Free Promo Ultimate Beverage Package

RVman

Ok, I'm sure this is a dumb question but here it goes anyhow. Three of are going to share a balcony cabin. It says that my cabin qualifies for the Free Promo Ultimate Beverage Package. Is this for one person or would it be for all of us. I know that we all three have to have one but can't see where they would give it to all for free. Anybody know?

Thanks

-Mark

Edited by RVman

It is for the first two guests listed on the reservation. The third would get the soda package. You can't upgrade from one package to the other, but you can buy the UBP for the third person. Happy cruising!

Mark, not a dumb question but here's a tip about NCL promo's: On the bottom of the promo page there is a link to the promo Terms and Conditions. NCL needs to do a better job of making it more obvious but for the current UBP promo: (make sure you look at the highlighted part)

Ultimate Beverage Package:

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Ultimate Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package.

Variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $11. Includes fountain soda and juice, and non-alcoholic beer.

A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included) purchased on board, Applicable taxes, US and VAT may apply based on certain destinations.

Does not apply to the Ice Bars.

Does not include room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.

Guest is responsible for 18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package prior to cruise.

It is for the first two guests listed on the reservation. The third would get the soda package. You can't upgrade from one package to the other, but you can buy the UBP for the third person. Happy cruising!

No soda package for the 3rd guest with the current promotion. Only the first 2 on the reservation get the promotional beverage package.

The soda package for the 3rd - 8th guest was offered on past promotions.

Edited by Got Tequila?

We have not sailed with NCL for several years and the UDP was not available then. So if I read this right, we will be paying 18% of the cost of the UDP even though the package is complimentary. We can live with that. It's a lot better than paying for every drink which is what we did on our previous NCL cruises. Can someone please confirm that I have got this right. Thanks

the first 2 on the reservation get the booze, the third receives soda. You do not pay anything if the drink is under $11.00 You also do not pay the 18%. Even if the package is for the first 2, that does not mean after you order your drink, you can't order another drink for your other hand.

the first 2 on the reservation get the booze, the third receives soda. You do not pay anything if the drink is under $11.00 You also do not pay the 18%. Even if the package is for the first 2, that does not mean after you order your drink, you can't order another drink for your other hand.

Incorrect! The promotion has changed and this is no longer accurate. New promo, new T&C.

Completely wrong. Read the T/C that was posted above.

WRONG!! This may have been how it worked previously but not with the current promotion. The third person doesn't get a beverage package & the 1st & 2nd do pay the 18% service charge on the package.

As you can see by the responses there are different answers depending on when you booked.

The easiest way to be sure what you have is call NCL direct (whether or not you booked through a travel agency) and ask them to email you an amenity confirmation. It will list each passengers name with the promo that applies to them.

I usually book direct, but have one cruise currently booked through big box ta. They do not give out the amenity confirmation. I had zero problem getting it direct from Norwegian CL.

Also, the 18% is on top of the FREE package price. You have to look at it two ways.

Lets just say for giggles and grins the 7 night price is $500. 18% of that is $90. Now, if you drink more than $500 worth of alcohol on your cruise you are actually paying LESS than the 18% per drink cost would have been. But, lets say you only drink $300 worth of alcohol then the $90 is actually a higher percentage.

Secondly. You are paying 18% on top of the package price. But using the same scenario, add the cost of the package to the cost of the 18% gratuity. Now using the numbers above divide 90 (gratuity) by 590 (total cost) for YOUR COST is 15.25% of the total cost of the package.

Now, ask yourself... Is this a good deal?

For me... Yes.

Also, the 18% is on top of the FREE package price. You have to look at it two ways.

Lets just say for giggles and grins the 7 night price is $500. 18% of that is $90. Now, if you drink more than $500 worth of alcohol on your cruise you are actually paying LESS than the 18% per drink cost would have been. But, lets say you only drink $300 worth of alcohol then the $90 is actually a higher percentage.

Secondly. You are paying 18% on top of the package price. But using the same scenario, add the cost of the package to the cost of the 18% gratuity. Now using the numbers above divide 90 (gratuity) by 590 (total cost) for YOUR COST is 15.25% of the total cost of the package.

Now, ask yourself... Is this a good deal?

For me... Yes.

Why not do the math the easy way? The 18% gratuity for the UBP is $68.04 on a 7 day cruise. If you spend more than $9.72 a day on soda or alcoholic beverages, you're ahead of the game. BUT....... if that's all you drink, you may want to consider the UDP or the Excursion credit.

Why not do the math the easy way? The 18% gratuity for the UBP is $68.04 on a 7 day cruise. If you spend more than $9.72 a day on soda or alcoholic beverages, you're ahead of the game. BUT....... if that's all you drink, you may want to consider the UDP or the Excursion credit.

That is pretty much one alcoholic beverage per day excluding the 18% you'll need to pay anyway.

The bad news, we'll probably now have a boat load of drunks on our cruise and long lines at the bars. The UDP sounds interesting, but restaurants will likely be packed. I think we'll take the excursion credit.

Planning first NCL cruise and booked with "free" UBP for two guests. It sound like in the past NCL made all passengers in the reservation purchase some type of package also. I just wanted to be correct in understanding with the current promo our 3rd guest (10yo who doesn't drink soda) and my mother (only drinks iced tea on cruises) do not have to pay for a package?

Also, does NCL offer "freestyle" fill ups likes RC? As a diet soda drinker I really enjoyed the many choices of dt soda, not just diet coke. Anyone know what dt soda choices are available? Thx!

Edited by jhophop

Planning first NCL cruise and booked with "free" UBP for two guests. It sound like in the past NCL made all passengers in the reservation purchase some type of package also. I just wanted to be correct in understanding with the current promo our 3rd guest (10yo who doesn't drink soda) and my mother (only drinks iced tea on cruises) do not have to pay for a package?

Also, does NCL offer "freestyle" fill ups likes RC? As a diet soda drinker I really enjoyed the many choices of dt soda, not just diet coke. Anyone know what dt soda choices are available? Thx!

You're 3rd and 4th guest in the cabin don't have to purchase a package if the first 2 are getting the Ultimate Beverage package for free as part of the current promotion.

Norwegian serves Pepsi product. Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

With the Ultimate beverage package you can get as many drinks as you like, one at a time.....unlimited number of drinks each day.

Full terms of the current promotion for the UBP, which started for cruises booked on 6/1 or later this month.

Ultimate Beverage Package:

Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation.

Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Ultimate Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package.

Variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $11. Includes fountain soda and juice, and non-alcoholic beer.

A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included) purchased on board, Applicable taxes, US and VAT may apply based on certain destinations.

Does not apply to the Ice Bars.

Does not include room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.

Guest is responsible for 18% gratuities & service charges on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package prior to cruise.

We cruised in March with the UBP and didn't pay additional gratuity. We will be sailing again in Dec and again have the UBP. Just so I have this correct, do we pay 18% on each drink? Or the value of the entire package? And is this added to our sign and sail? I did not see any additional gratuity charges when I booked. Just want to be prepared for all the extra charges...$13.00 pp for DSC and then 18% of the UBP...WOW that will be close to $500 in tips?? And then we always tip extra for good service.