RCL single cabin pricing on quantum class ships

Great. I think we are also on the Rhapsody together in 2017. I know Donna loves sailing with you and I am looking forward to the opportunity as well.

I'm looking forward to meeting you too!!!

Ruth, Carol, Gayle, Donna:

Did you all book on the phone/on line? Did anyone book on board, or with a Next Cruise Certificate?

How much OBC is showing on your SB invoice?

My SB was booked the first day with a NCC. I paid $1797, and received $100 OBC from NCC and $140 from my TA. OBC from royal is always half with SB cabins.

That must be an old NCC. :)

No, it was from my cruise in March. 12 night balcony cabin OBC was $200. $100 for an SB. I went to the next cruise deck and the new itineraries weren't out yet, so they booked me on any cruise, and told me I could change it to the one I wanted when the new itineraries were released. I actually booked 3 on that cruise.

Edited by gaylemh

No, it was from my cruise in March. 12 night balcony cabin OBC was $200. $100 for an SB. I went to the next cruise deck and the new itineraries weren't out yet, so they booked me on any cruise, and told me I could change it to the one I wanted when the new itineraries were released. I actually booked 3 on that cruise.

Oh, that's not a Next Cruise Certificate. You booked an ACTUAL cruise, that you later moved.

NCCs now have very low OBC.

I didn't even think they still had NCC. At the next cruise desk, he never even mentioned a NCC when I told him I wanted to book for 2017 and 2018. He just said he would book 3 cruises that I could change. He had actually booked 3 Med cruises that were over $5,000 each. I laugh when he showed me the bookings. I just called and changed them a few weeks later.

I didn't even think they still had NCC. At the next cruise desk, he never even mentioned a NCC when I told him I wanted to book for 2017 and 2018. He just said he would book 3 cruises that I could change. He had actually booked 3 Med cruises that were over $5,000 each. I laugh when he showed me the bookings. I just called and changed them a few weeks later.

If they are going to let us change the bookings without losing OBC, then I cannot think of a reason to purchase an NCC.

If they are going to let us change the bookings without losing OBC, then I cannot think of a reason to purchase an NCC.

That's why I thought they didn't even have them anymore. I was told you were allowed one change.

That's why I thought they didn't even have them anymore. I was told you were allowed one change.

Someone recently reported that they will now allow unlimited changes.

On the solos board, there's a thread that tracks what deals people are getting on solo cabins and which cruises have small or no single supplement. It's a problem across RC, not just the Quantum class. When I tried to make a booking solo on Radiance for an Alaska cruise, the cost was almost 4 times as much as it was per-person double occupancy ... for a cabin that only held two. (No solo cabins on that ship).

What I've noticed in that forum is that the deals some people get from RC (one person got $700 to go solo on the same cruise the day before I got quoted $2400. Then two days later it went down to $1700) often shift overnight -- so it pays to keep calling RC and see what the best single fare they can come up with that day is, and book when it's in your price range.

I've brought this to RC's attention, and never once received a reply.

Actually, there are 3 solo cabins on that ship.

Carol,

I'm in at the same price as Gail, but no OBC. I repurposed an existing future reservation rather than create a new one. Now that I've gotten Ted on a cruise, I have future reservations for "me" and for "us", which is way more complicated.

Can someone please list the Royal Caribbean ships that offer solo balconies? Thank you.

Far as I can tell, the only studio balconies are on Ovation and Anthem.

Far as I can tell, the only studio balconies are on Ovation and Anthem.

They're still on the Quantum deck plans as SD category instead of SB category. Probably being marketed differently in China where folks might be more willing to share a 55" wide bed.

They're still on the Quantum deck plans as SD category instead of SB category. Probably being marketed differently in China where folks might be more willing to share a 55" wide bed.

Makes sense, thanks Carol.

Ruth, Carol, Gayle, Donna:

Did you all book on the phone/on line? Did anyone book on board, or with a Next Cruise Certificate?

How much OBC is showing on your SB invoice?

Looks like I paid a little more than Gayle. I booked while on Anthem in April. My cost is 1919.60 with $200 OBC from RCCL and another $125 from my TA.

Looks like I paid a little more than Gayle. I booked while on Anthem in April. My cost is 1919.60 with $200 OBC from RCCL and another $125 from my TA.

You're lucky, they told me I would only get half the $200 OBC being it was a studio balcony. Mine also included a D+ discount. It actually comes out just a couple of dollars different, with your extra $100 OBC.

You're lucky, they told me I would only get half the $200 OBC being it was a studio balcony. Mine also included a D+ discount. It actually comes out just a couple of dollars different, with your extra $100 OBC.

That is correct. I got $100 plus $100 for booking onboard that I could have used on the sailing I was on but chose to have it put forward to this future cruise. But, thanks to this wonderful thread I checked current prices and was able to get $120 price reduction. TA OBC dropped by $25 as a result. Still a net savings for me. I also get the D+ discount.