Live from the Epic

KeithJenner

We're boarding the Epic on Sunday and, as usual I will be posting live during the week instead of doing a review.

As this is our fourth go at this cruise, we will tend to be quite laid back, and probably won't have too many exciting adventures to report on, but it will be interesting to see the changes to the ship.

As usual, ask any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Awesome - I can't wait! Thanks for doing it!

I'd love to know if day passes are offered to the spa. And if they have a "girls' night". Thanks!

Isn't every night a girls night ? I read on a review somewhere that they have separate male & female,but I suppose the OP is best to advise, as I don't cruise onthe Epic until July.

Awesome - I can't wait! Thanks for doing it!

I'd love to know if day passes are offered to the spa. And if they have a "girls' night". Thanks!

I'll try to find out about the spa day passes, but will probably struggle to find out about what happens inside the spa.

Whilst I'll try to find what I can, my area of expertise isn't really the spa, gym or things like that. I'm better with beer and food to be honest. :)

So excited you are doing a live review! Thx so much!

I know this isn't your thing, but if you'd be willing to get kids and teen dailies or at least give them a Glace and let us know what the kids program is like, that would be great! What type of room are you sailing in?

So excited you are doing a live review! Thx so much!

I know this isn't your thing, but if you'd be willing to get kids and teen dailies or at least give them a Glace and let us know what the kids program is like, that would be great! What type of room are you sailing in?

It is actually our thing as we have our son with us. He loves the kids club which is how we get beer time. :) I'll try to pick up sheets for all the ages.

We're in an angled balcony. Previously on the Epic we'd need in a mini suite, but having tried the angled balcony on the Escape, I think the balcony size more than makes up for the smaller bathroom area.

Oh great! Thx so much! I don't know enough about the epic -- what is an angled balcony? I'll go see what I can search for as well. thanks again.

If you look at the side of the Epic, it isn't a straight line, some sections bump out a little further. At the point where it bumps out the balconies have a triangular part where the narrowest side is the width of a standard balcony. Makes for a nice size.

Well this is my response: Hooray! I, for one, am a KeithJenner fan as I always know my Epic questions will be answered, no matter who asked them. Also, thanks so much for the dailies. I can't wait for our September 2016 trip on the Epic!

This is a silly question, but my husband I were wondering if they do bingo on this cruise? If they do, we were confused how it would work with the multiple embarkations and port intensive itinerary. Bingo is a favorite of ours!

This is a silly question, but my husband I were wondering if they do bingo on this cruise? If they do, we were confused how it would work with the multiple embarkations and port intensive itinerary. Bingo is a favorite of ours!

I'm pretty sure there has usually been bingo on this cruise, but I'll check for you.

I'm a bit intrigued by your question about the multiple ports. I've never played bingo but assumed that they were one off games. I take it from your question that it's something that runs through the week.

I'll see if I can get the chance to ask someone about it.

We're boarding the Epic on Sunday and, as usual I will be posting live during the week instead of doing a review.

As this is our fourth go at this cruise, we will tend to be quite laid back, and probably won't have too many exciting adventures to report on, but it will be interesting to see the changes to the ship.

I'll be on the Sunday you're scheduled to disembark. Are you doing a live review of the Haven also? If not, I'll focus on that portion when I get there.

I'm pretty sure there has usually been bingo on this cruise, but I'll check for you.

I'm a bit intrigued by your question about the multiple ports. I've never played bingo but assumed that they were one off games. I take it from your question that it's something that runs through the week.

I'll see if I can get the chance to ask someone about it.

They usually have a progressive jackpot of some sort.

What's playing the Cavern Club? When we were on board the Epic, they had the Beatles tribute group from the real Cavern Club in Liverpool onboard preforming,,,, which was an extra special treat.

I'll try to find out about the spa day passes, but will probably struggle to find out about what happens inside the spa.

Whilst I'll try to find what I can, my area of expertise isn't really the spa, gym or things like that. I'm better with beer and food to be honest. :)

Keith I can answer that as that is my area of expertise as you know Ian is more likely to be in the bar with you!

Epics spa is lovely and unique in that it has an open air aft balcony area with some padded loungers which if nice weather are heaven!

spa day passes depends on if they have not sold out the cruise long passes so if you really want to experience it don't gamble -book cruise long-I think it's worth it

We are newly booked on the Epic for 2/25/17. So now I'm soaking up as much info as I can. We were originally booked on the Jade out of Houston then they changed us to Tampa and then that cruise was canceled. So epic here we come!

Looking forward to following.

Keith, I'm looking forward to following along. I sailed the Epic in March (LOVED the spa!) and you helped with the planning. :D I'm on her again in Sept of next year; I believe I'll be doing the same itinerary you're doing next week. I'll be boarding in Rome so I'm interested in your impressions of the differences between this cruise with multiple embarkation points and a cruise with a single embarkation port.

Have a great cruise. Can't wait to hear what you think of the ports, too.

I'll be on the Sunday you're scheduled to disembark. Are you doing a live review of the Haven also? If not, I'll focus on that portion when I get there.

That would be great, fatherlu! We are in the Haven on 9/18. What type of room do you have?

Regards,

Mallory & Jason

That would be great, fatherlu! We are in the Haven on 9/18. What type of room do you have?

Regards,

Mallory & Jason

Hi Mallory & Jason...we're in the H4--2 bedroom suite--Deck 16--in order to be near the pool and the Epic Club, etc.

I noticed not too many threads focus on the Epic Haven in detail. Lots of the menus online for the Epic are also outdated. I'm hoping to be as detailed as I can--if nothing prevents me from doing so.

I hope I can start from when we first sign in--perhaps pictures of where to go for Haven guests, what it will look like, etc. I may have to start another thread as to not hijack Keith's thread.