Is International Cafe Going To Be Free Now?

Phamer55

This if true is great news. the Intl cafe has been a big reason we cannot book with Princess. They should include all snacks and tapas etc and not have an charge extra for them.

Drinks are ok to charge extra for not food items.

They have also quit charging for ice cream which was welcome news.

Now if they would quit charging for room service pizza all would be great.

The amount of waste would be unbelievable if they didn't charge a small fee for room delivery of pizza. Many kids (as well as adults) would order whole pizzas and then leave much of it to be picked up by the room service staff. I, for one, have no issues with the small fee for pizza delivery.

Now if they would quit charging for room service pizza all would be great. They do this to cut down on waste. Before the charge, some people would order several pizzas and only eat a small amount. Charging limits the room service pizza to those who really want to eat it.

see above

In this regard you are making up excuses where none exist.

Before Princess instituted this pizza delivery service it did not exist, so no waste existed to create a charge for. When they introduced the pizza delivery they introduced it with the $3 delivery fee.

In any event, if they actually wanted to cut down on waste they would also include a fee if you take items from any venue and do not eat what you take/order.

Stop making up excuses for Princess' nickel and diming extravaganzas.

Cheers,

Peter

The amount of waste would be unbelievable if they didn't charge a small fee for room delivery of pizza. Many kids (as well as adults) would order whole pizzas and then leave much of it to be picked up by the room service staff. I, for one, have no issues with the small fee for pizza delivery.

Why do you think that pizza, but not any other room service item, or for that matter any food item on board would have this overwhelming urge to order so much to waste? These comments baffle me sometimes.

Cheers,

Peter

Why do you think that pizza, but not any other room service item, or for that matter any food item on board would have this overwhelming urge to order so much to waste? These comments baffle me sometimes.

Cheers,

Peter

Then you must be easily baffled!! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize how it would be abused if offered!

This comment is ridiculous. So people are going to order tons of pizza and waste it if included, so they charge extra for it. The included items are not waisted so they don't have to charge extra. That makes sense to you??

Perfect sense .... primarily kids would order whole pizzas and then eat just a few slices wasting the rest. Most other things offered by room service are not the most popular among kids ... so they go to the buffet ... or the pizza line. The small fee stops kids from ordering .... and then wasting. A couple of dollar service fee is perfectly reasonable so that the the service can be offered. What I think is "ridiculous" are the people who will pay hundreds of dollars for beer and drinks during a cruise but get so excited about a 2 or 3 dollar service charge.

This comment is ridiculous. So people are going to order tons of pizza and waste it if included, so they charge extra for it. The included items are not waisted so they don't have to charge extra. That makes sense to you??

I think the difference you aren't seeing here is that regular room service you order 'per serving' where as a pizza you order a whole pizza. ;)

Makes pretty darn good sense to me also.....They only charge 3 dollars for the pizza room service where we pay 14-15 dollars for a pie to be delivered at home.....pretty cheap if you ask me.:rolleyes::rolleyes: The Pizza is cheaper than the beer on the ship......IMO The charge for pizza delivery on Princess(which by the way kicks ass and is the only line to do it) is fine

and dandy.....I will always pay for it with no problemo;)

Then you must be easily baffled!! It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize how it would be abused if offered!

Yes, I guess I'm just easily baffled with comments that make no sense. Why you think that a pizza delivered to the cabin is such an outrageous waste if not eaten. But all the other food on the ship that is not consumed is just par for the course.

They instituted the fee because they thought they could extract cash from the passengers by offering it. Delivered pizza did not exist prior to it's introduction and was introduced with the fee. No "waste" was involved in their decision. Princess decided that people would pay for the service.

Cheers,

Peter

Yes, I guess I'm just easily baffled with comments that make no sense. Why you think that a pizza delivered to the cabin is such an outrageous waste if not eaten. But all the other food on the ship that is not consumed is just par for the course.

They instituted the fee because they thought they could extract cash from the passengers by offering it. Delivered pizza did not exist prior to it's introduction and was introduced with the fee. No "waste" was involved in their decision. Princess decided that people would pay for the service.

Cheers,

Peter

It's called Special Order.

You can get all the pizza you want by the slice when you go for it. If it's delivered to your room as a whole pie it's a Special Order. And you pay for it.

You can have all the canapes you want at various venues, but when it's delivered to your room it's a Special Order. And you pay for it.

Chocolate strawberries are available at times during your cruise. Take all you want. When it's delivered to your room it's a Special Order. And you pay for it.

Makes pretty darn good sense to me also.....They only charge 3 dollars for the pizza room service where we pay 14-15 dollars for a pie to be delivered at home.....pretty cheap if you ask me.:rolleyes::rolleyes: The Pizza is cheaper than the beer on the ship......IMO The charge for pizza delivery on Princess(which by the way kicks ass and is the only line to do it) is fine

and dandy.....I will always pay for it with no problemo;)

I imagine that you would also pay quite a bit to have breakfast, burgers, sandwiches, coffee, snacks and all the other numerous offerings from room service delivered to your home. However it makes little difference as we are not at home and room service is not charged for otherwise on the ship.

Perhaps if you think that the charge for pizza delivery makes good sense, perhaps they should also institute a charge for all room service offerings. After all it would only be 3 or 4 dollars per delivery. Plus it would still be cheaper than buying a beer.

Cheers,

Peter

Cheers,

Peter

Oh yes, their profits increase by thousands due to the $3 room service charge. Come on, get real. :eek:

It's called Special Order.

You can get all the pizza you want by the slice when you go for it. If it's delivered to your room as a whole pie it's a Special Order. And you pay for it.

You can have all the canapes you want at various venues, but when it's delivered to your room it's a Special Order. And you pay for it.

Chocolate strawberries are available at times during your cruise. Take all you want. When it's delivered to your room it's a Special Order. And you pay for it.

Are the other offerings not a special order as well? They do have to make them as well.

Besides the point is not that they charge for the service, it is the idea that the charge was introduced because of "waste".

Cheers,

Peter

Oh yes, their profits increase by thousands due to the $3 room service charge. Come on, get real. :eek:

Do you think it does not make thousands for them? I think you need to get real.

Cheers,

Peter

Just as a note here. I really do not care that they charge for room service anything, as we do not partake of it. There is plenty enough food to go around and sitting in the cabin eating is not my idea of fun.

The issue that I was commenting on is that the fee is some sort of charge because of "waste".

Cheers,

Peter

The pay for tapas in the evening were delish. Esp he shrimp, I just hope that they keep the same items if they are going to be complimentary now.

Also, I heard the sushi is at no charge now either, has anyone had it since this change? Same selections as before?

• Administrators
The pay for tapas in the evening were delish. Esp he shrimp, I just hope that they keep the same items if they are going to be complimentary now.

Also, I heard the sushi is at no charge now either, has anyone had it since this change? Same selections as before?

I just returned from the 9-day Caribbean Princess 8/13 sailing out of NYC. There was a sign at Vines "Tapas and Sushi are Complementary".

Also, there was never any "pay for" items at the International Cafe during my entire cruise. I asked about the "fondue" as we would have like to try it -- the answer was "we don't have that any more". No strawberries to be found. Note that I visited the IC at least twice per day, maybe more (I'm a coffee freak!).

Laura

Just as a note here. I really do not care that they charge for room service anything, as we do not partake of it. There is plenty enough food to go around and sitting in the cabin eating is not my idea of fun.

The issue that I was commenting on is that the fee is some sort of charge because of "waste".

Cheers,

Peter

If you dont partake in it then why do you care????

I just returned from the 9-day Caribbean Princess 8/13 sailing out of NYC. There was a sign at Vines "Tapas and Sushi are Complementary".

Also, there was never any "pay for" items at the International Cafe during my entire cruise. I asked about the "fondue" as we would have like to try it -- the answer was "we don't have that any more". No strawberries to be found. Note that I visited the IC at least twice per day, maybe more (I'm a coffee freak!).

Laura

Thanks for the update Laura. I am sad to see the fondue go, I mean my hips aren't but I am:D Plus no strawberries! I wonder why they changed it?

The IC was fine the way it was b4, their was plenty of comp stuff to be had, then if you wanted to, you could pay for something extra; and I mean it wasn't that expensive IMO, $3 for delicious 3 tapas or (I think it was $6) for chocolate fondue with fresh fruit and cake was a good deal. Oh well.

I have never seen "free" chocolate covered stawberries at any venue.

I have only seen them at the International Cafe and there is a charge for them there, $1 each.

Laura

No more candied apples?

35057114_6749_20.08CaramelapplesatInternationalCaf100_0727.jpg.0fabc41c39d8a7a8195bb4b8474b6ce8.jpg

I have never seen "free" chocolate covered stawberries at any venue.

I have only seen them at the International Cafe and there is a charge for them there, $1 each.

Not even there anymore according to Laura. But I think you can still order them through room service.

Archived