Adding HAL air to booking

saratoga

Can you book flights directly from HA website? We are looking at a Santiago to Buenos Aries cruise on HAL. On other cruise line websites, I have been able to put my dates in and see available flights. I don't see that option on HAL. Am I just missing it or do you have to call them book flights?

When I checked into it, they could not book the extra leg room seats. Husband is tall with long legs and extra leg room is a necessity on long flights. If we can't be guaranteed that, then we have to buy airline fare someplace else

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Because most HAL air reservations are bulk fare bookings, there's no way they could quote a meaningful fare online. They must contact their agents at the various airlines and negotiate requests for one-way and open-jaw fares. You usually do better booking yourself for domestic round trip reservations.

Our TA was able to book a one-way TPA to VCE for $790 in British Airways World Traveller Plus cabin, which is BA's version of premium economy. We got an immediate record locator, so we could select our seats 7 months ahead of time, 38" seat pitch, 19" wide seats, meals, free drinks and 2 free checked bags. So, HAL Air can book premium economy if your TA asks for it. You can also get business class.

I do not understand this. On at least two other cruise lines we are able to log into the cruise air program and see multiple flight options with multiple routings/airlines, and prices. One way or return. If several cruise lines can do this it strikes me that this is simply an IT issue that could overcome with a proper IT interface.

Plus, we are actually able to do this PRIOR to booking. The system allows for this. This is a great help for us since we usually book inside the final payment window. Last time we did, and used cruise air, we were able to call our on line TA and book...along with booking the specific cruise air choice that we wanted (there were five or six options). We had the ability to select not only the class of service but our preferred airlines.

We do all of our travel bookings on line. A good, easy to navigate and comprehensive vendor web site is a big plus for us.

We think that HAL should seriously consider upgrading it's on line web site and it's shipboard customer IT systems. They are both well past their best before dates. IMHO, this is a fairly basic sales/marketing tool -especially for what appears to be HAL's target market. HAL needs to get in the game on this one.

Edited by iancal

I do not understand this. On at least two other cruise lines we are able to log into the cruise air program and see multiple flight options with multiple routings/airlines, and prices. One way or return. If several cruise lines can do this it strikes me that this is simply an IT issue that could overcome with a proper IT interface.

Plus, we are actually able to do this PRIOR to booking. The system allows for this. This is a great help for us since we usually book inside the final payment window. Last time we did, and used cruise air, we were able to call our on line TA and book...along with booking the specific cruise air choice that we wanted (there were five or six options). We had the ability to select not only the class of service but our preferred airlines.

We do all of our travel bookings on line. A good, easy to navigate and comprehensive vendor web site is a big plus for us.

We think that HAL should seriously consider upgrading it's on line web site and it's shipboard customer IT systems. They are both well past their best before dates. IMHO, this is a fairly basic sales/marketing tool -especially for what appears to be HAL's target market. HAL needs to get in the game on this one.

I'm with you on this one. I like control of my air bookings and prefer to look and study and select.

We have a flight ease credit for our next cruise and, honestly, I am leery of even putting this to use. Not to mention it has to be used by a deadline.

Kind of hoping the price goes down once the promo is over, but it may not especially with the way the exchange rates may go.

We are taking our first Princess cruise this September. I was able to book EZAir flights completely within my booking. I could choose flights, class, and seats right online. Even better you can do a test booking with or without air. I got a great business class fare.

Way ahead of HAL. One would think with the large number of unique itineraries HAL would prioritize adding this feature.

Dennis

Thanks for the information. I was surprised HA doesn't have an online system for booking flights.

Of the cruise lines I have used, I find Princess to be the easiest to use. You don't have to be booked on a cruise to see the prices and flight options. You can book any class of service and dates of travel to and/or from the ship. The also offer flexible fares that can be refared on a price drop and don't have to be paid until final payment date.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

The HAL system is identical to Princess -- IF booked directly with HAL. With Princess it doesn't matter where you booked. Kudos to Princess.

If you've booked HAL through an Agency you are out of luck trying to book HAL air online yourself. This is the reason I'm now booking directly with HAL and transferring my reservation to the agency of my choice once I've done my air. In fact I booked a HAL cruise today and did our air online (with "meaningful" prices ;) ).

Absolutely no problem booking seats with extra legroom. You just change the default 'economy' setting to 'premium economy'.

The HAL system is identical to Princess -- IF booked directly with HAL. With Princess it doesn't matter where you booked. Kudos to Princess.

Could you please share with me the website path on HAL's booking site that is 'identical to Princess' for booking flights. It certainly is not intuitive to me.

Dennis

I'm with you on this one. I like control of my air bookings and prefer to look and study and select.

We have a flight ease credit for our next cruise and, honestly, I am leery of even putting this to use. Not to mention it has to be used by a deadline.

Kind of hoping the price goes down once the promo is over, but it may not especially with the way the exchange rates may go.

Kazu, what is the deadline for the flight ease credit? We have it as well but this is the first time I've heard about a deadline. Our cruise is over a year away so it's still too early to book our flights.

Kazu, what is the deadline for the flight ease credit? We have it as well but this is the first time I've heard about a deadline. Our cruise is over a year away so it's still too early to book our flights.

Unknown at this stage without calling HAL, but I was told if I booked at the 300 days out it would be safe. (I told her not to worry about calling at this stage).

I am seriously considering cancelling and rebooking on line and then transferring it if it makes it easier to book flights assuming that makes less work for the TA rather than being on the phone with me for an hour.

Could you please share with me the website path on HAL's booking site that is 'identical to Princess' for booking flights. It certainly is not intuitive to me.

Dennis

First, I never said the website path was 'identical to Princess'. It is much clearer on the Princess site and anyone, booked or not, can check airfares. Once you get to where you book flights the system is identical.

Second, are you booked directly thru HAL or are you using a travel agency? As I said before you must be booked directly with HAL, no agency involved.

When logged in to your booked cruise you can either click on "Book Flights & Travel" (on the left side menu) or "Travel Planning" (on the top menu). Either will take you to "Pre & Post Cruise Travel" where you can choose "Flights". From there it you shouldn't have any problems as it is identical to Princess.

Unknown at this stage without calling HAL, but I was told if I booked at the 300 days out it would be safe. (I told her not to worry about calling at this stage).

I am seriously considering cancelling and rebooking on line and then transferring it if it makes it easier to book flights assuming that makes less work for the TA rather than being on the phone with me for an hour.

We have the Flight Ease air credit with our booking for September, 2018, and it is my understanding that it doesn't expire until your cruise date. I may be incorrect, but that was what I understood from our TA (who is also a CC member). As soon as the flights are available, we will see what prices are and go from there.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

• 1 month later...

When logged in to your booked cruise you can either click on "Book Flights & Travel" (on the left side menu) or "Travel Planning" (on the top menu). Either will take you to "Pre & Post Cruise Travel" where you can choose "Flights". From there it you shouldn't have any problems as it is identical to Princess.

Thanks so much for this info!!:)