastries for breakfast, salads (especially the chicken salad) for lunch, cookies for afternoon, etc. The coffee area next to it is also nice, though I drink hot chocolate not coffee, but did enjoy their hot chocolates. A very nice addition to our cruise experience! And, I had nothing at the cafe that I had to pay additional for, just the coffees if you are a coffee drinker.

I have never seen "free" chocolate covered stawberries at any venue.

I have only seen them at the International Cafe and there is a charge for them there, $1 each.

Actually, we have seen chocolate covered strawberries at the HC late in the evening on formal nights in the past. They sure didn't last long, but they have had them on the buffet, pretty late in the evening though. ;)

Correcting misinformation! Just because I do not use it does not mean that I do not care about it.

Cheers,

Peter

But those of us that do pay the 3 bucks for pizza dont mind.....:cool: only u do....:rolleyes::rolleyes::o help me out here man.....You dont like the charge(you dont buy the room service) We dont mind the charge...(we buy the pizza).....ever here of supply and demand?? lol

Not a glimmer of an gelato, either.

Laura

I believe that when the Caribbean Princess went through the drydock and the International Cafe was added that there was no room for the Gelato case.

Thus, not seeing it on your cruise is not an indication of what is there on the other ships.

Actually, we have seen chocolate covered strawberries at the HC late in the evening on formal nights in the past. They sure didn't last long, but they have had them on the buffet, pretty late in the evening though. ;)

Sounds as if they had them prepared for room service and not all were needed there. No surprise they did not last long at the HC.

I believe that when the Caribbean Princess went through the drydock and the International Cafe was added that there was no room for the Gelato case.

Thus, not seeing it on your cruise is not an indication of what is there on the other ships.

We were on the Ruby in July and there was great gelato in the IC ... we enjoyed it several times. And, as I recall, it was the only thing at the IC that had a extra charge. The coffee bar had a charge, but that was around the corner from the IC.

We were on the Ruby in July and there was great gelato in the IC ... we enjoyed it several times. And, as I recall, it was the only thing at the IC that had a extra charge. The coffee bar had a charge, but that was around the corner from the IC.

Weren't there candy apples in a case to the left of the salad/pastry counter?

Fantastic news, thanks for the updates. Glad to see the extra charge items go.

I'm not. It is not as if they carry the same items in the IC and just made everything comp. As you said, they took the items away. Just like it is a choice to go to specialty restaurant, or wine tasting for a charge, I would have liked them to leave the option for me to purchase the items.

But those of us that do pay the 3 bucks for pizza dont mind.....:cool: only u do....:rolleyes::rolleyes::o help me out here man.....You dont like the charge(you dont buy the room service) We dont mind the charge...(we buy the pizza).....ever here of supply and demand?? lol

You know, cuz it's like my opinion, and I think it is a silly thing to charge for. More power to you, if it makes you happy. The only thing that got me to post in the first place was to correct the notion that somehow "waste" had something to do with the charge, which has nothing to with it.

In any event, as an owner, thanks for increasing the bottom line and making my shares worth more!

Cheers,

Peter

You know, cuz it's like my opinion, and I think it is a silly thing to charge for. More power to you, if it makes you happy. The only thing that got me to post in the first place was to correct the notion that somehow "waste" had something to do with the charge, which has nothing to with it.

In any event, as an owner, thanks for increasing the bottom line and making my shares worth more!

Cheers,

Peter

You are absolutely 100% wrong that waste and abuse had nothing to do with the small fee charged to deliver wholes pizzas to the stateroom. But feel free to hold that belief if it helps you rationalize why you don't want to pay for any extras that make your cruise just a bit more enjoyable.

Cheers,

Peter

"As an owner".....?????

I think they charge for the pizza because it's made in a different location on deck and not at the regular room service kitchen. I think it's a fair service charge for an entire pizza-i would tip that much anyway-if someone is really opposed it doesn't take much to walk up to the lido deck and grab a few slices for free (actually that's what i usually do anyway because i hate to wait :) ). It doesn't really sound like a big money maker to me just a small service charge to maybe keep the demand down a little.

i'm afraid if they started having a regular room service version it would taste more like those frozen individual pizzas some lines serve.

Archived