Fantasy Finally Leaving?

zdcatc12

Since it has been for sale for a few years anyway, I caught this from a poster over on the Bahamas Celebration board: BTW, they are still saying they are negotiating on another Carnival ship. They wouldn't say which one but they said to expect an announcement in April, 2018.

I thought there was a turning basin issue have they resolved that?

They built a new one about 6 or 7 years ago that is 1500 feet wide. It's south of the terminal. The old one is still there, north of the terminal. It's only 1000 feet wide.

It wouldn't surprise me if Bahamas Paradise buys the Carnival Paradise. Assuming the sale consumates in 2019, having a 21 year old ship is a huge difference from having a 29 year old ship.

GoCCL has Fantasy's dry dock dates set for January 3-16, 2019.

I also have a hard time seeing Carnival reducing capacity, even if it is only by 600-1000 berths. We know the Carnival Splendor/Pacific Journey trade in 2019 probably keeps Carnival from unloading a ship in 2019, but I could see P&O sending Pacific Aria or Pacific Eden to Bahamas Paradise. Pacific Aria and Pacific Eden are roughly half the tonnage of Carnival Splendor, and they're still larger than the Celebration.

Haven't heard much on the Splendor trade... I have the sneaky suspicion she might not leave the fleet... we will see... I honestly cannot see her as part of Princess fleet... she would need a complete facelift!

Haven't heard much on the Splendor trade... I have the sneaky suspicion she might not leave the fleet... we will see... I honestly cannot see her as part of Princess fleet... she would need a complete facelift![/quote

Carnival already said that Splendor will be leaving the Carnival Fleet in 2019, and she is going to P&O

Haven't heard much on the Splendor trade... I have the sneaky suspicion she might not leave the fleet... we will see... I honestly cannot see her as part of Princess fleet... she would need a complete facelift![/quote

Carnival already said that Splendor will be leaving the Carnival Fleet in 2019, and she is going to P&O

P & O is a subsidiary of Princess.

This contract has an option for another year as well. Carnival typically does year to year contracts on the Fantasy class ships and doesn't go to multi-year contracts until you get into the the newer ships. If Fantasy remains in Mobile until the end of 2019 it may be the perfect timing for them to sell the ship and replace with a newer ship; possibly a Triumph class doing long and short cruises. It's also interesting that this new contract stipulates a regular maintenance schedule for the gangway. The city has also pitched the idea of a partnership between the city and Carnival to promote local attractions for pre and post cruise stays.

I don't know for sure if it's the Fantasy that is coming to Palm Beach but I do know it will be a Carnival. Also, the Port of Palm Beach is a small port and very shallow. We couldn't possible accommodate any ship longer than 900 ft.

I don't know for sure if it's the Fantasy that is coming to Palm Beach but I do know it will be a Carnival. Also, the Port of Palm Beach is a small port and very shallow. We couldn't possible accommodate any ship longer than 900 ft.

Wonder why they would want three ports so close together?