What happened to 2nd April 2016 cruise on Quest

seascot

I was considering changing a cruise I have booked on Journey next year to the April 2nd cruise on Quest departing from Singapore for 13 nights. However, when I looked for this cruise yesterday on Azamara's website it did not appear.

Anyone have any ideas as to what is happening with this cruise? Perhaps an itinerary change?

I have just spoken to a very nice lady at Azamara. She was very helpful and said that the system is not allowing her or anyone to make any bookings because it could be that it has been chartered. What does this mean? Chartered by who? Will the ship be therefore overrun with one company? I know I read on a forum that this happened and the reviews of the cruise from the individual passengers were not complimentary because of the "company who chartered it".

She did however confirm that my booking is still there and "safe" but she did say that cabins are showing as being available but these could be the guarantee cabins, her system does not allow her to see.

Bonnie, any light you can throw on this would be very much appreciated.

I have just spoken to a very nice lady at Azamara. She was very helpful and said that the system is not allowing her or anyone to make any bookings because it could be that it has been chartered. What does this mean? Chartered by who? Will the ship be therefore overrun with one company? I know I read on a forum that this happened and the reviews of the cruise from the individual passengers were not complimentary because of the "company who chartered it".

She did however confirm that my booking is still there and "safe" but she did say that cabins are showing as being available but these could be the guarantee cabins, her system does not allow her to see.

Bonnie, any light you can throw on this would be very much appreciated.

I'll see what I can find out for you.

I have been told it is NOT a charter but I have not heard whether the voyage is missing because it is sold out, or some other reason.

I will let you know when I hear definitively.

Thank you Bonnie, my travel consultant spoke to Azamara who said it was not a charter but that it had been sold out. SO long as its not a swingers boat or nudist we will be fine.

Thank you Bonnie, my travel consultant spoke to Azamara who said it was not a charter but that it had been sold out. SO long as its not a swingers boat or nudist we will be fine.

With airline luggage restrictions getting worse, a nudist cruise begins to make sense. ;)

Even if it's sold out, it should appear on the website or on Cruising Power as a closed sailing. I just checked and it's still not there.

I have just learned that the reason for the disappearance of the April 2, 2016 voyage of Azamara Quest from our website is that the voyage has been cancelled all together. During this time period the Azamara Quest will now be in dry-dock.

Due to what was determined to be an expanded scope of required upgrades to the ship’s guest areas necessitating more preparation time, the Quest's dry-dock has been moved from September 2015 to April 2016. The Azamara Journey’s dry-dock remains the same: January 2016.

Travel Professionals for those guests already booked on the April 2016 voyage have been contacted.

Further details on the dry-dock plans will be communicated starting in June.

Bonnie,

Did they tell you exactly how long the Quest will be in drydock? I would imagine it will be a longer period of time than normal since they're doing more upgrades.

I have not heard 'exactly' how long the Quest will be in drydock. I have heard this change only affects the April 2, 2016 voyage.

Oh, no. We're on the cruise before that, and my custom is never to be on the final cruise before a drydock, since in my experience they will start work on the prior cruise, resulting in inconvenience and sometimes chaos. Why on earth couldn't they have decided this before we could start booking air?:mad::mad:

I knew it was too good to be true that I was able to snag a first class ticket to Tokyo on points....:(

Oh, no. We're on the cruise before that, and my custom is never to be on the final cruise before a drydock, since in my experience they will start work on the prior cruise, resulting in inconvenience and sometimes chaos. Why on earth couldn't they have decided this before we could start booking air?:mad::mad:

I knew it was too good to be true that I was able to snag a first class ticket to Tokyo on points....:(

join the club:mad:i was gettign a new cabind for cmas not the same old one with a huge chair that i never use, stain on carpet etc.. none of us are happy.

I have just learned that the reason for the disappearance of the April 2, 2016 voyage of Azamara Quest from our website is that the voyage has been cancelled all together. During this time period the Azamara Quest will now be in dry-dock.

Due to what was determined to be an expanded scope of required upgrades to the ship’s guest areas necessitating more preparation time, the Quest's dry-dock has been moved from September 2015 to April 2016. The Azamara Journey’s dry-dock remains the same: January 2016.

Travel Professionals for those guests already booked on the April 2016 voyage have been contacted.

Further details on the dry-dock plans will be communicated starting in June.

I have just called my TA and he knows nothing about this what so ever. He is trying to look into this as we speak. So can I ask what happens now, will we be offered another sailing !!! I'm just thank full we have not booked flights for the six of us. If I hear anything I'll be back on here straight away. Triona

Hi Triona

Have you heard from your travel consultant yet? I have tried to contact mine - in fact she promised to call me yesterday but I didnt hear and now today she is out of the office. Its one of the UKs largest cruise agents and I cant even get through on the telephone today to speak to someone else.

They just dont seem to care - when I was looking to book they were keen to get back to me with options and then once I paid my money that efficiency has gone down the tubes. I bet that when it comes to paying the balance they would soon be on the phone!

Hi Triona

Have you heard from your travel consultant yet? I have tried to contact mine - in fact she promised to call me yesterday but I didnt hear and now today she is out of the office. Its one of the UKs largest cruise agents and I cant even get through on the telephone today to speak to someone else.

They just dont seem to care - when I was looking to book they were keen to get back to me with options and then once I paid my money that efficiency has gone down the tubes. I bet that when it comes to paying the balance they would soon be on the phone!

No not heard yet, ours is on a 3 night out of Southampton so not back in office until Monday. When I spoke to him yesterday there was talk of some compensation but until he's back I cant say for sure. He said for us to have a look for some other sailings with the same line or maybe another line. At this moment we have our eyes on a couple of sailings, as soon as I have some news I'll let you know. Triona

All, the Quest dry dock will be conducted in Singapore from April 2 - 15, 2016, 13 nights in total. The sailing prior on March 17 and the sailing after the dry dock April 15, 2016 will not be effected.

As Bonnie has communicated to you, those of you on the effected sailing Quest April 2, 2016 notifications have been sent to your travel partners with information regarding your options and compensation.

Again we apologize for this inconvenience, the expanded scope of work, which will be shared with all of you in June, is expansive, effects all guests areas of the ships (Quest & Journey), required more time for the planning, ordering of materials, securing workers and a myriad of others details.

Simply put we needed more time and it was too important a project for our brand to rush so that we can accurately and effectively complete the work to provide all of you with a better Azamara onboard experience.

Thank you, Azamara Club Cruises