New Journey Captain?

marinaro44

Just heard from a passenger on Journey that Captain Johannes announced that a "new Captain" would be taking Journey out of port leaving the Azores, presumably a replacement for Captain Jason. Can anyone confirm, and identify the new Master?

Just heard from a passenger on Journey that Captain Johannes announced that a "new Captain" would be taking Journey out of port leaving the Azores, presumably a replacement for Captain Jason. Can anyone confirm, and identify the new Master?

Hi Marinaro44,

Thanks for reminding me about this. I had planned to write about it this week ! The new Captains name is Sindre Borsheim, who has joined Azamara from Royal Caribbean. My understanding is, that Captain Jason has left Azamara. While onboard Journey last Friday in Miami, I had the pleasure of meeting Captain Sindre. He was very engaging, and delightful. I believe he will be a great fit for Azamara.

Please join me in welcoming Captain Sindre Borsheim to Azamara, and wishing Captain Jason all the best of success in his future endeavors.

Edited by Host Andy

The new Captains name is Sindre Borsheim, who has joined Azamara from Royal Caribbean. My understanding is, that Captain Jason has left Azamara. While onboard Journey last Friday in Miami, I had the pleasure of meeting Captain Sindre. He was very engaging, and delightful. I believe he will be a great fit for Azamara.

Served as a Master for Royal Caribbean--generally aboard Radiance Of The Seas--before leaving for a land-based job with another company last September or so... Cruise friends from Australia adore him, and based upon all I've heard, he has an engaged/engaging/"big" personality and style that should make him a perfect fit for Azamara...

Obviously, the sea is in his blood!

Just been reading the RCCL board and it sounds as if the new captain will fit in very well!

"He has to be one of the most personable and visible Captains out there and such a funny guy".

Looking forward to meeting him on the Journey. It looks as if he will be on both our May and September cruises. Welcome Captain Sindre and good luck for the future to Jason.

We are sorry to hear that Captain Jason has moved on from Azamara. We had the pleasure of sailing with him a number of times, special memories of our first Azamara cruise when he asked to join us at the curry night. Eleven Azamara cruises later we sailed with him from Malaga to Rio to BA. (Dec-jan 15)

Not sure where you are Jason but all the very best to you and your family.

From the Geordie couple living near your old marine college.

Looking forward to meeting Journey's new captain on our Adriatic cruise in early June. Captain Johannes was master of the Journey when we were on her in SE Asia in Dec. 2013. Loved the interface between CD Eric and the capt.!

OK, this is obviously a newbie question [for Azamara, at least]. Do I understand that Captain Sindre is replacing Capitan Jason on Journey, but that Captain Johannes is staying? How many Captains are there on a ship?

OK, this is obviously a newbie question [for Azamara, at least]. Do I understand that Captain Sindre is replacing Capitan Jason on Journey, but that Captain Johannes is staying? How many Captains are there on a ship?

Hi Host Jazzbeau,

Captain Sindre will be replacing Captain Jason on Journey. Captain Johannes will remain with Journey. Like most other lines, there's one Captain onboard at a time, though I suppose there may be a brief period of time, when both are onboard during a changeover.

Hope this helps !

We had dinner with Captain Johannes and Sindre the other evening on Journey and my opinion of him is he is going to be a really great Master for Azamara. A very nice guy. Not brash, but thoughtful, interesting and good fun. Welcome Sindre!

Johannes will leave the ship in Istanbul after the next cruise and Sindre will take over and came on in the Azores. We have done a couple of double kisses on the pier to give him a bit of a feel for his new ship.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

Just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Captain Jason for all of the fabulous cruises we have experienced with you on the Journey over the years. From your first welcoming smile, to the many wonderful chats, the stormy seas, the ever-changing ports (loved those mystery cruises), you always handled everything that was thrown at you with professionalism and good humour! You will be sadly missed by your Azamara family, but we know your Southampton family will benefit from this decision. We wish you ONLY the best of everything in your future life and again say THANK YOU for giving us so many awesome Azamara memories over the past several years. You will be missed!

Just want to say a HUGE THANK YOU to Captain Jason for all of the fabulous cruises we have experienced with you on the Journey over the years. From your first welcoming smile, to the many wonderful chats, the stormy seas, the ever-changing ports (loved those mystery cruises), you always handled everything that was thrown at you with professionalism and good humour! You will be sadly missed by your Azamara family, but we know your Southampton family will benefit from this decision. We wish you ONLY the best of everything in your future life and again say THANK YOU for giving us so many awesome Azamara memories over the past several years. You will be missed!

Hear hear:):):)

Hear hear x 2

And so say both of us !!

We would be most disappointed not to have the pleasure of cruising with Captain Jason again. Does anyone know where he is heading?

I'll see if I can find out where Captain Jason is going next. In the meantime I'll send your good wishes along to him. I know I enjoyed sailing with him, and writing about him for my blog post

CAPTAIN JASON IKIADIS, MASTER OF THE AZAMARA JOURNEY

By Bonnie MacLaird, Chief Blogging Officer, Azamara Club Cruises on Thursday, December 18, 2014

Capt-Jason-smiling.jpg.2172e3304e7fa49508b26b27eb8d04a8.jpg

I'll see if I can find out where Captain Jason is going next. In the meantime I'll send your good wishes along to him. I know I enjoyed sailing with him, and writing about him for my blog post

CAPTAIN JASON IKIADIS, MASTER OF THE AZAMARA JOURNEY

By Bonnie MacLaird, Chief Blogging Officer, Azamara Club Cruises on Thursday, December 18, 2014

A sad day for many of us who have cruised with Captain Jason many, many times.

We wish Jason and his family all the very best.

Best of luck in your new/future endeavours and of course good health and happiness to your family.

Bonnie: if you are able to let us know where Captain Jason is/will be going to we would be delighted to receive this information.

We will forever cherish the memories we have when we were on board with you.

Kindest regards.

So sorry to hear that Captain Jason is leaving us… such a kind man with a wry sense of humor. Very glad we had the pleasure of sailing with him several times, most recently in January, when he showed us some of the true beauty of Antarctica and the Falkland Islands.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, best wishes to Capt. Jason. I have sailed with him several times and felt he was a great Capt. He led us up the mountain in Kotor, along with a few other officers. And I just watched him on the Smithsonian Channel Majestic Ships , where he navigated the Journey up the perilous , kinky river , was it in Hong Kong or Singapore! Great skills.