The Spirit moves us again on the April 11 Transatlantic FTL to Barcelona

spinnaker2

I know, I know, its 40 plus days away. I just can not wait any longer. Forgive my early posting of this thread, but I can't help myself.

I hope other CC members will post too. Maybe even really early, like me.

Gee, it doesn't feel early. It is just around the corner. I misplaced my passport today and nearly had a heart attack. Finally found it in the last suitcase used.

Can't wait to see you all again!

I know, I know, its 40 plus days away. I just can not wait any longer. Forgive my early posting of this thread, but I can't help myself.

How do you think I feel? The Spirit will move me next week - Valparaiso to FLL --

I tried for a M & M but no takers, so I guess it will be just me --

Dusababy aka Mary Ann

The Spirit's moving me on the November 5, 2016, Transatlantic, Barcelona to Barbados. How's that for an early posting? [emoji6]

Edited by Mark_K

Spins,

I hope you remember to pack some Rizla papers and a pouch of Old Shag for Soapy's roll ups!

I'm sure your 40 days will pass in a flash.

:)

Jeff

The Spirit's moving me on the November 5, 2016, Transatlantic, Barcelona to Barbados. How's that for an early posting? [emoji6]

Hello Mark! We will be joining you in this Mini-Trans, and I'm hoping we start an early roll call. Well, maybe it's too early... but it's always fun.

Meet & Mingle. Look for it above - then go to site. Works sometimes -- obviously no CC people on board Spirit next week, or they don't want to "meet and mingle.":p

When we got off in BA, I think all of the CC people got off (Wellseasoned, English USA and Karaoke Queen). There might be lurkers still there, but I don't know.

I hope you have a wonderful time.

Thanks Bob. For all the cruising I've done, never been to this side of South America. Looking forward to a great adventure.

Will report.

Dusababy aka Mary Ann

Mary Ann, hope you have a terrific cruise. sorry no takers for the meet and mingle. We had the same experience last year on the Cloud, no m&m, or no one who wanted to sign up.

glad to see I will not be chastised or in the dog house for my early post, and that others are as exuberant and happy as I am for their upcoming cruises.

YIPPEE!

Meet & Mingle. Look for it above - then go to site. Works sometimes -- obviously no CC people on board Spirit next week, or they don't want to "meet and mingle.":p

So far 13 people registered for M & M 11 April TA.

It would great for those of us who are superstitious if more people signed up.

I'll be there for the Spirit TA but not right across - I'm doing the previous 11 day Caribbean, then B2B for the TA but disembarking in Bermuda where I can catch the bus home.

I will however be going all the way in November from BCN to BGI!

And I've just signed up for the M&Ms, so no worries for the triskaidekaphobics amongst you.

Thanks JJ!

So happy to learn of your appearance on part of the TA. As well, you have ameliorated the fears of some who expressed their concern about a certain number.

Maybe we can prevail upon you for some recommendations on what to do, see and where to eat in Bermuda.

You will be rested and relaxed when we meet on the Spirit!

Your trip is coming up very soon, Bon voyage.

Edited by spinnaker2

When Silversea introduced the Meet & Mingle with cruise critic 2+ yrs ago the first few we attended also had the ship's leadership there. As time went on we only had the cruise director host. Then for the first time during last month's Barbados to Buenos Aires cruise the m&m was self serve (no ship leadership attended), we still had a very nice m&m. SS did make a cruise critic meet & mingle sign for our reserved are in the Spirit's observation lounge. However, prefer that at least someone from the ship's leadership host our meet & mingle.

Edited by WesW

Wes,

As I mentioned, even though there were pax signed up for the m&m on our cloud trip last summer, and we were told by CC that we had reached the "quota" there was no such event held. We even mentioned it to the CD, but we heard nothing back.

I will certainly let you know what occurs on our upcoming voyage.

It is also very surprising that so many pax know nothing about CC, although I wonder if it is the demographic of pax who choose Silversea that don't read CC. Many of the other cruise lines have lots of posters and followers.

Candy, have sent a personal email to Mark Conroy and Frank Sansone, highlighting (IMO the synergies a SS & CC meet & mingle bring to both). Gave Mark the 411 on the history of the SS/CC meet & mingle and politely asked he continue to encourage SS and the ship's leadership to support this event. As a minimum these events should be hosted by someone from the ship's leadership. Mark replied today and thanked me for the note--hope he invigorates the SS/CC meet & mingle program. Please do keep me posted on how your event turns out--but my guess (unless Mark intervenes in the interim) is yours will be another self-service event.

Keith, sorry to hear you had not Silver Spirit assistance with your meet & mingle.

There were M&Ms on segment two and three of the World Cruise and the Cruise Consultant attended. The Observation Lounge was set aside for it and drinks and nibbles served.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by 57 varieties

EnglishUSA:

Yes not long now.

Question: Did you have tryouts for your Trivia team, or did you actively recruit the members with promises of compensation or something other?

Seems as if the challenge gauntlet has been thrown down...

Will there be the boat building challenge this crossing?

do you know if Donato is in LaT?

see you aboard!

Not long to go. Trivia team assembled.CD Moss. F & B Nicolas.It's going to be a great X-ing with so many friends on board.

If Moss is your CD, study up on rivers, mountains, countries bordering other countries, and, of course, Zimbabwean rock bands like the Beatles.