Drinking water on Oceana

Doughty3

We're first time cruisers so please be patient if this is a stupid question.

Where will we find decent drinking water on the ship?

We enjoy morning tea & coffee, & wine etc in the evenings, but apart from that we generally just drink plain water.

We're first time cruisers so please be patient if this is a stupid question.

Where will we find decent drinking water on the ship?

We enjoy morning tea & coffee, & wine etc in the evenings, but apart from that we generally just drink plain water.

Hello,

No question is 'stupid' it's just something you do not (yet) know the answer to :)

You can either order bottled water (for a charge) from your cabin steward.

Otherwise you can get water from the drink dispensers in the self service restaurant. For hygiene reasons you shouldn't fill water bottles etc from the machines.

I seem to recall when I was on Oceana in 2009 (things may have changed since) that there was also a cold water dispenser on one of the pool deck areas near one of the food outlets.

Hope this helps.

Joan

Use the water out of the cold tap in your bathroom, it is the same water as used in the water dispensers, in the dining rooms and to make ice cubes!

It is subject to stringent health checks but as it is a mixture of water loaded in port and onboard distilled water you will find it is very soft and some people don't like the taste. Try filling a bottle and leaving in the fridge overnight. This allows the chemicals to disperse.

I drink a lot of water too but I just cannot stand the taste of the drinking water on ships including Oceana. I've tried boiling, chilling etc etc but it tastes too nasty whatever I do. I take a few bottles onboard at Southampton then buy more in ports. I also order a large bottle in the MDR and it does me for a few meals.

Use the water out of the cold tap in your bathroom, it is the same water as used in the water dispensers, in the dining rooms and to make ice cubes!

It is subject to stringent health checks but as it is a mixture of water loaded in port and onboard distilled water you will find it is very soft and some people don't like the taste. Try filling a bottle and leaving in the fridge overnight. This allows the chemicals to disperse.

These days its all created on the ship by reverse osmosis, very clever and purer than the tap water at home. The reason for the taste difference is usually down to a lack of chlorine and minerals.

Does anyone know if you get a little pot of ice cubes in the cabin fridge which is refilled each day? I can't remember if P&O do this?

Thanks

Jasmine :)

Your cabin steward will provide ice each day. For you G&T and the lemon.

Does anyone know if you get a little pot of ice cubes in the cabin fridge which is refilled each day? I can't remember if P&O do this?

Thanks

Jasmine :)

Your cabin steward will fill an ice bucket for you each day if you ask him when you first meet.

Edited: sorry posted before I saw the above.

Edited by jaceyar