Question about free unlimited internet

SweetieinVT

So we got a promotion that gave us free unlimited internet, and I'm wondering how it works. Will I be able to switch my internet between devices?

Lucky you! So nice to here extra perks: )

We're re debating if the package worth to purchase, it seems cost so much more then Royal packages...

Do you, guys know if the ports and and islands have a 'hot wifi spots'?

We are exited returning back to Celebrity from Royal...

Thanks!!

We're re debating if the package worth to purchase, it seems cost so much more then Royal packages...

Thanks!!

It's nice to have the unlimited internet, but the internet speed on the Reflection a couple of weeks ago was much slower than we have experienced in recent years on the Oasis/Allure. At times it was almost unusable on the Reflection. I don't know if Celebrity uses a different system than Royal or if the Reflection just has a smaller capacity.

Thanks!!

When sailing the Caribbean, you will find that most ports do have wifi hotspots. We used them several times on our recent 14 night deep southern cruise, for both email and wifi phone calls. The best person to ask is one of the crew - they always seem to know where they are as they use them also. Honestly, I am a little bit leary of using some of them as sometimes you just don't know much about the host. Your best bet is to go to stores or fast food restaurants that will let you sign on their internet. Sometimes stores have password protected sites - as long as you are willing to walk in and look around a bit they will give you the password.

It's nice to have the unlimited internet, but the internet speed on the Reflection a couple of weeks ago was much slower than we have experienced in recent years on the Oasis/Allure. At times it was almost unusable on the Reflection. I don't know if Celebrity uses a different system than Royal or if the Reflection just has a smaller capacity.

Internet speed is very good now on all X ships. I think it is the same company supplying both RCCL and X. I was on the Oasis, Allure and three X ships in the last 6 months. All speeds were comparable. Only time you have any issues is in morning from 9-10am on a seeday when everyone is on.